**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I have does buisness with James , Matthew , Jon and The father. I honestly can say I have nothing but good things to say. I have spent I would like to think a large sum of money with their family over the past year from a $100 jade piece to my girls 3.5 ct engagement ring. I always got the same level respect and customer service no matter the budget or family member. All the deadlines and timelines were met I was always kept up to date on the progress with pictures. James has always went above and beyond for me. I cannot say anything bad about him or his operation.

Operation is always interesting to me. Family business but individual businesses. Feel like I have to get a quote from all of them and just choose one. Idk how else people choose between all of them.

This what I hate about a lot of these jewelers, their communication. These guys will text you back one time every few weeks and wonder why there a miscommunication happening. Why are they so against hiring a secretary.
The worst :smh:
sometimes it works out though
The jewelers lack of communication and professionalism can lead to an item being a buy 1 get 1 :smile:

Operation is always interesting to me. Family business but individual businesses. Feel like I have to get a quote from all of them and just choose one. Idk how else people choose between all of them.

I was referred to James by several close friends it branched off from there.
I just recently picked up a DJ41 Wimbledon from Matt no issue there, very accommodating

Lurker of this thread looking for some advice. I just got a 6mm Cuban chain from Reys. Looking for a shorter rope to 2 chain it. Someone on here recommended 3-4mm for the rope a few months ago, but I hit up jacoje and he said that’s too small. He recommended a 5mm rope to compliment the Cuban. Is he just trying to get me to spend more dough with a larger rope lol?
I def think a 3mm diamond cut rope with a 6mm is going to be too small. It’ll look like you’re wearing the rope for sentimental value.

Ive been following them Ta dudes for about 2 or 3 years now and they've always seemed cool and humble, I will say that dude has been showing a lot of arrogance lately. I guess when business is booming you feel untouchable.

I will note that I had a good experience with Mathew.
I really think you might have just caught him on a bad day. I think thats my experience too, cause majority of people seem to be real happy.

What a goober. I expected it though when I reached out for something and he left me on read when I asked about a price. Only them and mazza have been like that

Every jeweler I ever dealt with outside of those two diddlers such as Icebox, Jacob, If and co, and even Johnny Dang have responded with the quickness.

Don't get me wrong, I had issues with Icebox but they remedied it quickly and I was picky too. I had to replace a single diamond and they overnighted it to me and didn't complain about paying for shipping like these guys.

I Howled @ diddler

New pick up for shorty
B01AD755-799A-4F7B-9F33-6342AB882A71.jpeg

C.Magneto C.Magneto ain’t gone front…. You came out lucky. That shop looked out for you by doing a trade back for what sounds like at a lose. Then you let them sit on your bread and get comfortable. Add that you being unsure with a lot of your decisions on Jewlery. All the red flags in your post had me sweating. Glad you got your bread. Sounds like you should hold off copping jewls for a little until you know what you want.

C.Magneto C.Magneto ain’t gone front…. You came out lucky. That shop looked out for you by doing a trade back for what sounds like at a lose. Then you let them sit on your bread and get comfortable. Add that you being unsure with a lot of your decisions on Jewlery. All the red flags in your post had me sweating. Glad you got your bread. Sounds like you should hold off copping jewls for a little until you know what you want.

i agree, but dude should have kept it professional at the end of the day. Even with the indecisiveness he should already know how to deal with that. Some people dont know what they want all the time, so you just gotta deal with it, nature of the business. He should get an assistant if he cant keep up with the questions, photos, updates etc imo

i agree, but dude should have kept it professional at the end of the day. Even with the indecisiveness he should already know how to deal with that. Some people dont know what they want all the time, so you just gotta deal with it, nature of the business. He should get an assistant if he cant keep up with the questions, photos, updates etc imo
I agree 💯 but there are a lot of scammers in this business and all most as much as bad customer service. Not a single shop that we talk about and do business with on here is free of any bad custy service, especially with online orders.
the only shop I think we haven’t trashed talked about their customer service was Trax… :lol:

I agree 💯 but there are a lot of scammers in this business and all most as much as bad customer service. Not a single shop that we talk about and do business with on here is free of any bad custy service, especially with online orders.
the only shop I think we haven’t trashed talked about their customer service was Trax… :lol:

And this is why I'm hesitant on my next move. I've wanted to get my next idea done, but my previous experience has me very wary. To the point where I may just hold off until I go visit and see one of these places in person.

I have been speaking to Matthew from ta for a few weeks about getting a pendant made. I'm against starting the project just because I wanted to see a rendering of it before I commit. Unfortunately I'm told I have to do a deposit of 50% before I can see a rendering. I guess I'll just wait till after my wedding to make a decision.

Time to give Max a call!

And this is why I'm hesitant on my next move. I've wanted to get my next idea done, but my previous experience has me very wary. To the point where I may just hold off until I go visit and see one of these places in person.

I have been speaking to Matthew from ta for a few weeks about getting a pendant made. I'm against starting the project just because I wanted to see a rendering of it before I commit. Unfortunately I'm told I have to do a deposit of 50% before I can see a rendering. I guess I'll just wait till after my wedding to make a decision.

i dont think anyone is gonna give you a free rendering, its hella work to put in on a design just on the strength of a convo of possibly getting a pendant made, 50% down might be a lil aggressive, but id guess you prolly will get asked for 25-30% deposit down on a design

I know you’re coming from a sincere place and my post probably sounds more aggressive then actually is. I am just explaining my point of view and it’s all peace.

I wouldn’t say I came out lucky.
I could have used that money to buy Ethereum during the dip if I knew it would have came out like this.
The trade back was because a lack of communication and him being unprofessional. He could’ve just took care of it right the first time and none of this would have happened. Even if he tried to portray me as “indecisive” does that excuse the blatant amount of unprofessionalism he showed during our exchange which he continued on a social media platform? That’s the stuff a scorned women does. I sincerely don’t think I was this customer, but if I was the “indecisive” customer, that’s part of the job. Does that give a “professional” the right to air that aspect of his craft out. If someone has spent $20,000 with you I would think there is a base line amount of customer service that is afforded. Because we live in a consumer driven world people forget that if the customer goes then what? I get the chances of that happening to him are unlikely at the moment, but revenge is a dish best served cold.

That leads into my next point. I was not indecisive through out this process. It would be the equivalent of buying a shirt , returning and knowing exactly what you want. When you are trying to tell the sales rep what you want, they are mumbling under the breath that they should have it at the register and when you arrive they don’t have it. Not only do they not have it, they expect you a make decision on the spot with out clearly seeing any other options after you’ve paid for a short that you no longer have.
Calling a spade a spade, I played myself. As it’s been stated, I should have just gone in person.
Paypal was really the only reason I let this go on and as long as it did. I know if I needed to I could get my money back.

It is what it is, I’ve moved past it.

By you offering a 1k buy back and him accepting tells me a lot about the situation. It’s not about your satisfaction it’s about it money to him. If you didn’t offer the 1k then he probably would have told you to kick rocks. Like many have already said, having dedicated customer service would help tremendously in these situations.

By you offering a 1k buy back and him accepting tells me a lot about the situation. It’s not about your satisfaction it’s about it money to him. If you didn’t offer the 1k then he probably would have told you to kick rocks. Like many have already said, having dedicated customer service would help tremendously in these situations.

Exactly. I didn’t mention that he tried to ask for more initially when it was I who brought the idea up. I understand most places don’t take returns but to put something in perspective he made a rack for someone holding a necklace for 4 days. I wish I could build a business idea around this concept. I did that from the kindness of my heart because I’ve worked in sales and I understand the frustration of indecisive customers. Him and I also had conversations on the phone and I sincerely did my best to be understanding of the “inconsiderate I’m too busy for anything jeweler persona.’

He also tried to ask me to Pay a restocking fee on the necklace he recommended that Was not the one I wanted. I very politely reminded him that we had agreed I would try the necklace out under his recommendation and If I wasn’t happy with it there would be no restocking fee because ya know, it wasn’t the one I wanted.

i dont think anyone is gonna give you a free rendering, its hella work to put in on a design just on the strength of a convo of possibly getting a pendant made, 50% down might be a lil aggressive, but id guess you prolly will get asked for 25-30% deposit down on a design
I totally understand that and I'm not against putting something down.. I wasn't asking for nor expecting a free rendering, however to tell me to put down 50% for it is wild. I asked one one place for a rendering which I paid for and it was a nominal considering what the entire piece would've cost.

Back
Top Bottom