**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Nah Surprisingly..Know Where My Heart Is, As Corny As That Sounds Lol
laugh.gif

That ring is dope

I was looking at Invisible set eternity bands but then goldensun posted this ring and hurt my feelings, I got until next March though
nerd.gif
That one wasn't small. Huge stones and huge finger size.

My fiancee picked out the ring I wanted. That way I'm not allowed to complain.

another if&co piece on the us marshalls auction site

anyone remember who this was for?

https://www.txauction.com/details.cfm?itemnum=29682
I've no idea about that one but there's a kind of cool looking santa barbara piece on there:

kind of cool looking because it seems a bit more detailed than the standard santa barbara piece that's out there.  but it's hollow 10k gold.  how difficult is it to fill hollow pieces anyways?  you prolly have to make another separate piece or pieces that fit right into the hollowed part(s) if you want to really make the piece 100% solid?  which means lots of extra labor so the best bet is to just make a heavy back?

Looks pretty old. I like the design but the face and eyes look a little creepy no ? Like a zombie.

I used to have a hollow piece with a back on it and the problem is that it sounds hollow if that makes any sense?? Like when it touches or hits something you can tell it's empty inside. If i ever came across a nice hollow piece i would get it re made solid.

Last edited:

Looks pretty old. I like the design but the face and eyes look a little creepy no ? Like a zombie.

I used to have a hollow piece with a back on it and the problem is that it sounds hollow if that makes any sense?? Like when it touches or hits something you can tell it's empty inside. If i ever came across a nice hollow piece i would get it re made solid.
yea I know exactly what chew mean cause I have this lousy jesus piece that's kinda hollow; it has a gallery back I think (if those standard grill pan looking backs can be called "galleries") and the sides seem kinda reinforced with extra gold but it still makes this clankety sound when it hits a table.  it was a bad sound to hear when I even wore the piece (I haven't in like 3 years) cause I always thought it would be accompanied by lots of stones falling out.  I'm still wondering if it's even fees able to fill hollow pieces with gold that has the same shape as the area that's hollow or if that's just scam city (gold pieces being filled with undisclosed silver or worse copper and lead). 

Last edited:
yea I know exactly what chew mean cause I have this lousy jesus piece that's kinda hollow; it has a gallery back I think (if those standard grill pan looking backs can be called "galleries") and the sides seem kinda reinforced with extra gold but it still makes this clankety sound when it hits a table.  it was a bad sound to hear when I even wore the piece (I haven't in like 3 years) cause I always thought it would be accompanied by lots of stones falling out.  I'm still wondering if it's even fees able to fill hollow pieces with gold that has the same shape as the area that's hollow or if that's just scam city (gold pieces being filled with undisclosed silver or worse copper and lead). 
Ya there is no way to fill a hollow piece. The best thing to do is make a mold and re cast it solid.

The worst is this style. Complete waste of money 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom