**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Okay.

Another question...

All these rappers buying gold and diamonds...

Is that a type of investment?

Sort of like wearing myb 401k ...?

What I'm most curious about in the jewelry game is why jewelers are so secretive about their prices.  Jewelry is basically the only product where there is not full transparency on price.  This makes it really bad for consumers.  Jewelry is one of the few things its easy to get ****** on.  Every jeweler i've been to had price tags that are 3x what they would actually sell it for and then they say they can give it to you for half off or 75%.  I feel like it insults my intelligence when they do that.  And it makes you have to shop from place to place to know if you getting a good value instead of just being able to trust the sellers.  I'm not hating, I know why its good for the jewelers but its sooo bad for the buyers, its like buying a car pre the internet.  If there is any jeweler that has their best no more bargaining price on their site, I'd go to them for everything.  All the jewelers here are cool though, keep doing your thing.

Okay.

Another question...

All these rappers buying gold and diamonds...

Is that a type of investment?

Sort of like wearing myb 401k ...?
It would be bad even if it was a good investment.  Imagine someone being able to just take your 401k by lifting it off your neck.  Only people i'd let rob my savings is the government.

Jewelry isn't an investment, but at least it lasts forever though. You can't say that about too many things.

You aren't passing down a Benz or some Jordan's to your kids.

What I'm most curious about in the jewelry game is why jewelers are so secretive about their prices.  Jewelry is basically the only product where there is not full transparency on price.  This makes it really bad for consumers.  Jewelry is one of the few things its easy to get ****** on.  Every jeweler i've been to had price tags that are 3x what they would actually sell it for and then they say they can give it to you for half off or 75%.  I feel like it insults my intelligence when they do that.  And it makes you have to shop from place to place to know if you getting a good value instead of just being able to trust the sellers.  I'm not hating, I know why its good for the jewelers but its sooo bad for the buyers, its like buying a car pre the internet.  If there is any jeweler that has their best no more bargaining price on their site, I'd go to them for everything.  All the jewelers here are cool though, keep doing your thing.
It's because they give different prices to different people. They size you up and see if they can rip you off or not. If they advertise too low then they are missing out on the people that enjoy being ripped off, if they advertise too high than they are turning away business from people who know a couple few things about jewelry.

It's because they give different prices to different people. They size you up and see if they can rip you off or not. If they advertise too low then they are missing out on the people that enjoy being ripped off, if they advertise too high than they are turning away business from people who know a couple few things about jewelry.
That use to be how all businesses were, but I'm surprised jewelry is still the same.  We can change the world NT!!!! #Stickerprice

To add to your point i hate when people say if you have to ask you cant afford it. Thats the dumbest thing ever. As an educated shopper shouldnt you price check and make sure you are getting the most for your money?

Like lax and his #howmuch

To add to your point i hate when people say if you have to ask you cant afford it. Thats the dumbest thing ever. As an educated shopper shouldnt you price check and make sure you are getting the most for your money?

It's the way you ask. If you're serious about making a purchase, you'll contact whomever directly and not post it on an Internet forum or leave a comment on his pictures so the world may see. Give him a call/email/text find out your price and take it from there.

You can be the most educated buyer on the planet, if he doesn't want to sell it to you for the price you're lookin to spend, you won't get it. Period.

Trust me i understand that but some jewlers egos are outta this world. I havent requested a price from anyone personally but if i were looking i deff wouldnt go to certian jewlers just off of their online persona

can't you become a broker and get into the jewelry game that way? link with a jeweler and bring him some clientele? isn't that what lax does? 

wheres the dude that got a fake AP from lax... I want to here what he has to say about this debacle. 

always said lax was lame. this **** will never happen to flawless or ben baller. same with golden sun and ice box. you can't fake the phunk. 

That's why I'm thankful for this thread. When it came time to buy my setup i just asked a lot of questions in here n read thru all the trends from the jewelers that post in here about what I should be paying per gram. Granted it's not fool proof and the prices fluctuate, I'm glad I had a place I could look at what people were paying and what jewelers were charging.

I need to get right n holla at icebox or goldensun soon tho lol

can't you become a broker and get into the jewelry game that way? link with a jeweler and bring him some clientele? isn't that what lax does? 

wheres the dude that got a fake AP from lax... I want to here what he has to say about this debacle. 

always said lax was lame. this **** will never happen to flawless or ben baller. same with golden sun and ice box. you can't fake the phunk. 

That's really how Ben got started too I mean he made an financial investment whit his cuz and definitely went and learned the trade but ben is a hustler more than anything. It's funny watching this play out damn near 10 years later lax been flipping rolex watches for 10+ years the fake roc chain

pretty much also the jewelry business is very tight every jeweler respects the other one way or the other its not like some one will jus come out da blue with maaad cheap prices versus every one else

pretty much also the jewelry business is very tight every jeweler respects the other one way or the other its not like some one will jus come out da blue with maaad cheap prices versus every one else
That diamondcity guy had some stuff that looked pretty decent that was way cheaper than everyone else.  Shame it seems like he doesn't have much inventory.

Trust me i understand that but some jewlers egos are outta this world. I havent requested a price from anyone personally but if i were looking i deff wouldnt go to certian jewlers just off of their online persona
Jewellers are the new rappers. It's only a matter of time before we get a corny jewler to try and drop a mix tape. 

Jewellers are the new rappers. It's only a matter of time before we get a corny jewler to try and drop a mix tape. 
roll.gif

The thing is 99% of the people out there really have no idea. When I post an item that cost $50k for example they ask me how much it is and when they find out they say they want the same thing but only want to spend $1,500... this is most of my daily email intake. I sort through a lot of it and respond but I'm lucky to have 1 serious person out of 100 that email me.

Last edited:

:rofl:

The thing is 99% of the people out there really have no idea. When I post an item that cost $50k for example they ask me how much it is and when they find out they say they want the same thing but only want to spend $1,500... this is most of my daily email intake. I sort through a lot of it and respond but I'm lucky to have 1 serious person out of 100 that email me.

But if jewelers posted the price they would only get serious emails.

I understand that someone will pay more than you are willing to take but i feel like its such a waste of time for everyone.

But if rapper A wants to pay 10k for something worth 5k then I cant knock the hustle. Go and get your money

Jewelry isn't an investment, but at least it lasts forever though. You can't say that about too many things.

You aren't passing down a Benz or some Jordan's to your kids.
Jewelry is an investment if you buy it right.  I buy nothing but 18k/22k and wont pay any more than 5% over scrap.

I primarily buy out of pawnshops because thats where the best deals are to be found (negotiated).

Once something has sat on the shelf for months and you've come in asking multiple times, you can generally get them down to your range considering they only pay a percentage of scrap for any jewelry that is pawned.

-I got my baht chain for 27 dollars a gram.  At that point 22k gold was  over 34 a gram.  

-I got the 1 oz Kruggerand on bezel for $1120, well under the $1240 they go for

Cash is king.  Make and offer and put the cash on the table.  Guaranteed if your anywhere near what it cost them to buy it.....old inventory is getting sold.  

But if jewelers posted the price they would only get serious emails.

I understand that someone will pay more than you are willing to take but i feel like its such a waste of time for everyone.

But if rapper A wants to pay 10k for something worth 5k then I cant knock the hustle. Go and get your money
Annoying, yes, but I folllow several jewelers on instagram and you see 100's of people asking how much and whats the ticket on some posts. 

I despise window shoppers.  

That's not the reason at all. Maybe in NYC or LA you'll get that type of stuff but most places aren't like that.

Annoying, yes, but I folllow several jewelers on instagram and you see 100's of people asking how much and whats the ticket on some posts. 

I despise window shoppers.  
I window shop... at the Ferrari dealer. Then I go home and cry myself to sleep.

Hey does anyone know if this is still a catalog piece or whatever that is available easily enough?  I saw a couple of these on fleabay in the past 5 years or so.  One was like 47 grams, the other weighed like half that and looked all sharp on the edges.

Back
Top Bottom