The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Many of the PEs I definitely had to pay some crazy prices for. I've got 9 of Jimmy Butler's 15 pairs, 6 of LaMarcus Aldridge's 9 pairs, and several other scattered PEs (two Jeff Greens, one Bismack Biyombo, one Mike Conley, one Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, one Monta Ellis, one Greg Monroe, a bunch of college PEs, and a few others that all JB athletes got.)

Dont take this the wrong way( 31s are clean as hell got 5 pair myself) but why the 31s and not a different model? Or some holy grail status type stuff. Just curious, or do you just like the shoe that much?

Dont take this the wrong way( 31s are clean as hell got 5 pair myself) but why the 31s and not a different model? Or some holy grail status type stuff. Just curious, or do you just like the shoe that much?

It's a fair question. I just fell in love with them right off the bat (they're top 5 or even top 3 for me) and I'd always wanted to take one shoe and try to collect as many different pairs of them as I could and these just hit at the right time in my life. Plus I'm too late to build a collection of 13 PEs or 12 PEs as those are all suuuuuuuuuper expensive so I just went with these, haha.

It's amazing to see how far along the AJ 32 has come as far as releases to date. Very impressive my man.

Played ball in royals today for the 1st time. Not bad. No slipping problems either.

I’ve played in 31s a fair amount and from my experience it comes down to certain courts they are slippery and others there’s no issue. Traction was the only weakness IMO , otherwise these were amazing. There’s one court I play at where I know these are good to go so I still hoop in mine but other places I can’t do it

Got these Andre Drummonds yesterday. Size 18.5!

He wore 31s in one half of one game last year and this is that game worn pair! So clean.

C338C419-43C2-48FC-925A-9106490FFD28.jpeg
89BB857C-288E-4015-822F-A9D2BE280738.jpeg
87810DE0-26B7-4581-81C8-967CE9B44856.jpeg

Damn Yrok that’s awesome! Is that your only game worn pair? Congrats btw

Thanks! Probably 4 of my Jimmy Butler pairs are game worn (one of them is dual-signed) and my Bismack Biyombo pair is game worn and dual-signed also. I believe my Greg Monroe pair is game worn also. This one is extra special to me though because I'm a massive Pistons fan and I've had season tickets for a few years now. He wore this pair in one half of one game and it was the only time he wore 31s and I wouldn't have even known about them if I hadn't been at the game.

Insoles still in? I know a lot of dudes remove them

Haha good question! The insoles were removed unfortunately but his replacement insoles were actually still inside them.

Alright here’s a Jimmy Butler PE that I think is pretty interesting. It’s basically a “Reverse Chicago” PE, I guess? It still has the Chi logo behind the tongue but instead of a white toe it has a black toe and instead of a clear red outsole with the Chicago skyline it has a solid red outsole with the Chicago skyline on the insole.

6C204FFC-F5FC-46D9-91A6-C5BB8F9AC5CC.jpeg
E632715D-679A-40E8-A5B3-D7C84D412B52.jpeg
7343EEEE-3B79-4979-80E0-B94A76C1A680.jpeg
3DEFD914-ED7B-41B8-8C28-E6AECCAA7DFC.jpeg
7B3C9F4A-7B8A-49C1-89C4-FA20753C1D0A.jpeg
D560F5D7-AC77-4799-826F-31857EFAA26F.jpeg
AB51DCBB-BB1B-434E-AA12-956B1412ECF7.jpeg
9B39C3DB-598D-4E10-AA25-8C9837E6A5EB.jpeg
661B7B06-A37F-4719-A0E9-0C0EC701E2A1.jpeg
EC2C0CFC-CE3C-4CCA-AFD2-DAF9C6B4DCF2.jpeg

need to track down a pair of the cyber monday premiums before im done with this model.

Kinda hard to come across for a decent resale price...

His replacement insoles as in the game worn? I always wondered what those were like.

These particular ones are just generic cheap insoles. Not even sure why he replaced them. They have grips on them to keep your feet from sliding around but that’s about it.

Respect on your xxxi PE’s.

You do this for basketball models in general or you just like the xxxis like that?

Respect on your xxxi PE’s.

You do this for basketball models in general or you just like the xxxis like that?

Thanks! I absolutely love the XXXIs, more than any model since maybe the XIIIs? If I had money back when the XII and XIII PEs were all on the market I would have done a similar thing but with those models. The XXXI happened to hit at a time where I was doing well in life and could afford it and that combined with my love for the design made them a good choice. These are the only model I'll probably ever collect like this unless I really love a future model a lot.

I feel you.

I went in on the xxxi's too. they def caught me by surprise. even though theyre inspired by the 1's, theyre def their own shoe imo. I loved the design. hadn't liked a Jordan model since the XXIII's.

I actually caught on pretty late in the shoes run. I was able to grab the all of mine on deep sale.

also don't remember a shoe that had as many FIRE PE's as these. the aesthetic/tooling of these allowed for some dope color blocking...

long live XXXI's...

Anyone in the Greater Chicago area knows where I might still be able to grab a pair of 31Lows Chicago CW? I only read the very positive review from schwollo today, and quite regret that I didn't cop a pair when I saw them a few times in the outlets past few months. Now they are almost gone and Footlocker is selling them at originally price which is crazy, and they don't even have my size (9.5) anymore... Sucks...

Back
Top Bottom