**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Anyone know anywhere I could find a 3mm platinum rope in 22” or 24”? Or should I just try and find someone to custom make it?

Gold is worth more than Platinum now . smarten up, jewlers will give you pennies on the dollar if you resale it

Not very religious, but I was shopping for gold ropes and mentioned it to my mom one day when I went over to her place. Apparently i can’t wear gold so I basically have to choose either silver or platinum.

Not very religious, but I was shopping for gold ropes and mentioned it to my mom one day when I went over to her place. Apparently i can’t wear gold so I basically have to choose either silver or platinum.

David Yurman has some decent Silver chains between 220- $500. Look into it, Platinum is a rip off

Interested to know what religion doesn't allow you to wear gold jewelry ?

Where are you located and what’s your budget ?

i can spend anything. i think it'd end up being around $1600ish for a small 2mm one which seems like a lot, but if it's my only option then i'll just do that.

paid-in-full-3.png

Thought Cam's piece was hot back in the day, thats what got me into jewelry.

i could get you something at around $1600 from 30 to 35 grams
A flat curb chain in platinum
24 inches too bad your not in nyc

platinum and 24k is all i wear

Homie that can’t wear gold. You live at home or somthin? Cop the gold chain, then jus take it off when you around ya fam or whatever...

Yes. I just know I’d have her calling me all the time if she ever saw me wearing it or pictures of me wearing it. If I can’t find a platinum one, I’ll just stop looking into it I guess.

not to turn this into a religion thread but, the qu'ran says nothing about gold. the passage she's referring to is from a hadith... idk bout u but the only hadiths i follow are Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim. the gold thing comes from Abu Dawood, who wasn't even around when Muhammad was alive. Guy is 200 years removed from when Muhammad was alive.. yeah sorry, not gonna listen to his word. U might say, "but then why follow Imam Bukhari's hadiths" cuz literally the only place where it's textualized how to pray 2 out of the 5 prayers per day is from his texts, thus they are generally viewed as the only 2 authentic hadiths.. the rest are non-canon.

also,
If you truly want to decipher that text, the reason why they said not to wear gold is because those who are in the path of submitting their will to God shouldn't care to be flashy... so if your intention is "oh im gonna avoid wearing gold by wearing platinum," that's not how it works, if you're following that hadith, you wouldn't care to floss at all.

but like i said, i don't follow that hadith

Last edited:

Just buy something in white gold and pass it off as platinum.

Back
Top Bottom