**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

that whole joint lookin terribly

giphy.gif

I keep seeing inconsistent links in pics of Leon chains. Got me spooked bc my chain from him is supposed to be finished tomorrow. No one tags his work on IG, no YouTube reviews... Seems odd for as much as his name is mentioned here 🤔
What are ur specs?
Imo Leon’s bigger links are A1. It’s the 9mm n smaller get kinda whanky.

Can anyone recommend a way to polish up my Cuban band or a place to take it? I have some surface scratches on it and doesn’t clean up as good anymore

Can anyone recommend a way to polish up my Cuban band or a place to take it? I have some surface scratches on it and doesn’t clean up as good anymore
Just bring it to any jewelry shop you trust. Should cost like $5-$15

i brought my bracelet for the first time earlier this year to get cleaned and polished. Ish was shining like crazy after

Just bring it to any jewelry shop you trust. Should cost like $5-$15

i brought my bracelet for the first time earlier this year to get cleaned and polished. Ish was shining like crazy after
I don’t have a shop I trust lol I’ll definitely look in to finding one though for sure

8-8.5mm, to add to it the lady gave me grief about asking for pics prior to shipping. Now I'm SUPER nervous awaiting pics lol
U should be good. It’s the chains that are pre made that usually be the not as quality as I believe. Hopefully if it’s made to order has a better outcome.

8-8.5mm, to add to it the lady gave me grief about asking for pics prior to shipping. Now I'm SUPER nervous awaiting pics lol
dealing with leon 2x I'll chime in, you don't have to worry about the links at all, they will be done properly. what you need to worry about is the box lock, depending on if you told them you wanted a hand made lock vs a casted lock your results might vary.
Screenshot_20211018-133656_Instagram.jpg

me being picky i don't like the space in between the male and female portion of the lock. some might not care, but that would be a reason for me to send a chain back! also check the figure 8 clasps that they are even and tight. The bracelet i got from them the figure 8 clasp was loose and i had to tighten it myself. also my bracelet was supposed to be 8" it came in bigger than that. i had to send it back to be resized, little things like that you might have a problem with.

What has been your experience with going back to your jeweler to size up?
I have a 3mm rope but I definitely wanna size up to the 5mm rope now.

Looking into getting an 8mm, 7" 14k bracelet. Leon's, Daniel, CMG and Rey's the best place to go?

dealing with leon 2x I'll chime in, you don't have to worry about the links at all, they will be done properly. what you need to worry about is the box lock, depending on if you told them you wanted a hand made lock vs a casted lock your results might vary.
Screenshot_20211018-133656_Instagram.jpg

me being picky i don't like the space in between the male and female portion of the lock. some might not care, but that would be a reason for me to send a chain back! also check the figure 8 clasps that they are even and tight. The bracelet i got from them the figure 8 clasp was loose and i supposed to be 8" it came i had to send it back to be resized, little things like that you might have a problem with.
Leon chain touched down. Overall nice chain but you nailed it, came with the crappy box lock (opens without pressing the button and the male end sticks out the back in addition to the gap). If you're a particular person I'd recommend picking up your chain in person. I wish I would have bc I won't bother trying to remedy my issues. No deal breakers though, love the shape of the links, just wish they were as tight as my limaxi cuban

Attachments

• PXL_20211021_185049885.jpg
    PXL_20211021_185049885.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 319
  • PXL_20211022_172520366.jpg
    PXL_20211022_172520366.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 328
Leon chain touched down. Overall nice chain but you nailed it, came with the crappy box lock (opens without pressing the button and the male end sticks out the back in addition to the gap). If you're a particular person I'd recommend picking up your chain in person. I wish I would have bc I won't bother trying to remedy my issues. No deal breakers though, love the shape of the links, just wish they were as tight as my limaxi cuban
nothing wrong with sending them an email letting them know that you aren't happy, and the issues you want fixed. you might lose out on shipping costs to them and be without the chain for a week but they will fix it. one thing i learned about them is that you have to be extra specific about how you want your chain to be.

Theres couple ppl here with links from leons and they look fine to me maybe because they are over 12mm but have no fear im sure your chain is gonna come out fine

I got my chain from limaxi and get lots of compliments everytime i wear it,, my 2nd chain will def come out of limaxi again!!! Leon and reys have good links also those the top 3 for me

Back
Top Bottom