The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Thinking about picking up a pair to hoop. How do these fit compared to the 30's when I went TTS for that snug fit? Should I go half size down?

I didn't play in the 30s but it felt like it was snug because they were somewhat narrow and had to be broken in a bit.

The 31s fit about the same length-wise except it isn't as narrow so it doesn't have that super snug fit and if you size down it's just going to be too short.

I didn't play in the 30s but it felt like it was snug because they were somewhat narrow and had to be broken in a bit.

The 31s fit about the same length-wise except it isn't as narrow so it doesn't have that super snug fit and if you size down it's just going to be too short.
True. 30s are super tight and narrow. I had to go up a half size. I've played in the 31s and they feel great.

I don't know, that heel/achilles pods on the 31 still hurts my foot every time I put them on, it takes maybe an hour before I stop noticing them.

Actually I wouldn't say hurt, that might be exaggerated, I'd say uncomfortable is the better word.

Personally, the 31 fits me much better where I just put them on and it's just comfortable. No tightness, no uncomfortable pods/cushions, no pinches, etc...

Bought the Black Toes, was sold on the actual color. Glad I copped, but when I played in them I felt sort of weighted to the ground. On the court I play weekly at, the traction has been the best I've ever played in. On the other hand, I didn't get much response, like my cuts weren't sharp and jumping wasn't as good as it is when wearing LeBrons or Kobes, so in that sense I was disappointed but maybe they just need breaking in. I wore Hyper Elite socks and felt a little bit of rubbing on my achilles, but nothing uncomfortable and certainly not painful. I'm giving them one more go this week and if I don't feel any different I'm going back to my LeBrons.

Bought the Black Toes, was sold on the actual color. Glad I copped, but when I played in them I felt sort of weighted to the ground. On the court I play weekly at, the traction has been the best I've ever played in. On the other hand, I didn't get much response, like my cuts weren't sharp and jumping wasn't as good as it is when wearing LeBrons or Kobes, so in that sense I was disappointed but maybe they just need breaking in. I wore Hyper Elite socks and felt a little bit of rubbing on my achilles, but nothing uncomfortable and certainly not painful. I'm giving them one more go this week and if I don't feel any different I'm going back to my LeBrons.
which lebron you comparing them to?

Give them a black midsole outsole = best sig In years. Imagine a taxi 31. White w/black soles and a black fade to gold on midsole .. They have samples that take leaks on what they've released . I don't understand it.

Last edited:
Under normal lighting it looks red to me. If I hold it up to a bright light, I do see orange, but just normal it looks red.

I'm probably getting a pair soon. I didn't like the first colors but JB is killing it with many.

Back
Top Bottom