**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

do you happen to have any idea how much those jesus pieces he made for biggie weighed?  only askin cause it seems like decent sized flooded jesus pieces that most people make these days weigh anywhere from 75-200 grams and aren't anywhere near as big as those pieces.  I'm thinking that those would have to be so expensive if made again today.  Also, do you know if he did Nore's jesus piece?  I always thought that one looked cool.
Yes he did do Nore's jesus as well as his 41st side peice and some other stuff I'm not sure how much the jesus peice weighed though

As far as finding Tito aka Manny's I did some heavy searching and found out where his new jewelry store is which is not in the city and I called him and he sounded very nervous and actually told me not to bother coming to his store because all he sold was women's costume jewelry so a year goes by and I went to the store anyways and he was there and he knew exactly who I was so he just starts telling me all these story's how he was the original hiphop jeweler and how Jacob stole his designs and customers and that he was basically black balled and pushed out of the diamond district. When he realized how much of a fan I was of his jewelry and how much I knew of him then he kind of opened up to me and said he still had all of his molds and that he would make anything for me. I'm not sure if he meant just for me or that he would be willing to make stuff for other people too. He even pulled out a bunch of boxes with all of the molds and yes the holy grail of Jesus heads was in one of the boxes. I am going to try and reach out to him again soon and I will let anybody that is interested know

Last edited:
the man, the myth, the legend...Tito aka Manny's the original hiphop jeweler

Last edited:
As far as finding Tito aka Manny's I did some heavy searching and found out where his new jewelry store is which is not in the city and I called him and he sounded very nervous and actually told me not to bother coming to his store because all he sold was women's costume jewelry so a year goes by and I went to the store anyways and he was there and he knew exactly who I was so he just starts telling me all these story's how he was the original hiphop jeweler and how Jacob stole his designs and customers and that he was basically black balled and pushed out of the diamond district. When he realized how much of a fan I was of his jewelry and how much I knew of him then he kind of opened up to me and said he still had all of his molds and that he would make anything for me. I'm not sure if he meant just for me or that he would be willing to make stuff for other people too. He even pulled out a bunch of boxes with all of the molds and yes the holy grail of Jesus heads was in one of the boxes. I am going to try and reach out to him again soon and I will let anybody that is interested know

Keep us posted

This might be good

Facets & Co.

2 E Hartsdale Ave, Hartsdale

(914) 949-3400 www.facetsandco.com

JEWELRY shop Facets co-owner John Serra and his wife, Sandy, met while both were teens working in their respective family jewelry stores in Manhattan’s 47th Street diamond exchange. They ended up merging their business lives by opening Facets in February. Among its inventory: $50 silver bracelets to $30,000 diamond necklaces. Exclusive to the store is co-owner Tito Caicedo’s own line of bone bracelets in silver, 24k or 18k gold, or platinum, with diamonds ($500 to $15,000).

Tito's bone bracelet that Biggie is rocking, those bracelets were completely solid weighing no less than 100grams

do you happen to have any idea how much those jesus pieces he made for biggie weighed?  only askin cause it seems like decent sized flooded jesus pieces that most people make these days weigh anywhere from 75-200 grams and aren't anywhere near as big as those pieces.  I'm thinking that those would have to be so expensive if made again today.  Also, do you know if he did Nore's jesus piece?  I always thought that one looked cool.

theres someone we all know on here with an original tito.. I'm sure he knows how much the weight is but one thing I learned when ordering mine, the weight isnt ever set in stone. It all depends on your budget and how much you are willing to pay for the weight you want.

A conscious fact was Jacob would make Jesus standard at 150 grams... Ive seen some crown joints at 160-175 and seen a kufi go as far as 109... all depends on budget

Was kicking it with my girl cousin and he copped a yellow Jesus from golden sun. We were laughing comparing it to his old Jesus from another local jeweler cuz they were night n day. That old joint looked like crack head Jesus smh.

Facets & Co.

2 E Hartsdale Ave, Hartsdale

(914) 949-3400 www.facetsandco.com

JEWELRY shop Facets co-owner John Serra and his wife, Sandy, met while both were teens working in their respective family jewelry stores in Manhattan’s 47th Street diamond exchange. They ended up merging their business lives by opening Facets in February. Among its inventory: $50 silver bracelets to $30,000 diamond necklaces. Exclusive to the store is co-owner Tito Caicedo’s own line of bone bracelets in silver, 24k or 18k gold, or platinum, with diamonds ($500 to $15,000).

:lol: :lol:

theres someone we all know on here with an original tito.. I'm sure he knows how much the weight is but one thing I learned when ordering mine, the weight isnt ever set in stone. It all depends on your budget and how much you are willing to pay for the weight you want.

A conscious fact was Jacob would make Jesus standard at 150 grams... Ive seen some crown joints at 160-175 and seen a kufi go as far as 109... all depends on budget

yeah I was speaking on observations that came from this place and the IF & CO blog.  I remember on their blog they had a bezel set white gold one that was actually 250 grams.  They also showed Malice's crown n thorn one as being 184 grams.  I think the Niketalker who had the Tito said it was like 160 something grams I think but I can't really recall.  Anyways, point is that those Biggie jesus pieces are gigantic in comparison - height, width and side profile and are most likely at least "semi hollow" so I think that they're extremely heavy and they have lots of diamonds.  Big bucks in 2015.  I came across that Tito associated store in Upstate NY on google years ago but I never mentioned it on here cause I figured that a buncha people with no intentions on actually buying anything would hit it up.  No dis but I mean anyone who's reading this knows that's true.  Plus I mean anyone who looked him up probably found it too.  It'd be really cool to see some brand new Tito jesuses but I don't see it happening. 

yeah I was speaking on observations that came from this place and the IF & CO blog.  I remember on their blog they had a bezel set white gold one that was actually 250 grams.  They also showed Malice's crown n thorn one as being 184 grams.  I think the Niketalker who had the Tito said it was like 160 something grams I think but I can't really recall.  Anyways, point is that those Biggie jesus pieces are gigantic in comparison - height, width and side profile and are most likely at least "semi hollow" so I think that they're extremely heavy and they have lots of diamonds.  Big bucks in 2015.  I came across that Tito associated store in Upstate NY on google years ago but I never mentioned it on here cause I figured that a buncha people with no intentions on actually buying anything would hit it up.  No dis but I mean anyone who's reading this knows that's true.  Plus I mean anyone who looked him up probably found it too.  It'd be really cool to see some brand new Tito jesuses but I don't see it happening. 

Yeah a NT also won a white gold jacob jesus on ebay which he weighed it and posted it when he got it and it weighed 164 grams.

The OG tito is a lot less diamon ct weight in diamonds i believe compared to the newer crown and kufi ones, so the actual gold weight can be up there and not hit you as hard. My icebox one is going to be 135 grams and 11cts, thats the standard weight and cts for icebox, of course you can make it heavier if you choose to.

Last edited:
What still amazes me of the roc piece is that there is so many different variations, sizing and gold/diamond settings, and to this date its timeless. I know tito made the OG one back in 96 if Im not mistaken, who were the next jewelers to have their hand in them? Jacob and then Avianne? I think Dame ran up on Avianne for making unofficial roc pieces.

who even knows how many of those Roc chains have been made though.  I swear that I read something on a music based message board like 10-12 years ago where someone said they interned for something associated with rocafella records or something along those lines and got a mini 14k Roc chain (no diamonds) as part of the whole thing.  This was before gold prices went crazy and the person telling this story was kinda trying to convey that it was a weak chain and that everyone got one.  I can't recall how many people everyone was though.  I Do remember that Jay Z storyteller thing on VH1 a few years back and being really impressed at the diamond chain he was wearing:

I mean that thing was shining so hard.  I guess you'd had to have seen it to know what I Mean.  The way they were hittin from a distance though, it made me think that they had to be huge stones.  Maybe some brand new CZ's and the right lighting could have the same look but I don't think he'd do that.  Then again this is coming from someone who thought that all rappers with yellow diamonds had "canary diamonds" back in like 2002  

Last edited:
whats 14kt going for on the streets these days?
$35 - $100. I think Rey does $30/gram on cuban chains that are 100g and up. For example $50/gram on a 100 gram chain is a rip off but $50/gram for a small 6 gram charm is not bad.

I'm currently on vacation so I'll look at it when I get back in on Tuesday. However, you can ask anyone who has dealt with me that what I say on here is not a sales tactic. I'm straight up. If you buy from me, cool. If you go somewhere else, that's okay too. I'm not your run of the mill sales person. I have no problem with chatting with you on the phone talking about jewelry, sports, what you ate for dinner. A lot,of other jewelers are stuck up and think they are above society. I'm pretty down to earth.

Ps. Yes a lot of jewelers outsource to molders, designers, casters, and diamond setters. We are a full manufacture. We design, we mill, we have 10 casting ovens with 3 full time casters on staff, I have 6 in house diamond setters, 6 full time gold smiths, and 22 other employees that make us run full time.
today's tuesday. where ya at bruh?

today's tuesday. where ya at bruh?

Bra why u trolling lol he runs a business ur hitting him up on NT.

You think he went back to work with you on his mind 1st thing this morning, lol

If you in that big of a rush shoot him a text or call

:smh: cats out here these days smh

Bra why u trolling lol he runs a business ur hitting him up on NT.

You think he went back to work with you on his mind 1st thing this morning, lol

If you in that big of a rush shoot him a text or call

mean.gif
cats out here these days smh
I called them.

he wasn't there. spoke to his cousin, sent him the STL file (that I already sent to info@gs)

he says he can't open it.

that's the customer interaction i'm getting and relaying to you. just like i relayed my experiences working with Trax, avianne, rafaello, and Carrera in the diamond district. the golden sun people are nice on the phone though, hopefully things improve.

keep in mind that carrera cast my piece in less than a day and golden touch finished it in less than a day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom