The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

IF these do have some type of heel air, really will be interested in what the reasoning is. At the 30 unveil, it was said all of our athletes love the flight plate and it will be on the flagship model for years to come.

i need to see grizzlyanimals opinion on the usas before i make my final opinion.

View media item 2104404
How Nike staged the Team USA photo for its own gain
By Matt Schneidman July 18, 2016 | 3:40pm

Look closely at this Team USA photo and you’ll see a couple parts are blocked out. Harrison Barnes, Kyle Lowry and Klay Thompson each have their feet — and sneakers — mainly obscured.

That’s no coincidence, as keenly pointed out by The Vertcal’s Nick DePaula. Team USA is sponsored by Nike. But both Barnes and Lowry (second and third from left) have Adidas footwear as part of their sponsorship deals, and Thompson (fourth from right) has a deal with Anta.

The Nike logos or the entirety of other players’ shoes are visible, a la DeMar DeRozan on the far left, who is angling his shoes outward to reveal the Nike swoosh on the inside of his feet — and block the view of Barnes’ kicks. Carmelo Anthony and DeAndre Jordan combine for some strong branding defense on Thompson, and Jimmy Butler’s crouch wipes out Lowry.

In 2008, the same kind of canny cover-up occurred when Mike Krzyzewski blocked Dwight Howard’s Adidas sneakers, while every other players’ Nikes were pictured with no obstructions.

With the sting of losing two-time MVP Stephen Curry to nascent rival Under Armour still fresh, it’s no surprise Nike did what they could to get an upper hand in even the slightest way.

Last edited:
I can honestly say for the first time in my life something endorsed by Jordan is biting off of something Kobe related. (not that its a bad thing as i love the kobe 9 low top)

just feels like its time to maybe release the signature lines every other year and come fresh with ideas. most heads i know still ball in 29s...

I can honestly say for the first time in my life something endorsed by Jordan is biting off of something Kobe related. (not that its a bad thing as i love the kobe 9 low top)

just feels like its time to maybe release the signature lines every other year and come fresh with ideas. most heads i know still ball in 29s...

Have to agree to a certain extent. Although the shoes look great, the concept of updating past shoes seems like a bad sign.

Both of you are right... I never thought the Kyrie line would be the line to innovate but somehow the Air Jordan, Kobe and Lebron lines all phoned it in this year with their flagship models.

Not really feeling the
. Why cant they do **** like they did before like the 20s . I think i will pass unless they come out with some krazy colorway

This new angle of using "inspiration" of OG models starting with the AJ1 does seem to have a little bit of a lazy vibe...I'm sure Tinker and Co. will try to spin it differently though. Unless it goes like the unveiling of the XXX....didn't it seem like they weren't very excited about the XXX? I guess this shouldn't be a huge shock, for a brand that relies on its past for its present to say F it and implement it into its future. I personally haven't been inspired by a design from the sig line since the XX8. It is hard for me to get hype for this since the concept has been done over and over from JB. I guess if you want original, you shouldn't look to JB. The shoe isn't bad, or good....it is just there. The flagship shouldn't be blah, hate it or love it, it should evoke SOMETHING, and for me it doesn't.

The flagship shouldn't be blah, hate it or love it, it should evoke SOMETHING, and for me it doesn't.

i feel this way as well.

jordans, even nike basketball in general, haven't really had the "umph" since the 90s. I guess its going toward performance.

the silhouette of these is basically

View media item 2104448
with kobeish touches lol

shoes are meh, honestly at this point I just them to be performance beasts like the 28 and 29.

I dont see an exposed flight plate so maybe the direction has changed

the presentation will determine if i cop or not because I want to know the specs

not a fan of swoosh placement as they almost certainly do not look like a jordan brand sneaker as all i see if nike placement everywhere

I'm liking the USA colorway... but i wouldn't be surprised if these don't release to the public.

The Olympics run until the end of August, and the 31s are (rumored) to be released in the beginning of September in the Black/Red colorway and one that's called "Fine Print", correct? Can't really see JB/Nike releasing a USA colorway after the Olympics, unless it a "Gold Medal" tribute assuming USA wins the gold.

Back
Top Bottom