The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I legit woke up considering writing JB a letter along the lines of:

You need to have some of your staff market research on blogs, we're pretty much all saying the same thing; do away with that jumpman, FIX IT!

I think these will sell.

In this pic where u cant really see the swoosh they look much better

still tho if u remove the logo theyre still uninspired to me.
i mean theyre an ok looking hoop shoe but were talking abkut air jordans.

look at 11 thru 14. The logo for the most part is an afterthought. The shoes were all something we had never seen before.

I cant explain it but there is a somewhat recognizable difference between a signature and non signature model....especially jordans.

these look like a flyknit nike hoops shoe.

Take the jumpman off these aint memorable.
All this right here. When I think of the new Air Jordan I think of something completely different whether that's good or bad. This just looks like every other Jordan basketball shoe that they have out right now. They could have called it the Megafly or the Jumpy Jump and we wouldn't know the difference. I mean look at the 28, that was hideous to me, but man was it different than anything they had ever done.

I think these will sell.

In this pic where u cant really see the swoosh they look much better

View media item 2107873
still tho if u remove the logo theyre still uninspired to me.
i mean theyre an ok looking hoop shoe but were talking abkut air jordans.

look at 11 thru 14. The logo for the most part is an afterthought. The shoes were all something we had never seen before.

I cant explain it but there is a somewhat recognizable difference between a signature and non signature model....especially jordans.

these look like a flyknit nike hoops shoe.

Take the jumpman off these aint memorable.

The problem is that nowadays a lot of younger people haven't seen or don't remember MJ EVER playing a game of basketball. That said, they do recognize the brand by the iconic Jumpman logo (and likely own some products) so they are ironically more familiar with and have a connection with the Jumpman logo itself as opposed to MJ. It's kind of sad but if the brand wants long term success they have to think past SOLELY the MJ connection to every model.

Look at Converse and the Chuck Taylor line.. There is literally not a single person alive who has watched the dude play but the brand marketed the All-Star line really well and turned the line into something so much more ironic than Chuck Taylor himself.

I guarantee you that in the 2070s, when nobody is alive (or few who actually are) who actually watched MJ in his glory days, Nike will still want to have Jordan Brand be relevant because of all their past investment behind the brand.

Last edited:
I've thought more on these.

The backward facing Jumpman on the left shoe really bothers me.

The overall design drawing from the AJ1 so is just a lazy decision.

As a standalone/Jordan 1 for the new generation these are a fine shoe. As the Jordan XXXI? Not at all.

Like I have said, a good colorway helps. With the 30, I like the "Bred" colorway after not being completely sold. Also, I like the "Legend Blue" 29. I don't personally think you need to completely "revamp" a model everytime. Progression isn't always bad. I might ruffle some feathers here, but look at the 10s and 11s.....different materials and stuff but you can see some of the progression of the lines and details between the two models. I have no problem with looking back at the 1s for design inspiration, and they did almost a great job, but it just seems like they tried a little too hard. With a few tweaks it would have been a day one pickup. Ohh well.....you can't own them all.

They've already designed the XXXVIIIs. Along with bringing back the Aquas.

image.jpg

air-jordan-8.0-black-bright-concord-aquatone-01-570x380.jpg

:rofl:

Already checked the no box on the poll, which isn't to be the dude to pop in on a thread to slander appreciate the effort, for me it's a resounding pass
Magic giff

Welp, I guess i'll be up for another 30 minutes 
nthat.gif
 Always enjoy your commentary. 

Welp, I guess i'll be up for another 30 minutes :nthat:  Always enjoy your commentary. 

Haha. It's more podcast style so you can listen at work if that does it for you. Apologize for the length but I didn't want to do a brand new video when I already had the periscope footage right after the livestream event. We know more now.

@MJO23DAN   All good! Thanks for the content. The shoes are growing on me too. I think the combo of tech is pretty awesome. I don't mind all the logos.  I just wish they reversed the wings logo and the jm logo from medial to lateral. (wings on the outside) Other than that its cool. 

Last edited:
Lol. Just watched this not too long ago. Thanks for the content man. 

No problem. Just a discussion and a perspective. We all have yet to see much more details of the shoe. Especially in hand. I really want to see a total breakdown of the design. I feel like Tate should've talked more about this during the presentation.

No problem. Just a discussion and a perspective. We all have yet to see much more details of the shoe. Especially in hand. I really want to see a total breakdown of the design. I feel like Tate should've talked more about this during the presentation.
Agreed. I can tell these will more than likely be performance beasts on court for sure. Idk. Still holding hope that a certain colorway will make these better on the eyes for me. Till then, just bought some stealth XXX's that I'm looking forward to hitting the courts with. 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom