**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Lol I know but damn haven't they ever heard of saving so they can cash out ? ....like me for example I got a few credit cards and a line of credit worth easily over 20k but I'd never buy no damn jewelry on a credit card I just save my money until I can afford what I want

Lol I know but damn haven't they ever heard of saving so they can cash out ? ....like me for example I got a few credit cards and a line of credit worth easily over 20k but I'd never buy no damn jewelry on a credit card I just save my money until I can afford what I want
These are inner-city minorities with low household income and low education, that instantly becomes rich off rapping/slanging. You really think they are considering financial stability over cars and jewelry?

Ya but at some point as a adult you gotta see that the 20k Jesus piece u just copped just ended up costing you 30k because you was making payments ... And all you had to do was save three more months it would of saved you 10k lol

I bo
I paid for my jesus piece and my cuban on a credit card

racked up like 10000 credit card points and paid them off right after

its not much but those 10k in credit card points got me like $100 gift card to bestbuy

That's a different situation you had the money and u just paid it
I bo
I paid for my jesus piece and my cuban on a credit card

racked up like 10000 credit card points and paid them off right after

its not much but those 10k in credit card points got me like $100 gift card to bestbuy
off

Sorry but plenty white people do the same
for serious I mean look at  Nicolas Cage, coppin castles only to be reported as goin broke not too long after.  none of my business though really.  anyways, buying jury  isn't the worst thing you can do with a bunch of money IMO.  over a period of 10, 20, 30 years+ you'll probably at least break even. 

These are inner-city minorities with low household income and low education, that instantly becomes rich off rapping/slanging. You really think they are considering financial stability over cars and jewelry?
Americans in general are ****** with their finances. Don't go there man.

I was referring to the rappers/slangers that make it big, which are majority wise, minorities.

The original point was why do people who make bank still buy stuff on credit.

Nic Cage is dfiffernet because he went broke buying actual property around the world with his movie earnings, and now has to do awful movies to pay for expenses.

Last edited:
banks had some cool stuff back in the days but man you can really tell this picture is from 2004-2007.  statue of liberty and the plate with the blue stones were especially cool IMO.  have always thought that big plates were cool, pee had some cool stuff for a short time

if anyone has better pictures of these , post em.  I think maybe the HNIC album book had some better ones actually but I DOn't feel like digging it up. 

Last edited:
Gents,

I could use your help - I haven't made many jewelry purchases in my life, so my knowledge is limited, but I've begun to research a few things out in the field and I'm trying to get an idea of whether or not I'm looking at fair pricing.

I'm considering buying a few pieces in the coming months, for myself, and for my daughter; I'm looking at a 30" 5mm Franco link in yellow gold for me (18k, preferably, but 14k would be acceptable), and a pair of yellow micro angels for her and I, in solid 14k (I'd even do 10 for her, as this is more a piece of sentiment, and I'm worried that she may damage or lose it still).

In terms of the Franco, prices seem to be all over the place, and I'm seeking out a reputable dealer in the NJ/NYC area; a web search for the angels, on the other hand, brings up a bunch of "gold filled" pieces, which range in prices from $20.00 all the way to $200.00. I don't know much about gold filled jewelry, but I think I'd rather get something solid.

What I'm looking for, in a nutshell:

Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.

get a solid franco, I've heard those hollow ones break all the time and they don't even shine the same as other link chains.  gold fill just seems to mean gold plated brass these days .  I'm told that way back in the days it was basically a  really heavy gold plate over silver that looked good and lasted a long time but that's like the 70's maybe 60's and earlier. 

Gents,

I could use your help - I haven't made many jewelry purchases in my life, so my knowledge is limited, but I've begun to research a few things out in the field and I'm trying to get an idea of whether or not I'm looking at fair pricing.

I'm considering buying a few pieces in the coming months, for myself, and for my daughter; I'm looking at a 30" 5mm Franco link in yellow gold for me (18k, preferably, but 14k would be acceptable), and a pair of yellow micro angels for her and I, in solid 14k (I'd even do 10 for her, as this is more a piece of sentiment, and I'm worried that she may damage or lose it still).

In terms of the Franco, prices seem to be all over the place, and I'm seeking out a reputable dealer in the NJ/NYC area; a web search for the angels, on the other hand, brings up a bunch of "gold filled" pieces, which range in prices from $20.00 all the way to $200.00. I don't know much about gold filled jewelry, but I think I'd rather get something solid.

What I'm looking for, in a nutshell:

Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Stay away from gold filled because it isnt solid gold. A 5mm chain will be way too big for those angels so i would recommend a 2mm chain around 26 - 30" (Measure with a shoe lace around the neck before you buy). Those franco chains are also usually semi hollow so if you like that syle i would make sure to go with a solid franco like the pic i posted.

cabased cabased , thanks for the quick response.

My apologies, I didn't clarify - the Franco wouldn't be copped for the angels, that's just gonna sit on its own. I'd probably do a small ball chain, or something like that, for the cherubs.

Definitely feeling the Francos with the tighter links, however - at current gold prices, what am I looking at spending for a 30" chain? I'm trying to compare and see if it'd be worth it to go for 18k versus 14.

Last edited:
@CAbased, thanks for the quick response.

My apologies, I didn't clarify - the Franco wouldn't be copped for the angels, that's just gonna sit on its own. I'd probably do a small ball chain, or something like that, for the cherubs.

Definitely feeling the Francos with the tighter links, however - at current gold prices, what am I looking at spending for a 30" chain? I'm trying to compare and see if it'd be worth it to go for 18k versus 14.
I would say a solid franco in 14k and around 5mm like that picture you're looking at around $4000 and in 18k probably around $5000. Remember that solid franco's are the heaviest chain there is. For example i wear a 14k 5mm curb chain and it weighs under 25g and a 5mm franco would weight just under 100g.

Back
Top Bottom