**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

how do you wanna make it bigger? Wider?
bigger to fit a 10mm chain
not a jeweler nor did I ever have this done but I think they would just cut it all the way thru, heat it, stretch it & solder another piece of gold to make it larger. stones would complicate or limit this, I think.
makes sense
I've seen jewelers cut the top of the bail or make it rounded out to accommodate a bigger chain, which is what was done on ninja's piece. Other ones cut the back of the bail and replace it with a locking mechanism so you can open the bail from the back so you can put a chain on instead of sliding it through the bail.

Regardless, it's going to be tough if you have diamonds and you might need to get it replaced with a bigger bail altogether
you just reminded me he had this done. basically want to do exactly how he had his done. he didnt have stones in his bail though.

Getting a two tone bracelet made(yellow/white) but rocking this in the mean time
5C6D827E-057F-4E34-9852-E1774782EAF5.jpeg

Anyone purchase a Miami Cuban from C4G based out on Miami? Looking for some reviews they have some deals for the week

My 16yr old wants a chain but I'm kinda hesitant. Not sure if he's responsible enough yet (he gets great grades and has zero trouble issues so far though) and I don't want to make him a target to get robbed. He's not street smart at all.

If I did get one, what would yall recommend as a good, basic starter chain? He prefers a rope over a Cuban.

My 16yr old wants a chain but I'm kinda hesitant. Not sure if he's responsible enough yet (he gets great grades and has zero trouble issues so far though) and I don't want to make him a target to get robbed. He's not street smart at all.

If I did get one, what would yall recommend as a good, basic starter chain? He prefers a rope over a Cuban.

id get him a relatively cheap chain and see how he does with it (responsibility-wise) maybe like a 3-4mm 10K rope to start and if he does well with maintaining it and keeping it nice, upgrade him in the next couple years or so

gold over silver, until you feel comfortable.

My son's rope is something I got in Bahrain when I was stationed out there.

I'm still good with the jeweler out there so if he loses it, I can get him another one.

He is only 5 so he will wear it in places where I'm around. I wouldn't trust him with it until he is much older.

Just get him a nice rope. He will be considered an adult in 2 years. Just went through the same with my son. Book smart not street smart so I/we both did something right in that aspect. I got my son a rope and a micro Jesus piece so far so good he graduates next year lol

Back
Top Bottom