**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

My friend Greg was the part owner of jimmy choo back in 04, now this dude has a serious watch collection and all he buys is vintage rolex. Its crazy ill take pics of his watches and get pics of cams watch also.
lol im still waiting for my boy to get pics of that jacob, Unles someones really interested in buying it Il set omething up where you can gothrough my boy in harlem to meet cam if your serious about copping it.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

Eh, you'll also notice than plenty of rich and powerful people don't give two %!#%* about conveying a certain image through their material posessions either.
thats what I was goin off of btw, Joe Cam, but also warren buffet lives modestly for a billionaire. few millionaires could live his lifestyle annually.

I agree.

But I didn't say they don't spend their money, I said they don't care about "conveying a certain image through their materialposessions." That's essentially what an expensive watch does. There's a difference between that and a jet, which, while an extravagant purchase,has an actual purpose for someone like Buffet. A watch's purpose is to tell time....you don't need a Patek to do that.

Of course there's nothing wrong with buying one. I'd never wear a Timex myself.

I am a watch and car guy. My boss is paid up and has a ridiculous watch collection. I have seen him wear 10 different patek's myself. The funny part aboutit, is if your not a watch head you would have no idea because they are so plain looking. I myself don't like them at all, and on the other hand he doesnot like my breitling evolution lol. We were joking recently that if he put his watch on the table and I put mine next to it, almost everyone at work wouldpick my watch even though his watch is literally 10x the cost.

As for the living normal replies, normal is different for different people. Yes Warren Buffet lives semi low class for the amount of cheese he has. He stillhas the same house he lived in since the 70's and his driveway has cracks in it. But I am willing to bet he has a painting hanging on one of those wallsthat can buy all of our houses in 1 easy swoop lol.

gwatches.jpg

Originally Posted by meth68

I am a watch and car guy. My boss is paid up and has a ridiculous watch collection. I have seen him wear 10 different patek's myself. The funny part about it, is if your not a watch head you would have no idea because they are so plain looking. I myself don't like them at all, and on the other hand he does not like my breitling evolution lol. We were joking recently that if he put his watch on the table and I put mine next to it, almost everyone at work would pick my watch even though his watch is literally 10x the cost.

As for the living normal replies, normal is different for different people. Yes Warren Buffet lives semi low class for the amount of cheese he has. He still has the same house he lived in since the 70's and his driveway has cracks in it. But I am willing to bet he has a painting hanging on one of those walls that can buy all of our houses in 1 easy swoop lol.
even if that painting had a stain on it, it could buy up half the hood
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

My boss is paid up and has a ridiculous watch collection. I have seen him wear 10 different patek's myself. The funny part about it, is if your not a watch head you would have no idea because they are so plain looking.
so true
pimp.gif

I know your not trying to tell me Buffet does't pick up art? He does trust me he does. The man cares about 1 thing and thats investing, one of the bestinvestments is art for the ultra rich not jewelry or cars. I will bet my arms on it this dude got some serious heat art wise, you know that stuff we would lookat and say "damn that looks ugly" meanwhile it's worth a city block
smile.gif

Damn cats want Obama to be the President of America and be fashionable too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whats next you don't want him wearing Brooks Brothers suits but some suits made by Tom Ford.

I like brooks brothers suits, Im cool with Obama rockin BB. We just got to get him to step his watch game up thats all. How about a nice hublot big bang, plainand simple
wink.gif

ya'll trippin bout obama's watch.

HE DONT EVEN NEED A WATCH!

what joe biden & hilary clinton gonna say if he walk in 20 min late?
he gonna pause the whole room and just look them dead in the eye and say "Im Obama" then press play on the rest of the room.

and that watch prolly shot a 19terrawatt lazer that can cut thru superman.

and 1 thing about "stylish upper class watches" i.e. pateks and the such...

those pateks and frank mullers etc etc = rappers stupid iced out watches.

its the exact same level of flossin...just in a different world.

if you see a cat with a french cuff showin off his factory diamond rolex master piece its the exact same as a cat with his sleeves rolled up to show off his 22karat brietling. duh.

the big difference is a real timepiece will hold its value or go up in value in some cases as opposed to a full diamond watch, which certainly wont holdits value even if its a good watch....theres plenty of big watch collectors who can make a nice appreciation on their collection, AFTER theyve worn them foryears, ask lax.... its almost like a piece of art if you have the right watch..

my boy showed me this... BK version of Nas QB piece lol...
flash.jpg

Originally Posted by Rjwco

My friend Greg was the part owner of jimmy choo back in 04, now this dude has a serious watch collection and all he buys is vintage rolex. Its crazy ill take pics of his watches and get pics of cams watch also.
lol im still waiting for my boy to get pics of that jacob, Unles someones really interested in buying it Il set omething up where you can go through my boy in harlem to meet cam if your serious about copping it.

eek.gif
eek.gif
every NTer's dream, No *@%%

I have to give that BK Plate....THE SUPER THUMBS DOWN !!!!

Now NLV's 12 MM Franco Chain on the REAL QB PIECE(Also used by Nas in a video) !!!
TRUE STORY !!!
2ligbpt.jpg

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

the big difference is a real timepiece will hold its value or go up in value in some cases as opposed to a full diamond watch, which certainly wont hold its value even if its a good watch....theres plenty of big watch collectors who can make a nice appreciation on their collection, AFTER theyve worn them for years, ask lax.... its almost like a piece of art if you have the right watch..

my boy showed me this... BK version of Nas QB piece lol...
flash.jpg

now you're 200% right... but seriously. they're not selling them watches.

Originally Posted by meth68

I know your not trying to tell me Buffet does't pick up art? He does trust me he does. The man cares about 1 thing and thats investing, one of the best investments is art for the ultra rich not jewelry or cars. I will bet my arms on it this dude got some serious heat art wise, you know that stuff we would look at and say "damn that looks ugly" meanwhile it's worth a city block
smile.gif
He is not an art collector/"investor," and if he was I guarantee he wouldn't leave $100 million Picassos hanging up on his wallsanyway.

Back to the thread.

fjouvenot.jpg

[h2]Frederic Jouvenot ChronographeEvolution I[/h2]
favre-leuba-bathy-v2.jpg

[h2]Favre-Leuba BathyV2 Diving Watch[/h2]
maurice-lacroix-masterpiece-tourbillon-r%C3%A9trograde-watch.jpg

maurice-lacroix-masterpiece-tourbillon-r%C3%A9trograde-watch-movement.jpg

[h2]Maurice LacroixMasterpiece Tourbillon Rétrograde Watch[/h2]
richard-mille-rm025-tourbillon-.jpg

[h2]Richard Mille RM025 Tourbillon Chronograph Diver's Watch[/h2]
327.jpg

325.jpg

265.jpg

antiqrolexdec.jpg

rolexhodink.jpg

rolexchrnovop.jpg

rolexchrgatchrnov.jpg

rlxsubs7161.jpg

dayts7161.jpg

[h2]VintageRolexes[/h2]
bamrolex2.jpg

bamsub.jpg

gmtmasteriicutout.jpg

submariner.jpg

[h2]Bamford & SonsRolexes[/h2]
panerailumintourbtitan.jpg

1207058586968_pam306-fond.jpg

[h2]Panerai Luminor 1950 TitaniumTourbillon GMT[/h2]
audemarschanel3.jpg

[h2]Chanel and Audemars Piguet J12Watch[/h2]

those pateks and frank mullers etc etc = rappers stupid iced out watches.

its the exact same level of flossin...just in a different world.

if you see a cat with a french cuff showin off his factory diamond rolex master piece its the exact same as a cat with his sleeves rolled up to show off his 22 karat brietling. duh.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

they dont hold the same resale value though

I understand what you are saying to a 20k$ patek vs. a 20k$ iced out breitling

Your going to lose way more on the breitling any day of the week guarenteed while the patek you wont lose much or better yet the longer you keep it you wontlose anything if you bought it right

Your diamonds are worth more then your watch and no one is going to pay what you paid

Oh yea that submariner non date with the nato strap and fat hands is nice! looks like pointed crown guards too.

Nas did hold down NLV's chain for a 36 hour period. lol. thats kinda weird in way but your NLV plaque shared history with the QB piece. I wish they madethem franco's like that still.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

no ones saying he should have an iced out watch, even a nice plain breitling would be considered low class for him

also as you get older and more into the business world and dealing with people with power and such, you will notice that those types of people take huge pride in timepieces movements
Eh, you'll also notice than plenty of rich and powerful people don't give two %!#%* about conveying a certain image through their material posessions either. I've met people worth 9 figures + who wear cheap a cheap Timex-type "timepiece."
No doubt. That flashy showy stuff is really for people in a lower income bracket. People at the top spend their money on property and other thingsthat appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom