**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by Al Audi

lol how late am i on AI tat on his hand?

that joint is just terrible.

AI was the original prototype for todays NBA player with garbage tats.
i think he has had that for some years now. he has so many little doo doo tats...
but back in 95 when he got most of them that was the best idea he ever had.

laugh.gif
yeah most of his tats weren't that great, but from 2000-2004 or so he was THAT DUDE. Swag on a hundred thousand trillion

Can any jewelers or people wit experience tell me the process or if possible to insure jewelery. I dont got any thing crazy, setup a couple grand. Info like do they cover up to the appraisal. If they dont cover certain types of losses ect. all info appreciated.

Originally Posted by shoeGUINDALOON

Can any jewelers or people wit experience tell me the process or if possible to insure jewelery. I dont got any thing crazy, setup a couple grand. Info like do they cover up to the appraisal. If they dont cover certain types of losses ect. all info appreciated.

i don't know a whole lot, but if your appraisal is for like 15 grand you will prolly get 2500. thats not an exact figure but they aint exactly hooking it up

Originally Posted by python002

i don't know a whole lot, but if your appraisal is for like 15 grand you will prolly get 2500. thats not an exact figure but they aint exactly hooking it up
not much truth 2 this Bro
I'm insured for what's on my appraisal FULL AMOUNT
Go with Jewelers Mutual or Chubbs

Originally Posted by Gerkpot

What kind of appraisals are accepted?

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by Gerkpot

What kind of appraisals are accepted?

A standard appraislal
they will do a little leg work to check it out
check both of da 2 websites or hit em up
its a painless process

laugh.gif
prob shoulda left it there...theres def good insurance that will give you full value - some people even come UP

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
prob shoulda left it there...theres def good insurance that will give you full value - some people even come UP
LOL. I wasn't too sure about what dude said myself... Homeboy had me about to read my policy.
From my experience, you can itemize jewelry/valuables on your homeowners' insurance policy. It's not expensive unless you have major $$$ in jewelry. 

I got spun by someone who had their chain and bracket took when they had people over. He had state farm. I didn't know all the detailS of his policy but that he was sick after finding out how little he got. I guess all info ain't good info :-(
thanks for the heads up on how it works. Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I guess it seemed too good to be true that a company would pay you in full for your loss. I mean I know thats how insurance works but with jewelry I would think there was a way to shyst you somehow.

I got spun by someone who had their chain and bracket took when they had people over. He had state farm. I didn't know all the detailS of his policy but that he was sick after finding out how little he got. I guess all info ain't good info :-(
thanks for the heads up on how it works. Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I guess it seemed too good to be true that a company would pay you in full for your loss. I mean I know thats how insurance works but with jewelry I would think there was a way to shyst you somehow.

when you start dealing with appraisals and actual jewelry insurance your in a different ballgame then just trying to convince your home owners or renters insurance how much your jesus piece was worth -

^^ makes sense. I was ignorant to the fact there is specific insurers who deal with jewelry only. I put in my piece for a quote and they say they want $353 for a year with a $1,000 deducible. With a zero deductible it was like $413 I think. That was base on a 21,000 replacement cost. That 21k figure came from the email I sent jacb&co a month ago asking how muck a duplicate would cost with my given Specs. I'm sure IF or JOBH insurance has to be jaw dropping but I've been wrong before and can be wrong again.

Thanks all for the info. I just seen too many times people loose their stuf over scuffles in the club and wat not. I like to knw if it happens to me i wont have that pit in the stomach about to cry feeling.

Back
Top Bottom