**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Alright

So the first purchase I made was for a 20in 18k Dragon Scale Necklace. Pics are in here. This was my first jewelry purchase ever and I rushed into the purchase. When I got the necklace It was not what I expected. (I think I even reached out to see if a few NT’ers were interested through DM)
The Craftsman ship was excellent but it just wasn’t soemthing I could see myself holding on for $10k. I reached out to him and let him know it just wasn’t my style and I would be willing to offer him $1k to take it back for his time and inconvenience. We shook hands on that and I let him know once I found something I would reach back out.

- Even in this experience there was a general lack of communication initially and it was me being proactive to acquire the item. He was supposed to call me back to back days which he didn’t. I was put off by this but I chalked it to the game and him being busy. Fast forward.

About 3-4 weeks later, I know what I want. I reach out to him multiple times through text and call with no response. Being new to the game, and honestly
not knowing where else to get what I wanted, I kept trying to get in contact with him. I finally call the physical store where I get a hold of him and he’s giving me a slight attitude as If I’ve been wasting his time and didn’t have the funds or something. I’m not sure how money came up as an issue. All of our transactions happened instantly and like I said I gave him $1k for the inconvenience. It was to the point I thought he had me confused for someone else. It was at this point I should have honestly stopped doing business with him. Lesson learned. We talked later and he showed me he had a lot of flakers. I shared my sympathy and explained to him I wasn’t here to waste either of our time. I thought that was evident in how I conducted myself. ( I don’t think a customer should have to go through these lengths to offer someone car money)

I tell him the necklace and pendant I want. The pendant takes a few weeks to make and he’ll ship that and the necklace out together. I tell him no prob. During the process of making the pendant I ask for pics of the necklace which he never sent. When the pendant is finally done he sends me the pics of the necklaces he has irrespective of what I asked for. I told him specifically the necklace I wanted. After two days of searching he doesn’t have what I am looking for. During these 48 hours he was responding to me at the end of the day and giving me barely 2 minutes of talk time. A word for the wise for anyone who decides to deal with him, pay attention when he starts talking fast. It’s usually smoke coming after. He finally finds the necklace I am looking for but it is not the size I wanted. I told him if I wasn’t happy with it I would send it back.
While the pendant is being made, I also decide I want to get a ring made as well. An example of him not keeping the expectation he set forth :

D6F08E46-4A03-4AD2-AB4B-6202435532FA.jpeg

This was the following Tuesday after he said give until Monday. I honestly was okay with waiting if he just simply would have said, I’m busy and backed up. Here’s a realistic expectation.

143DA1D3-C9DD-48E5-86B0-C47AB312FA56.jpeg

I was in the process of moving to another country and there was some time sensitive decisions I had to make and this point things were starting to become an inconvenience.
This is me reaching out to him 9 days after the original rendering and not having heard anything back. I will give him credit and acknowledge he said he was hustling to get things done to help with my travels. At this point the deadline I had in place had came and went and I just told him to take his time and make sure it’a done right.
6464BAE8-FA6F-4B91-8E9B-C8CE2AA56902.png

I honestly wasn’t tripping off this happening but I wanted to share my full experience

78CB99DF-8E83-4895-AD5B-B1CAF4F6AF8B.jpeg

The ring not coming out right the first time was what ever. Stuff happens. I want to iterate more often then not during this process it was me reaching out to see what was going on. Also, I shipped my necklace back because I was not happy with the size. I told him that from the jump was going to happen because it was not what I wanted. I was willing to try it off the strength of his encouragement and the fact he said it would take 6-8 weeks to creat the one I wanted. As i mentioned I live out of the country now and I did not want to leave any loose ends. I said I would be willing to look at other options if he could send me pictures. For some reason he found it hard to understand that someone was unwilling to spend $5k on something that they had barely seen. I asked for pics numerous times which he blew off. When he finally finished the ring, he asked what necklace I wanted to go with

- Just another point. I asked for the appraisal numerous times.
37CCD53A-6F6C-43C3-98E5-D7B555098EFD.jpeg

This was 2.5 weeks later when I almost to open another application for a policy because of how long he took. For the sake of brevity I am going to speed up to the end.

E6630194-F97A-45E9-8812-E0E98E0523ED.png

His response :

41F61439-3F36-4135-976E-823A8886104E.png

He never sent the pics of the nugget necklace and I ultimately decided to wait on the 24k gold rope.
Posting this for later.

6755D199-1865-4739-B079-174B04221AE7.jpeg

The following texts are pretty self explanatory
DDDC15FA-41C3-484E-AA7C-941D90921977.jpeg

02D7BA1D-BCF5-40AD-8573-46127F63FE19.png
I had a similar experience with the pops. Dude was SUPER cool before I handed over any money; everything changed after that. No response once cash was handed over, hard to get a hold of anyone. I still think they do really good work, I might have just caught them during the wrong time.

I did reach out to one of the sons for the same item recently. to see if I would have a better experience. 2 years ago I was quoted $2,700. I'm now being quoted $5,500 for the same request. It looks like prices have gone up, and I don't feel like haggling so I passed.

I had a similar experience with the pops. Dude was SUPER cool before I handed over any money; everything changed after that. No response once cash was handed over, hard to get a hold of anyone. I still think they do really good work, I might have just caught them during the wrong time.

I did reach out to one of the sons for the same item recently. to see if I would have a better experience. 2 years ago I was quoted $2,700. I'm now being quoted $5,500 for the same request. It looks like prices have gone up, and I don't feel like haggling so I passed.

Leave em be. There’s no amount of quality that is worthy of that type of treatment.

When dealing with jewelers its always a waiting game if they don’t have the item in stock of course it takes time to make whatever jewelry you’re expecting
however how they make a lot of money upfront is by doing custom work taking your money and making you wait
until someone more important comes along and your work that you already paid in Full for gets shifted back

Ta jewelers makes beautiful 24k gold jewelry probably the best 24 k gold in the US but your money is only holding these jewelers over and the customer is only holding his balls in his hand

let this be a lesson to anyone buying jewelry online or by mail order
This doesn’t happen to everybody but if your spending on a big ticket item and if you have to wait for a big ticket item being made and you get an attitude from the business because you don’t like the work it’s not worth the hassle

as I said before buy from your local jeweler or take a trip to a major jewelry district in a big city if possible
I believe you won’t have any of the problems that you mentioned

Last edited:
When dealing with jewelers is always a waiting game if they don’t have the item in stock of course it takes time to make whatever jewelry you’re expecting
how they make a lot of money upfront is by doing custom work taking your money and making you wait
until someone more important comes along and your work that you already paid in Full for gets shifted back

they make beautiful 24k gold jewelry probably the best in the US but your money is only holding these jewelers over and the customer is only holding his balls in his hand

let this be a lesson to anyone buying jewelry online or by mail order
This doesn’t happen to everybody but if your spending on a big ticket items and if you have to wait for a big ticket items being and get an attitude from the business because you don’t like the world it’s not worth the hassle

as I said before buy from your local jeweler or take a trip to a major jewelry district in a big city if possible
I believe you won’t have any of the problems that you mentioned

Definitely. It was a learning lesson on multiple levels. I should have been willing to be patient. I just wanted to floss overseas. Pride is the devil.

Alright

So the first purchase I made was for a 20in 18k Dragon Scale Necklace. Pics are in here. This was my first jewelry purchase ever and I rushed into the purchase. When I got the necklace It was not what I expected. (I think I even reached out to see if a few NT’ers were interested through DM)
The Craftsman ship was excellent but it just wasn’t soemthing I could see myself holding on for $10k. I reached out to him and let him know it just wasn’t my style and I would be willing to offer him $1k to take it back for his time and inconvenience. We shook hands on that and I let him know once I found something I would reach back out.

- Even in this experience there was a general lack of communication initially and it was me being proactive to acquire the item. He was supposed to call me back to back days which he didn’t. I was put off by this but I chalked it to the game and him being busy. Fast forward.

About 3-4 weeks later, I know what I want. I reach out to him multiple times through text and call with no response. Being new to the game, and honestly
not knowing where else to get what I wanted, I kept trying to get in contact with him. I finally call the physical store where I get a hold of him and he’s giving me a slight attitude as If I’ve been wasting his time and didn’t have the funds or something. I’m not sure how money came up as an issue. All of our transactions happened instantly and like I said I gave him $1k for the inconvenience. It was to the point I thought he had me confused for someone else. It was at this point I should have honestly stopped doing business with him. Lesson learned. We talked later and he showed me he had a lot of flakers. I shared my sympathy and explained to him I wasn’t here to waste either of our time. I thought that was evident in how I conducted myself. ( I don’t think a customer should have to go through these lengths to offer someone car money)

I tell him the necklace and pendant I want. The pendant takes a few weeks to make and he’ll ship that and the necklace out together. I tell him no prob. During the process of making the pendant I ask for pics of the necklace which he never sent. When the pendant is finally done he sends me the pics of the necklaces he has irrespective of what I asked for. I told him specifically the necklace I wanted. After two days of searching he doesn’t have what I am looking for. During these 48 hours he was responding to me at the end of the day and giving me barely 2 minutes of talk time. A word for the wise for anyone who decides to deal with him, pay attention when he starts talking fast. It’s usually smoke coming after. He finally finds the necklace I am looking for but it is not the size I wanted. I told him if I wasn’t happy with it I would send it back.
While the pendant is being made, I also decide I want to get a ring made as well. An example of him not keeping the expectation he set forth :

D6F08E46-4A03-4AD2-AB4B-6202435532FA.jpeg

This was the following Tuesday after he said give until Monday. I honestly was okay with waiting if he just simply would have said, I’m busy and backed up. Here’s a realistic expectation.

143DA1D3-C9DD-48E5-86B0-C47AB312FA56.jpeg

I was in the process of moving to another country and there was some time sensitive decisions I had to make and this point things were starting to become an inconvenience.
This is me reaching out to him 9 days after the original rendering and not having heard anything back. I will give him credit and acknowledge he said he was hustling to get things done to help with my travels. At this point the deadline I had in place had came and went and I just told him to take his time and make sure it’a done right.
6464BAE8-FA6F-4B91-8E9B-C8CE2AA56902.png

I honestly wasn’t tripping off this happening but I wanted to share my full experience

78CB99DF-8E83-4895-AD5B-B1CAF4F6AF8B.jpeg

The ring not coming out right the first time was what ever. Stuff happens. I want to iterate more often then not during this process it was me reaching out to see what was going on. Also, I shipped my necklace back because I was not happy with the size. I told him that from the jump was going to happen because it was not what I wanted. I was willing to try it off the strength of his encouragement and the fact he said it would take 6-8 weeks to creat the one I wanted. As i mentioned I live out of the country now and I did not want to leave any loose ends. I said I would be willing to look at other options if he could send me pictures. For some reason he found it hard to understand that someone was unwilling to spend $5k on something that they had barely seen. I asked for pics numerous times which he blew off. When he finally finished the ring, he asked what necklace I wanted to go with

- Just another point. I asked for the appraisal numerous times.
37CCD53A-6F6C-43C3-98E5-D7B555098EFD.jpeg

This was 2.5 weeks later when I almost to open another application for a policy because of how long he took. For the sake of brevity I am going to speed up to the end.

E6630194-F97A-45E9-8812-E0E98E0523ED.png

His response :

41F61439-3F36-4135-976E-823A8886104E.png

He never sent the pics of the nugget necklace and I ultimately decided to wait on the 24k gold rope.
Posting this for later.

6755D199-1865-4739-B079-174B04221AE7.jpeg

The following texts are pretty self explanatory
DDDC15FA-41C3-484E-AA7C-941D90921977.jpeg

02D7BA1D-BCF5-40AD-8573-46127F63FE19.png

This what I hate about a lot of these jewelers, their communication. These guys will text you back one time every few weeks and wonder why there a miscommunication happening. Why are they so against hiring a secretary.

Had a good experience with Jon - didn't go with the other bros for various reasons but Jon helped me out and was ahead of schedule - basic 18k custom pieces.

160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep
do you know anyone else who does comparable 24k work?

i’m a little confused are you in the states or are you located outside the US

The reason I ask is that you’re better off going to buy jewelry in store for example most major cities San Francisco Los Angeles New York City any Chinatown that’s close to you and a few other places in the US have stores that strictly sell 24 karat but most don’t do custom work usually it’s traditional and some modern Chinese jewelry

You might be better off finding a Vietnamese jewelerthat either does 22 or 24 karat K on the West Coast
I wish there was a place like that in New York but there isn’t any that I know of

try this place

Last edited:

this dude being petty as ****. i like the work he posts but he’s acting like he’s above critique. you’re supposed to be a professional, even without knowing c.magneto’s experience with him, i would say that working with “indecisive” customers comes with the territory, especially when customers are spending $10k. it’s not even like c.mag was disrespectful or condescending to him. dude’s mistaking “indecisive” with producing a crappy product and expecting the customer to be happy with it

What a goober. I expected it though when I reached out for something and he left me on read when I asked about a price. Only them and mazza have been like that

Every jeweler I ever dealt with outside of those two diddlers such as Icebox, Jacob, If and co, and even Johnny Dang have responded with the quickness.

Don't get me wrong, I had issues with Icebox but they remedied it quickly and I was picky too. I had to replace a single diamond and they overnighted it to me and didn't complain about paying for shipping like these guys.

i’m a little confused are you in the states or are you located outside the US

The reason I ask is that you’re better off going to buy jewelry in store for example most major cities San Francisco Los Angeles New York City any Chinatown that’s close to you and a few other places in the US have stores that strictly sell 24 karat but most don’t do custom work usually it’s traditional and some modern Chinese jewelry

You might be better off finding a Vietnamese jewelerthat either does 22 or 24 karat K on the West Coast
I wish there was a place like that in New York but there isn’t any that I know of

try this place

Queens has some Indian jewelers that sell 22 and 24 kt

this dude being petty as ****. i like the work he posts but he’s acting like he’s above critique. you’re supposed to be a professional, even without knowing c.magneto’s experience with him, i would say that working with “indecisive” customers comes with the territory, especially when customers are spending $10k. it’s not even like c.mag was disrespectful or condescending to him. dude’s mistaking “indecisive” with producing a crappy product and expecting the customer to be happy with it

Throws a hissy fit because he doesn’t know how to interact with regular clients :lol:

Keep that same energy and see what happens when his celebrity clientele move on to the next jeweler.

I’d recommend Long or Jon instead. Same work without the ego.

My experience was with this guy.

I had this exact pendant made and had a delay with the picture because it wasn't coming out good enough, but he kept me informed the entire time.

I wouldn't deal with the nonsense you experienced though.

What did this cost you? I’m looking for something similar just going to go to the shop though

Lurker of this thread looking for some advice. I just got a 6mm Cuban chain from Reys. Looking for a shorter rope to 2 chain it. Someone on here recommended 3-4mm for the rope a few months ago, but I hit up jacoje and he said that’s too small. He recommended a 5mm rope to compliment the Cuban. Is he just trying to get me to spend more dough with a larger rope lol?

Ive been following them Ta dudes for about 2 or 3 years now and they've always seemed cool and humble, I will say that dude has been showing a lot of arrogance lately. I guess when business is booming you feel untouchable.

I will note that I had a good experience with Mathew.

Lurker of this thread looking for some advice. I just got a 6mm Cuban chain from Reys. Looking for a shorter rope to 2 chain it. Someone on here recommended 3-4mm for the rope a few months ago, but I hit up jacoje and he said that’s too small. He recommended a 5mm rope to compliment the Cuban. Is he just trying to get me to spend more dough with a larger rope lol?
Are you putting pendants on either?

Broken up in two posts because of size.

B9225E98-1385-4F8C-AE0D-68BDDB05B482.png
71ECC855-BBE8-4361-AEA5-5F15581CAAF5.png

F2439BA8-085A-464D-AE51-B0BC32D1B30D.png
F693593F-5CC5-4BD2-B6D4-3E1DBDAF4979.png

EA357E82-1EE7-4464-94A7-8EF1376967A5.jpeg

There you have it. That’s why I won’t be dealing with him again.

I have done buisness with James , Matthew , Jon and The father. I honestly can say I have nothing but good things to say. I have spent I would like to think a large sum of money with their family over the past year from a $100 jade piece to my girls 3.5 ct engagement ring. I always got the same level respect and customer service no matter the budget or family member. All the deadlines and timelines were met I was always kept up to date on the progress with pictures. James has always went above and beyond for me. I cannot say anything bad about him or his operation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom