**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I had a chunky ring like that (stoneless non-wedding band) and it was super uncomfortable. Cant close your fingers and hurts for daily wear. My wedding ring is simple and thin. For $7k, go for a 14-18k with fewer but larger stones for a simple, classy look. Just my 0.02

IMG_8085.jpeg
personal setup. gonna upgrade the cross and lady guadalupe

Haha i remember when BB was d riding the Faze guys and when he made this. Did he do a bunch or just this one?

I’m still trying to remember if that chain he did for the hundreds was real or all a skit.

ya'll know the percentage we should be aiming for if we want to get scrap value?
Lets say scrap values at $1,000, for a chain, how much should you expect and who would you go to sell?

Thanks.
I hate saying this but it depends, really you should be getting scrap value or pretty close to it if it’s scrap gold, unless you go into a place and they know you’re hard up for money, you know how that goes.

But Scrap gold=getting that scrap gold price.

Assuming it’s 14k. Looks like 14k is 35.70 so that’s what you should get.

Gold refining places or jewelry/pawn shops usually pay u $5-10 less than todays spot gold price. Thats their profit margin. So ur losing most on ur labour costs. Leons labour cost is way less than lets say Reys so for me i bought this 5 years ago i could be in profit or easily break even or lose very little (depends on who i sell to) after losing 5-10$ cuz gold is at all time high right now. Usually for premium jewelry like cartier or tiffany they pay more cuz there is brand value.

I hate saying this but it depends, really you should be getting scrap value or pretty close to it if it’s scrap gold, unless you go into a place and they know you’re hard up for money, you know how that goes.

But Scrap gold=getting that scrap gold price.

Assuming it’s 14k. Looks like 14k is 35.70 so that’s what you should get.
Thanks!!

Gold refining places or jewelry/pawn shops usually pay u $5-10 less than todays spot gold price. Thats their profit margin. So ur losing most on ur labour costs. Leons labour cost is way less than lets say Reys so for me i bought this 5 years ago i could be in profit or easily break even or lose very little (depends on who i sell to) after losing 5-10$ cuz gold is at all time high right now. Usually for premium jewelry like cartier or tiffany they pay more cuz there is brand value.
$5-$10 less is pretty steep, but makes sense if they need to profit.

$5-$10 less is pretty steep, but makes sense if they need to profit.
Its not really bro they gota melt down ur ****. No one cares if its reys or daniel jewelry. Or if u swear its 14k 18k. Only way to tell for sure for them is to melt it and theres costs involved in doing that. Unless reys and daniels has a buyback program where they can just resell ur stuff but they would give u less than scrap too. No one is giving u 1:1

Exactly. My last Leon purchase was at $39/gram and that includes their labor, markup, and whatever operating cost they tacked on. So best believe a $25ish a gram was the gold charge on there

He’s not talking about labor costs to make a piece or where he purchased it from, he literally said if he had 1000.00 worth of scrap gold value how much should he get ? And he should absolutely get that value or pretty close to it. If you bought a gold chain 5 years ago and sold it today and break even or took a loss whoever You sold it to took advantage of you. No one talked about brand. Simply Gold scrap.

Exactly. My last Leon purchase was at $39/gram and that includes their labor, markup, and whatever operating cost they tacked on. So best believe a $25ish a gram was the gold charge on there
Where did he say anything about labor, markup and operating costs? Where did he say he bought a Leon chain or Rey’s and wants that value? The question was I have 1000.00 worth of scrap gold, how much should I get for it. Not I paid Leon 39 a gram for a chain how much should I get for it if I sold it.

Its not really bro they gota melt down ur ****. No one cares if its reys or daniel jewelry. Or if u swear its 14k 18k. Only way to tell for sure for them is to melt it and theres costs involved in doing that. Unless reys and daniels has a buyback program where they can just resell ur stuff but they would give u less than scrap too. No one is giving u 1:1
Where did he mention he wants what Rey’s or Daniel’s charges per gram to make a piece.? And melting it isn’t the only way to tell. Let me know these costs to melt, most places melt batches at a time and it’s not labor intensive or expensive or expensive equipment used. Way off the mark of the question.

Back
Top Bottom