**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

What would be a good asking price for this ring 14k 14.1 grams size 9.5? Looking to upgrade so gonna move this one
B0E818A7-7F27-47A8-A3D0-E27DE1F1B13F.jpeg

I gave my jeweler a gift for his birthday and Christmas , and he had the nerve to tell me today the most he could give me for a 119 gram 18k chain is $3900 for a pawn and 4200 if I sold It .

I gave my jeweler a gift for his birthday and Christmas , and he had the nerve to tell me today the most he could give me for a 119 gram 18k chain is $3900 for a pawn and 4200 if I sold It .
Do you think he’s afraid to offer more since the price has gone down and rumored to go down more?

I know he can get at least 5800 if he sold it to somebody walking off the street for a quick sale . The jerk is trying to get over for that extra penny
I feel you, and too bad most Jewelers don’t do that consignment **** like sneaker shops do and keep a small percent from the sale if you leave it with them to sell for you.

That thing was intentionally soiled... but yes, people's jewelry is usually pretty disgusting, especially ear rings. Anyway I never use ultrasonic on pavee pieces as they are more likely to loose stones in the process.

I know he can get at least 5800 if he sold it to somebody walking off the street for a quick sale . The jerk is trying to get over for that extra penny

save the holiday and birthday gifts for your family not a jeweler

as i said this before and i'll say it again
jewelers are not your friends

to tell you the truth for a pawn you should have taken that $4200 thats fair for a pawn when spot today for 18K is $46.17 a gram and he's offering you thats $35.59

the shop is going to try and make $10.00 plus a gram over what they paid you
if you can go to a refinery if you want to sell your gold

jewelers will try and take every single penny out of your pocket smile at your and the say pluck you very much
their like retail democrats

thats why the jeweler wins when you buy their gold and thats why the jeweler wins when you sell them gold
a jeweler never loses

don't fall for there BS

Last edited:
Where the link? These arent bad for the stones?
Idk but I remember a few cats on here posting links to ones on amazon and eBay.
Don’t those machines just use acoustic vibrations to shake dirt off??? 🤔 idk but I don’t think it’s that much better than using soap and warm water. It’s prolly better at getting in between the nooks and crannies if you have jewelry with a lot of hard to get spots.
idk if it’s loosen stones. I wouldn’t think that it’s that strong to knock out stones but that’s my opinion. I have used ultra sound therapy on patients at work and it’s mild to no sensation. so I don’t think it’s harsh on Jewlery.
Any heads have one n want to speak on it?

Don’t those machines just use acoustic vibrations to shake dirt off??? 🤔 idk but I don’t think it’s that much better than using soap and warm water. It’s prolly better at getting in between the nooks and crannies if you have jewelry with a lot of hard to get spots.
idk if it’s loosen stones. I wouldn’t think that it’s that strong to knock out stones but that’s my opinion. I have used ultra sound therapy on patients at work and it’s mild to no sensation. so I don’t think it’s harsh on Jewlery.
The ultrasonic works good, not time consuming like using a toothbrush with soap and water. I throw my chain in the machine and I run it on 5 minutes 2x and the chain comes out looking clean, the real game changer is the steam cleaner. After I steam clean the cuban it looks like the day I 1st got it.

Diamond Setting Coming Along
AA19B507-5C83-4D77-BE99-A65E08AD1971.png
can you share approximately where/who the diamond setting is being done by? if not I think I understand, just curious about the process. I remember when ppl said that most jewelry is made in China these days due to cheaper labour costs but then I have also heard that a lot of jewelry is made right in the diamond district.

It will definitely make loose stones fall out, and when it comes to checking pavee set stones... it can be a pain trying to check hundreds of diamonds to see if they're loose, not to mention you start to loose track when there are so many set together. I don't advise using it for those types of settings, but sol earrings and rings, chains, etc... yes it does work well, but you still need good solution.

I don't think I've used the steam cleaner at work for years.

to tell you the truth for a pawn you should have taken that $4200 thats fair for a pawn when spot today for 18K is $46.17 a gram and he's offering you thats $35.59

the shop is going to try and make $10.00 plus a gram over what they paid you
if you can go to a refinery if you want to sell your gold

do you know what the refinery would typically pay?

can you share approximately where/who the diamond setting is being done by? if not I think I understand, just curious about the process. I remember when ppl said that most jewelry is made in China these days due to cheaper labour costs but then I have also heard that a lot of jewelry is made right in the diamond district.
Cheap jewelry is made in areas with cheap labor. Quality jewelry is made with artisans who know their craft

Back
Top Bottom