The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I'm telling you guys. Gentry touched all product for well over 20's. Being the head of marketing he gave the green light or conceptual worked on every product from Jordan brand for like 25 years. This dude is legit at what he does and is vital in the success of brand Jordan. Since he's left ***** been super trash!

It was trash before he left. Quality on the retros took a nose dive under his watch, hybrids were his doing, there were struggle models under his watch.

Keep Gentry the hell away from anything involving Nike basketball shoes

Last edited:
@Jones I don't agree. Gentry was good, but you make it sound like "he" was JB. Credit him for the ".5 concepts, fusion, nu-retro" those all fell flat...The retro brand is bigger than ever now, I credit the current team for that success.

Last edited:
Shoe could've been legendary had they swallowed their pride and put the Jumpman branding on the heel of the shoe... The giant Logo on the side makes it look like the Jumpman ate half the swoosh

View media item 2104911

So I'm confused. Is it supposed to be a Nike shoe or an air Jordan shoe?? It looks confused and like it can't make up its mind of what it wants it to be. Split personality maybe. Glad I copped my xxx on discount cause at this pace, I can't see anything better coming out for the next few years.

Ready for wednesday 
smokin.gif

It was trash before he left. Quality on the retros took a nose dive under his watch, hybrids were his doing, there were struggle models under his watch.

Keep Gentry the hell away from anything involving Nike basketball shoes

I think what were failing to realize that the Retro business was still fairly new when Jordan Brand began doing the retro concept, and I think quality fell off due to cost margins rising and not totally understanding the foresight of what the retro business would become. Retros were never meant to be the bread and butter of Jordan Brand. It's a performance driven company that places emphasis on innovation.

Gentry along with the team of the 90's and Mid to late 2000's created the most desirable sportswear brand to date. With him at the head of marketing we got a lot of great stuff. The brand as a whole was a whole lot stronger in terms of all aspects of the brand. From Peformancd to lifestyle.

It's just sad that fail to realize what was set into motion. He along with others at Jordan brand pioneered modern day sneaker culture. Every brand has now implemented practices which Jordab Brand put into place.

@Jones I don't agree. Gentry was good, but you make it sound like "he" was JB. Credit him for the ".5 concepts, fusion, nu-retro" those all fell flat...The retro brand is bigger than ever now, I credit the current team for that success.

I agree. Gentry as the head of marketing and others involved at Jordan Brand from the early 90's to about 2010. He took some L's but what about team Jordan back then? What about the Retro Packs? What about the Signature Line? What about the overall state of JB? We're sleeping on this era!

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

I'm telling you guys. Gentry touched all product for well over 20's. Being the head of marketing he gave the green light or conceptual worked on every product from Jordan brand for like 25 years. This dude is legit at what he does and is vital in the success of brand Jordan. Since he's left ***** been super trash!

:wow: This statement is so crazy to me..I remember back when dudes on this very board were calling for Gentry's head....Said he was the death of JB..everything he touched turned to trash :lol:.

By the way, I'm not calling you out by any means brotha...its just so interesting to me what time will do to ones perception. Anyway, back on topic...

These shoes are meh at best. A continual safe play from a design stand point making very minute evolutions from one another....no risk what so ever. Sad really.

If I saw these pics without any context I'd swear this was a new ultra.fly model. Easy pass for me; unless they're excellent performers, in which case I'll wait for a discount.

But check out the side of the shoe. Looks like it's bulging out the side. These remind me of the 2012s from the outside. Inside looks like flyknit chukkas

I'm thinking it has to be a material story to justify the simplicity of the upper. I think it's like bridging the gap from modern performance with knit and traditional materials like leather. I totally believe it's some kind of enginered knit/ leather upper. Bridges the gap from the Jordan 1 to now.
I'm with you.

If I saw these pics without any context I'd swear this was a new ultra.fly model. Easy pass for me; unless they're excellent performers, in which case I'll wait for a discount.

Same here. I don't doubt these will perform, they just look so generic, uninspired. And even if they took that billboard sized Jumpman off of the shoe, all of the empty space in the back seems like a waste, but the huge Jumpman seems like a waste.

Guess I'll scoop up the XXX while it's still on discount and see what JB does with the XXX2. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom