**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Bored at work watching this nice lil breakdown of how worthless diamonds truly are, and how hollywood propaganda made Americans fall in love wit em (myself included of course😆)

Well done video. This is why lab diamond make me so upset because with the large amount of diamond in the world I don't think they are necessary. I mean most people are not looking for a flawless diamond.

I also wonder will diamond prices change at all with so many young people not even into diamonds. My daughter(21) wants her engagement ring to be opal. Her friends prefer garnets and other stones. A lot of younger people are not doing the super traditional thing. Even my wife decided on getting a morganite stone instead of a traditional diamond. Between traditions changing and the growth of lab diamonds I am wondering how much longer they will have a hold on the diamond industry.🤔

My Diamond tester says the diamonds are legit at least, but I’m heading out to my jeweler right now to see wassup, and to get that Diamond replaced

Attachments

• A886D6B3-2BB3-4D0F-AF9A-A297EC769DE5.jpeg
    A886D6B3-2BB3-4D0F-AF9A-A297EC769DE5.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 234
Good LORD I forgot how much I hate dealing with jewelers. The one I went to that was closer to me had originally thought it was fake, but after he took it in the back and came back out 15 minutes later he said he’s “pretty much positive” it’s real. I mean, I look at it and think the same. But that don’t make it the truth😆 idk, I don’t trust em. Should I just grab the acid test and go that route?

that dude173 that dude173 by the, if you don't mind sharing, how did they structure pricing at Ta Jewelers? I'm in Nor Cal and have been thinking about reaching out to them for a custom pendant.

Did they charge per gram + labor fees? I've never had jewelry custom made so I'm not sure what standard operating procedure is

Good LORD I forgot how much I hate dealing with jewelers. The one I went to that was closer to me had originally thought it was fake, but after he took it in the back and came back out 15 minutes later he said he’s “pretty much positive” it’s real. I mean, I look at it and think the same. But that don’t make it the truth😆 idk, I don’t trust em. Should I just grab the acid test and go that route?

I would acid test or x ray and get the diamonds checked with a loop and top grade diamond tester. If not that crazy machine that some of the guys on here use.

Yeah I think I got a steal bruh 😁 I took it to this place called “diamond cutters of W.N.Y”which, btw. They have BEAUTIFUL jewelry. I’ll take some pics when I go back to pick up my piece. A few of them working there confirmed it to be real gold, and I seen the guy I originally handed it to, using the loupe checkin it out. Later in the conversation when I mentioned that they should be VS2 stones, he said “yeah those stones are beautiful”. And this is coming from a place that cuts their own diamonds. So I feel a lot better about the purchase now. I left the pendant wit them so they can replace that stone. Should get it back by the end of the week, I’ll post more pics when it’s all done. On a side note, dude came out from the back to show me a custom cross, looked like the old 50 cent joint, y’all know the one I’m talkin about. All VS stones, joint was BEAUTIFUL. So to the homie who asked me last week in this thread, yeah. Buffalo got some good jewelry spots that can do some GREAT custom work. I guess I just had to look harder😆 still gonna buy that acid test and make sure tho😭
I feel like you got a a steal even if its lab diamonds that's a steal. True lab diamonds still cost good $. I think you just gat a W

was in chinatown yesterday and decided on window shopping and came across this chain:

3DF3B575-7795-419E-86D9-044CE5C2CCF4.jpeg

anyone know what style of chain that is? i’ve never seen it before. woman at the shop said it’s from hong kong and that they rarely get them here in the states. the bail had two dragon heads. joint was saucy but she was TAAAAAAXING on the price.

it was 24k but she was charging $64/gram + labor was another $15/gram.

$79/gram just seemed a bit too much for me, especially when gold’s price is pretty low currently. i understand that jewelers don’t adjust pricing day to day according to international prices of gold but still, that sticker shock hit me.

Last edited:
was in chinatown yesterday and decided on window shopping and came across this chain:

anyone know what style of chain that is? i’ve never seen it before. woman at the shop said it’s from hong kong and that they rarely get them here in the states. the bail had two dragon heads. joint was saucy but she was TAAAAAAXING on the price.

$79/gram just seemed a bit too much for me, especially when gold’s price is pretty low currently. i understand that jewelers don’t adjust pricing day to day according to international prices of gold but still, that sticker shock hit me.
Chinatown in sf? Did you go to kim dahn? $15 a gram for labor isn’t bad but not on top of $64 when spot is $55

Definitely gonna acid test it myself. The second jeweler gave it the loupe test,without me asking. Then basically confirmed when I told him that they’re supposedly VS2 G color. His response was simply, “yeah, those stones are beautiful”where can I get X-ray testing done?
I would acid test or x ray and get the diamonds checked with a loop and top grade diamond tester. If not that crazy machine that some of the guys on here use.

Dawg, that’s what I was thinkin🤔 does the setting of the diamonds make it any harder or longer to work on? Cause the first place (dude was an idiot) said he wouldn’t even try, and that it was an impossible setting to fix a stone in 🤡 😭QUOTE="frank mucus, post: 34196288, member: 37416"]
They should've been able to replace that diamond on the spot.
[/QUOTE]

Dawg, that’s what I was thinkin🤔 does the setting of the diamonds make it any harder or longer to work on? Cause the first place (dude was an idiot) said he wouldn’t even try, and that it was an impossible setting to fix a stone in 🤡 😭QUOTE="frank mucus, post: 34196288, member: 37416"]
They should've been able to replace that diamond on the spot.
[/QUOTE]

They should be able to do it.

I was in a situation and I had my chain in my pocket and while running away from the police a diamond popped out. The following day I took it to some local hood spot and they put the diamond back in less than 5 minutes. The diamond was upside down though so I just mailed it back to Icebox and they shipped it next day air cause they took the diamond out and put it back correctly.

That chain style is dope as hell

The fact homie put it in upside down is genuinely HILARIOUS. SEE, that’s my problem. I’m dealing with the uppity whites. How much did you have to pay em for the stone and labor?

I was in a situation and I had my chain in my pocket and while running away from the police a diamond popped out. The following day I took it to some local hood spot and they put the diamond back in less than 5 minutes. The diamond was upside down though so I just mailed it back to Icebox and they shipped it next day air cause they took the diamond out and put it back correctly.
[/QUOTE]

that's real nice looking

$5 to put the diamond back. I still had the diamond in my pocket.

You said that place cuts there own diamonds so they should have some spare and be able to fix it for you.

[/QUOTE]

Man fank what you into man 😆 🤣 😂 . My dude said when I was running from jakes 👮‍♀️ 👮‍♂️ 🚨 lol omg I'm dieing.

The fact homie put it in upside down is genuinely HILARIOUS. SEE, that’s my problem. I’m dealing with the uppity whites. How much did you have to pay em for the stone and labor?
[/QUOTE]

I ant going to lie sometimes the uppity whites do they 💩 right. But that is a long time line I would see if you could speed them up a little. Thats were I went for my sons coustom pendent. Hood jewlers were all $3000 and $2500. And thats with one diamond. The anglo saxon jeweler said $1150 and broke down what each piece would cost. So I went with him. Locked in my gold price with no down payment(I was like what!!) Got the Design approved last week. Would have been done but I involve my wife so that made it last a whole extra 3 weeks 🤦🏽🤷🏾‍♂️

And shouts out to GeorgeGetsItDone GeorgeGetsItDone he had a good price and always kept it 💯

Back
Top Bottom