**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Come on man you know those angels and jesus pieces are wayyyy overdone in hip hop. I'm talking about jesus pieces in general whether it's big, small, plated, silver or whatever. You know how modern hip hop is with trends man. It's not that serious. 

How can you say it's overdone on hiphop when it's been a staple in moldern Hiphop? From ghost face, to pun, to biggie, to puffy, to hov, to fab, to nas, to Kanye to all his protégés, to even now. There has never been a time where the Cuban or Jesus was never popular in hiphop, that's why it's weird to see people come in here and talk down on them as they're above it or something.

Almost every person that goes to my church has a jesus pendant or rosary and I guarantee 99% of them don't listen to hip hop.  There is a particular style of jesus that is popular but there are so many different variations of jesus pendants and the popularity has nothing to do with hip hop.  

Fact, theres a huge difference between these baby pieces (fake or real) and light weight gold bars and the big boy jesus and coin jewelery that gets posted here from time to time. 
Ya i'm not talking about any pendant with a jesus on it. I'm talking about "Jesus pieces" The ones that try and copy that one from the 90's. The style that Supreme sells, the style that are littered all over Fleabay. But we can just agree to disagree. 

Originally Posted by Rollinwithangel  
Buddy for the 2nd time i'm not talking down on anything. All i'm saying is that Kanye West is the reason why 75% of people wear a jesus piece and/or an angel. If he never wore one than all those people wouldn't have one. 

Buddy for the 2nd time i'm not talking down on anything. All i'm saying is that Kanye West is the reason why 75% of people wear a jesus piece and/or an angel. If he never wore one than all those people wouldn't have one. 
@rollinwithangel & @cabased yall both right! They are and have been a staple in hip hop AND Kanye brought it back. @cabased its crazy we was just choppin it up about this... It's not that we're talkin down but just not any originality. @nickydoright u must be in the industry or u got it in for real because I don't see big chains and charms on a regular. Maybe them knockoff micros not chunky big boy pieces.

And to clear myself up i think if u have any setup is cool but if u have a big Cuban and nice piece on it, be proud even if u see another dude with it same setup.. Jesus piece or whatever

Yes, and saying a certain type of jewelry is overdone is not hating or looking down on it. Kanye with that jesus piece on that long ball chain and Puffy with that white gold jesus on the short chain go harder than a ***** but not many people can pull that off. When i think of late 90's/early 2000's hip hop i can remember dudes being known for the chain they wear. Like that was the only one that existed. Nowadays it seems more like dudes are saying to their jeweler "I want what he has". Maybe social media is to blame or maybe i'm just going crazy.

Last edited:
The older age in me really doesn't wanna give Kanye credit for brining it back :lol: I honestly feel it never left, Kanye came out in 05 from 00-04 nas, jay-z, ja rule all wore the Jacobs, pretty much the biggest rappers during that time. Hell fabulous even had the famous white and yellow at the same time setup.

But I can definitely see the Kanye influence post 06 because his fame went hand in hand with the rise of social media and broader exposure to everyhing. Which is why he's looked at as a god to some people even though his music and fashion both suck now

Last edited:
Fabs sun and moon setup was perfect.

Btw, diddy didnt have a white gold short cuban and Jesus. His was yellow, but he had a nice white gold/platinum chain and cross.

the proof is there on how certain individuals can and do influence the masses.Just go back in this very thread and look at what was being posted and by who,that one person I don't think is even on here anymore for whatever reason.

I've been checking out this thread since the beginning and I can see how the trend has went from the biggest boldest glitteriest(if its a word) jewelry was the talk of the town and just cool period.Now it's funny to see how a Cuban link bracelet ,chain and jesus or a cross is all you guys seem to talk about or post.The thing that made this thread great was the fact that everyone had their own idea of what was dope to them,figueroas,herringbones,ropes,diamond tennis bracelets,tiffany items and all of that other stuff.
I understand things change,times do get hard that's one of the reasons what smaller is in style but damn does everyone really want the same chain or setup?really,where you alive when biggie was an artist or puffy & mase were dancing around ?.

:smokinKeep it going and post what kept this thread alive;jewelry(one thing by ten different people)

the proof is there on how certain individuals can and do influence the masses.Just go back in this very thread and look at what was being posted and by who,that one person I don't think is even on here anymore for whatever reason.

I've been checking out this thread since the beginning and I can see how the trend has went from the biggest boldest glitteriest(if its a word) jewelry was the talk of the town and just cool period.Now it's funny to see how a Cuban link bracelet ,chain and jesus or a cross is all you guys seem to talk about or post.The thing that made this thread great was the fact that everyone had their own idea of what was dope to them,figueroas,herringbones,ropes,diamond tennis bracelets,tiffany items and all of that other stuff.
I understand things change,times do get hard that's one of the reasons what smaller is in style but damn does everyone really want the same chain or setup?really,where you alive when biggie was an artist or puffy & mase were dancing around ?.

:smokinKeep it going and post what kept this thread alive;jewelry(one thing by ten different people)
You're right but that goes back to streets verses hip hop. I wish someone else would vouch for this.. Streets wanted big! More dope.. Bigger chain! But yes, we had our own charms. Even in the streets tho, errbody wanted a big Cuban but not many could afford one! So back to the "how often do you run into someone wit one" discussion!?! I want another Cuban and have wanted that big boy since high school. But I'm not following a trend, the trend is following me! I see more rappers that had it good actin like dope boys than dope boys actin like rappers. Rappers get on then go get the famous pimps to be in the video or say they got money like they moving dope! In not saying all rappers but they're out there. Some rap guys come from the streets.. They bring in the best chains aka Cubans and then all the other fakes follow suit. It was just hard to notice when errbody had there own style.. but Cubans been around from the begin. Fab wore the white and yellow, L's had the double Cuban/eagle, death row and the man in electric chair, P and the tank... Let me stop, I already said too much

I have been watching this thread since the beginning and well before I actually had the money to buy buy jewelry.  All that fruity loops wackadoodle crap that was being posted when this thread started is dead and gone for a reason.  Much of it was fake anyway......

The reason why the consensus is a thick cuban and diamond jesus,  diamond cross, 24k coin/bar and chain set up, gold rolex is GOAT is because it is.  

We need to differentiate between these fake/micro/pico??? pieces and the big boy stuff.  

Last edited:
Pico :lol:

I've also been in this thread since the beginning, even the ones that got locked. Ironically the most prolific poster in this thread is no longer in here because of the ........ Wait for it.......... Da Jesus piece

@GoldenSun I Pm'd you

Last edited:
I have been watching this thread since the beginning and well before I actually had the money to buy buy jewelry.  All that fruity loops wackadoodle crap that was being posted when this thread started is dead and gone for a reason.  Much of it was fake anyway......

The reason why the consensus is a thick cuban and diamond jesus,  diamond cross, 24k coin/bar and chain set up, gold rolex is GOAT is because it is.  

We need to differentiate between these fake/micro/pico??? pieces and the big boy stuff.  
I like how you named all your jewelry as the GOAT 
roll.gif

Big jewelry doesn't mean better btw.

I like how you named all your jewelry as the GOAT 
roll.gif

Big jewelry doesn't mean better btw.
What other pieces are there?  After buying MANY misc chains and pendants I decided a couple of years ago that I was going to hunt and save for the specific pieces I have ALWAYS wanted and stop settling on something similar and cheaper

Doesn't have anything to do with being big.  Gold content, weight, diamond clarity, timelessness........

On the internets, 300 gram cuban and jesus set ups and 24k coin/baht set ups etc are common
nthat.gif
but I have yet to see a single person in real life with what I rock on.....

Last edited:
What other pieces are there?  After buying MANY misc chains and pendants I decided a couple of years ago that I was going to hunt and save for the specific pieces I have ALWAYS wanted and stop settling on something similar and cheaper

Doesn't have anything to do with being big.  Gold content, weight, diamond clarity, timelessness........

On the internets, 300 gram cuban and jesus set ups and 24k coin/baht set ups etc are common
nthat.gif
but I have yet to see a single person in real life with what I rock on.....
Ya i understand that that's your personal opinion. I guess everyone feels the same way about they're own jewelry. I guess i'm lucky i'm not into big heavy jewelry since it is expensive. I do like expensive watches though.

Might head out to the diamond district here in LA to check out some chains. Should I expect to pay/haggle down to 30/gram there too?
No. Miami Cubans are hand made in house at places like Reys and Daniels so they can sell them cheap. $35 would be nice for 14k. But don't expect it on a 10g chain.

Last edited:
Icebox has the best mold, hands down.

There was a NTer who got one from IF&Co who told them to remake that mold up there to be closer to the original. It turned out pretty good too, but Icebox has the official mold.

If icebox put this beard(on left) on their mold it would be best.

For 14k about $30/gram. Not sure about 10k or 18k.
Might head out to the diamond district here in LA to check out some chains. Should I expect to pay/haggle down to 30/gram there too?

Like Cabased said, nope you probably won't be able to haggle under $40/gram.

If you ask some of these jewelers if they could beat the prices of Daniels and Reys, most will admit they just can't. Daniels and Reys specialize in making Cuban chains.

Depends how many grams/what you're getting. For example when I spoke to flawless in NYC about getting a Cuban chain this summer he said anything over 100g was like 28-29 per gram but anything under was like 33-35. Although I never ended up getting the chain, when I got my bracelet it ended up being about 33.50 a gram since it's only about 45 grams. So yes it's definitely possible to pay around 30 a gram even from other places.

Ya i understand that that's your personal opinion. I guess everyone feels the same way about they're own jewelry. I guess i'm lucky i'm not into big heavy jewelry since it is expensive. I do like expensive watches though.
Its not really about my pieces.  Swap out jesus, cross, coins with Medusa rings and chains then ill agree....lol

Expensive and big don't necessarily go together in jewelry.  

Back
Top Bottom