**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

finally got a chance to pick up my bracelet today from mr flawless, it weighs 44 grams and ended up paying 1500
Nice pick up but not a fan of anyones links after owning one of reys.
Rey's work is A1 but i actually prefer this style of cuban with longer links and a little space between each link. The "traditional" miami cubans are too tight and they look like one solid piece of chain. I like to be able to see through the space between each link. Just personal preference i guess. 

Rey's work is A1 but i actually prefer this style of cuban with longer links and a little space between each link. The "traditional" miami cubans are too tight and they look like one solid piece of chain. I like to be able to see through the space between each link. Just personal preference i guess. 
100% agree about the links, but yea to each their own 

These ropes look all worn out the margins are huge
Guaranteed this is the same chain it's just the lighting. Icebox's pic looks kind of dull almost like a drawing. It's good if you want to see the details but bad if you want the piece to pop/shine. Depending which way you twist them rope chains can look tight or loose with gaps in between. Really old rope chains look like doo doo.

Anyone here buy and sell scrap gold? 

Was randomly googling it the other day read from a bunch of places that it could be lucrative

Was randomly googling it the other day read from a bunch of places that it could be lucrative

Years ago I used to do it all the time on eBay, now days it seems all bids end well over scrap value :lol:

Last edited:

Sounds like a hassle. If you do it i would say just do it online like ebay because local scrap gold buyers on craigslist are straight vultures. If you're selling gold for $1000 they will offer you $150. That's when you except their offer and set up a place to meet and don't show up.

Could be the filter used in the icebox pic but man look at the white gold one that looks like the worst worn out old rope you'd see on ebay or pawnshop

Goldensuns ropes always look real tight and very much diamond cut style. I think there are a few different constructions of ropes--a lot of diamond cuts have fewer margins than the non-diamond cut style, then some seem in between regular and diamond cut

I've seen non-diamond cut called "French rope"

I came across the patent online for the "silk rope" which is a really common one you see on ebay. It's the one with the little diamond built into the link next to the clasp. Apparently the real old school ropes required more gold and the silk rope revolutionized it. I came across a real old school pure rope once and it weighed more than you would think based on the mm

I love ropes but the loose margins drive me crazy. They need to have a little play but when the gaps are big they just look worn out

I agree with you on the Cubans sometimes though, I like reys and daniels tightness but I liked the one dude posted a few back that he got from wherever it was too. A little spacing on a cuban doesn't hurt. I like the square Cubans too only seen them on sarraf and the price is jacked up for some reason
Ya those gaps bug me too lol you probably have ocd like me. I think diamond cut rope chains look way better than regular ones. The hollow ones are useless. As those ropes get older though they get dirt on the inside of those gaps and it makes them look like crap. People always say they are one of the strongest chains but that can't be true cause they are only held on by 1 or 2 wires on each link.

Sarrafs site is messed up. Some stuff is a decent price and some is middle of the mall prices. He does have a good selection though.

Last edited:
So I'm looking at a 14k 1/20oz Panda coin .999 fine gold
What's a good bid price
I don't want to go over
It comes with a rope bezel

Last edited:
So I'm looking at a 14k 1/20oz Panda coin .999 fine gold
What's a good bid price
I don't want to go over
It comes with a rope bezel
Depends on the weight of the rope bezel. You do know that those coins are smaller than a dime right? The coin itself only weighs like 1.5 grams so by itself it should be worth around 80 - 90. Whats the link ?

Depends on the weight of the rope bezel. You do know that those coins are smaller than a dime right? The coin itself only weighs like 1.5 grams so by itself it should be worth around 80 - 90. Whats the link ?
Yeah I know the size
I'm not into huge pieces just something casual to put on not over doing it

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1993-Chinese-...old-Pendant-/351575020189?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE
$120 is very good . Anything under $140 is pretty much a good deal. 

Back
Top Bottom