**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Damn, definitely didn’t mean it like that
There’s a Korean fried chicken place right in Chinatown I worked by once that I been meaning to hit up

Last edited:
for 24k they were charging $61/gram + labor. I was looking at a 20" piece that was a combined 52 grams between the necklace and the dragon heads i wanted added on as the bail hooks. they asked for $3500. seemed like a reasonable price relative to what I've seen. I wasn't feeling the chain all the way so I held off. Really want a 24k franco but apparently those are hard to come by, at least that's what they told me.

do the chinatown spots only do 18/24k? Or do they also offer those dragon style chains in a 14k?

thinkin bout cruisin back home to check out spots in SF/Oak

I’m just messin witchu Homie, the weather getting nice in my city, these jokes gon’ fly
Damn, definitely didn’t mean it like that
There’s a Korean fried chicken place right in Chinatown I worked by once that I been meaning to hit up

There’s a dude accepting offers for this pendant on eBay if anybody likes Egyptian jewelry. The bale on this thing looks so dope. I like the use of different colored stones, whoever came up wit the design did a great job

giphy.gif

that dude173 that dude173 by the, if you don't mind sharing, how did they structure pricing at Ta Jewelers? I'm in Nor Cal and have been thinking about reaching out to them for a custom pendant.

Did they charge per gram + labor fees? I've never had jewelry custom made so I'm not sure what standard operating procedure is

Long has been my contact at Ta. pricing wise I used Greg yuna as reference since he has the same Jesus piece with the same specs minus the diamonds. it was within the budget I was willing to pay. As well as the other custom pieces he has done for me it was within my budget and I went with him. i didn't shop around for custom pieces since I always been a fan of their work so I felt like I wasn't being scammed. Hope that helps.

Shoutout to freshpairs freshpairs on the recommendation. went back to Kim Tin and got my second piece. Was gonna hold off for a foxtail or wheat chain but finding one in 24k has been difficult. Been calling around, even to shops like 5-6 hours outside of my area but couldn't come by one. went with this:
IMG_1726.jpg

pendant is hella old and only 6g. found it in storage recently and that's what made me interested in getting another. funny how the mind works: "oh here's a small dusty *** pendant worth a few bucks, let me go spend on a new chain"

i liked the chain itself, diamond cut on it was hard to ignore. had them add on the dragon heads. in hindsight, i shouldn't have done the dragon heads. gonna need a bigger pendant to weigh the damn heads down. they keep turning awkwardly on the bail :smh: really dumb decision.

in any case, took some photos of their pendants and chains. they aint playing about their pendant selection

IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

they had this fat *** franco. joint was like 150 grams. way too long on me and didn't like how much space was between each link:

IMG_1710 2.JPG

Shoutout to freshpairs freshpairs on the recommendation. went back to Kim Tin and got my second piece. Was gonna hold off for a foxtail or wheat chain but finding one in 24k has been difficult. Been calling around, even to shops like 5-6 hours outside of my area but couldn't come by one. went with this:
IMG_1726.jpg

pendant is hella old and only 6g. found it in storage recently and that's what made me interested in getting another. funny how the mind works: "oh here's a small dusty *** pendant worth a few bucks, let me go spend on a new chain"

i liked the chain itself, diamond cut on it was hard to ignore. had them add on the dragon heads. in hindsight, i shouldn't have done the dragon heads. gonna need a bigger pendant to weigh the damn heads down. they keep turning awkwardly on the bail :smh: really dumb decision.

in any case, took some photos of their pendants and chains. they aint playing about their pendant selection

IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

they had this fat *** franco. joint was like 150 grams. way too long on me and didn't like how much space was between each link:

IMG_1710 2.JPG
Where is this spot?

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710 2.JPG
Congrats man. I was actually looking at that exact chain cause the diamond cuts was hittin on video. How much that run you?

Where is this spot?

Oakland, CA

Congrats man. I was actually looking at that exact chain cause the diamond cuts was hittin on video. How much that run you?

overall it was 65g x $69/g (gold+labor). they charged me $4450. i haven't even filed yet, but good bye tax refund + stimmy ...to be single with no kids 8) props to the parents in here who still have funds to get them and their kids laced up proper.

bro, go and ahead and treat yourself!

Oakland, CA

overall it was 65g x $69/g (gold+labor). they charged me $4450. i haven't even filed yet, but good bye tax refund + stimmy ...to be single with no kids 8) props to the parents in here who still have funds to get them and their kids laced up proper.

bro, go and ahead and treat yourself!
May need to get that pendant first. Get yourself a ring and bracelet :pimp:
634E808A-0E01-452F-A0FB-8B853832A239.jpeg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710 2.JPG

hit ya boy with the coordinates 👀

Got my mini pendant. It's cool, will do just fine as a daily. Sorry for the pic quality, I tried.

Here's the baby set up until I make 6 figures.
84985B8F-D6F3-4209-BFD5-F9B1DAFFF1B4.jpeg

94AE983E-15C9-43E0-BEC0-93FF054E41C5.jpeg

F332CB13-FD41-4832-B600-2E41E05FBD49.jpeg

looks pretty dope imo...i was debating on this one, glad i didnt cop it tho since i want it just a lil bit bigger than how it looks, the small woulda been the one for me

moe200069 moe200069 freshpairs freshpairs how does 24k hold up for daily wear?

I agree with what fresh said in his prior post, 24k is going to hold up well day to day. I've worn my first chain daily since I got it back in november 2020. granted, that's barely 6 months time, i've probably run and sweat for about 600-700 miles since putting it on and the integrity seems fine. bail is still tough as hell to adjust.

the jeweler today did say that i might not want to run with this new piece. he said the connection between each link isn't as strong compared to other chain styles. so if you're not running a lot, you should be fine with most set ups.

hit ya boy with the coordinates 👀

Kim Tin Jewlery
If ya back in the bay, you can hollar at them: (510) 832-3688

lady there is hella responsive. something tells me that if i spoke vietnamese, i could've gotten an even better price :lol:

Back
Top Bottom