**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Thoughts on pairing a 24” 2.5mm diamond cut Franco with a 22” 6mm Cuban? Likely will have a small-ish pendant on the Franco, maybe 1-1/4” in length? I want to add to my daily setup, but idk about paring a round style chain with my Cuban.

I
Where did he mention he wants what Rey’s or Daniel’s charges per gram to make a piece.? And melting it isn’t the only way to tell. Let me know these costs to melt, most places melt batches at a time and it’s not labor intensive or expensive or expensive equipment used. Way off the mark of the question.
I will go on a field trip and visit refineries, jewelers, buy gold shops in LA and report back what they offer.

I

I will go on a field trip and visit refineries, jewelers, buy gold shops in LA and report back what they offer.
Bet, in the past year I dumped a bunch of scrap and had 3 chains shortened and everytime I got scrap/spot prices for them. At the time it was around 32 a gram. It was all local or I would’ve shot you the info. All 14k too forgot to say.

Last edited:
Where did he mention he wants what Rey’s or Daniel’s charges per gram to make a piece.? And melting it isn’t the only way to tell. Let me know these costs to melt, most places melt batches at a time and it’s not labor intensive or expensive or expensive equipment used. Way off the mark of the question.
i just went to a refinery sold my bracelet at $2.5 below scrap. U can find good places that dont try to finess you but most will.
He did all the testing prior giving me a quote, acid, machine, didnt matter at the end he can only pay me after he melts the bracelet. These guys are taking risks, they are not just going to look at ur stuff and cash you out. especially with big amounts. Theres cost of running a business. If you get 1:1 scrap gold price they are essentially losing? lol im not even sure what we are debating here. You going to Mike Amiri and quoting him the Cotton price for the day and asking him why his jeans are marked up? and when you resell it do you get the same price back?

The quote leon gives you at $40-42 per gram is including his labour thats not spot gold price. What i was saying is you not getting that price. Reys labour is even more above spot gold price, thats the point i was making. and at the end of the day doesnt matter what you were told your bracelet is. If the refinery melts the gold down and says it tests as 13.5k instead of 14k thats what they are going to pay you for, you have no option you take it or leave it. You can take it else where and waste your time trying to get that extra $50-100 lol

and yes they dont charge you for melting it unless you take your stuff back, and its very quick and easy what is your argument lol You are. the one that is trying to sell your gold you have no leverage bro lol the buyer is going to pay you what they are going to pay you thats how the market works. Just like you dont get Google currency exchange rate at your bank or any exchange place. You are not walking into someones establishment demanding Google gold spot rate lol who do you think you are

and we are talking about jewelry that has labour costs involved, not pure gold coins bars or bullions

Last edited:
i just went to a refinery sold my bracelet at $2.5 below scrap. U can find good places that dont try to finess you but most will.
He did all the testing prior giving me a quote, acid, machine, didnt matter at the end he can only pay me after he melts the bracelet. These guys are taking risks, they are not just going to look at ur stuff and cash you out. especially with big amounts. Theres cost of running a business. If you get 1:1 scrap gold price they are essentially losing? lol im not even sure what we are debating here. You going to Mike Amiri and quoting him the Cotton price for the day and asking him why his jeans are marked up? and when you resell it do you get the same price back?

The quote leon gives you at $40-42 per gram is including his labour thats not spot gold price. What i was saying is you not getting that price. Reys labour is even more above spot gold price, thats the point i was making. and at the end of the day doesnt matter what you were told your bracelet is. If the refinery melts the gold down and says it tests as 13.5k instead of 14k thats what they are going to pay you for, you have no option you take it or leave it. You can take it else where and waste your time trying to get that extra $50-100 lol

and yes they dont charge you for melting it unless you take your stuff back, and its very quick and easy what is your argument lol You are. the one that is trying to sell your gold you have no leverage bro lol the buyer is going to pay you what they are going to pay you thats how the market works. Just like you dont get Google currency exchange rate at your bank or any exchange place. You are not walking into someones establishment demanding Google gold spot rate lol who do you think you are

and we are talking about jewelry that has labour costs involved, not pure gold coins bars or bullions
I would take $2.5 below spot. That's reasonable

He’s not talking about labor costs to make a piece or where he purchased it from, he literally said if he had 1000.00 worth of scrap gold value how much should he get ? And he should absolutely get that value or pretty close to it. If you bought a gold chain 5 years ago and sold it today and break even or took a loss whoever You sold it to took advantage of you. No one talked about brand. Simply Gold scrap.
lol so with ur logic Leon , Reys , Daniels took advantage of you cuz they did not sell it to you at spot gold price.. like what ... so you walking into a weed dispensary and asking for grams at their cost price? make it make sense bro lol

I would take $2.5 below spot. That's reasonable
and this was only because once they melted it and tested it in the machine it came back as 13.5 K not 14k. Thats the thing with these hand made jewelry you dont know what type of gold Leons melted down to make it and how much metal they mixed it with.

I know Reys is known to only use pure gold bars so they dont buy back any gold jewelry cuz its useless to them they dont melt it down to remake cubans they only use pure bars

IMG_4843.jpeg

You right on the buyer is going to pay you what they want and that pertains to almost everything in life. But once you compared gold to cotton and a clothing manufacturer there is nothing else to say. And 2.5 is pretty close to spot and I’m sure they don’t just happen to pay the best prices.

Last edited:
for some reason ropes always have that clasp... my rope is 133 grams and has the same clasp... I was contemplating on changing it but never did... I rarely wear the rope anyway so never got a chance to do it

Yup, thats what I hope to see for any rope chains 5MM+, stoneless or not. That jumpring slaughter mentioned will give out at some point. I have a 4mm and mine gave out a few times already

Anyone here ordered the1984 3inch or 4 inch Jesus piece from Tommy jewels? What’s yall experience purchasing from him? I’m trying to decide if I want the 3-4 inch what chains would fit good on these? I’m 5’5 and trying to find something that will fit me but I’m undesisive on witch to get any feed back is welcome thank you 🙏

Anyone here ordered the1984 3inch or 4 inch Jesus piece from Tommy jewels? What’s yall experience purchasing from him? I’m trying to decide if I want the 3-4 inch what chains would fit good on these? I’m 5’5 and trying to find something that will fit me but I’m undesisive on witch to get any feed back is welcome thank you 🙏

tommy jewels is good peoples. He did a custom piece for me in the past and I made some smaller purchases with him. A little slow to respond via DMs but I usually just go in person since I’m in NYC.

i just copped the 2.5 inch version a few weeks ago. definitely slow through dms but he’ll get back to you. but i’d check to see if he’s still selling them. when i bought mine he posted that he might put the mold in the vault for a while

Back
Top Bottom