The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

What ? The cheaper is materials is why I wouldn't pay that price tag .

My question was also more directed to how will these sell? How have the 29s and 30s sold? did they hit the outlets ? I have no evidence to back this up but it seems like there isn't a high demand for these later models , IMO. Which is why JB resorted to this banned gimmick on these .

Ok I will answer this post one thing as a time ....

1. Asking asking if a shoe hit outlets as a measurement of how is sold isnt logical. Every single model will hit an outlet it just depends on the colorway.

2. Saying you wont pay $185 because of the materials used doesnt make much since considering it has forefoot and heel zoom cushioning. Not to mention flyknit and leather, also look at the martket and see what oyher shoes with the same materials are going for as well ask what the price was of past jordan sig shoes.
3. Now to get to your "banned gimmick " comment. It makes perfect since since many ppl ( I assume on this site) had no clue of that history of the jordan 1 shoe so since this is a shoe paying homage to the jordan 1. Are you old enough to remember the shoe was banned and jordan got fined every game he wore them?

Last edited:
Ok I will answer this post one thing as a time ....

1. Asking asking if a shoe hit outlets as a measurement of how is sold isnt logical. Every single model will hit an outlet it just depends on the colorway.

2. Saying you wont pay $185 because of the materials used doesnt make much since considering it has forefoot and heel zoom cushioning. Not to mention flyknit and leather, also look at the martket and see what oyher shoes with the same materials are going for as well ask what the price was of past jordan sig shoes.
3. Now to get to your "banned gimmick " comment. It makes perfect since since many ppl ( I assume on this site) had no clue of that history of the jordan 1 shoe so since this is a shoe paying homage to the jordan 1. Are you old enough to remember the shoe was banned and jordan got fined every game he wore them?

Lol please teach me more . I'm 28 .So, technically no ,but I haven't been living under a rock my entire life. Every model hits outlets? That's news to me , especially bred color ways . Currys aren't fetching $185, Kyries, Lebron soldier, or any Kds that were on FNL aren't either. But that was just a quick look. Idk all the differences in technology but I doubt it is a 55-60$ difference

Putting banned on the soles is a gimmick. Not sure how that relates to him being fined but please tell me. You coming off as the all knowing being on this site is doing the exact opposite of what you're trying to do.

It's been discussed but the leather is more likely a synthetic type due to the "bonding" or transition from flyknit to "leather". I'm sure YOU know though :rolleyes

Also, i just paid $240 for a shoe with 1990 technology so I don't get the correlation from past pricing to today or vice versa but ok. I play pick up games and in local half *** rec leagues so if JB is really going to be reimagining his line going forward I'll tune back in for the XXXIIIs.

Nothing compared to people paying over 200 bucks for some retros with nike logo slapped on them.
In the end it's that much worth depending on how much you want something.

100 a shoe isn't really that bad to me. 400 a shoe is. I mean left shoe (or) right shoe. I'm gonna buy them too but at the right valuation. People are the reason, these prices are the way they are.

You see the prices came down, because people aren't buying shoes at the hiked up prices.

hows the sizing on these? for those who have tried them on hows the fit? Traction/lockdown/cushion?

Anything past the 14s have been garbage to me.  Maybe the 28/29s make the grade.

Just don't really expect the Jordan Brand to be the platform where the latest and more innovative technologies are implemented.  For me JB is more a fashion brand.

IMO just keep sticking to retros and apparel.  Their new kicks are just ugly.  Each to their own.

Nike needs to concept more innovative technology, the way I see it, UA and Adidas will be having a big season with fresh new designs and technologies.

As a person that remembers begging for the Nike Air Jordan I in my local department stores in the mid-80s, I really do like the XXXI for obvious reasons. They did a great job "hiding" the latest technology in a classic package. I can't say that I'm crazy about any of the colorways so far; just have to wait for them all to release before I make a decision.

As a person that remembers begging for the Nike Air Jordan I in my local department stores in the mid-80s, I really do like the XXXI for obvious reasons. They did a great job "hiding" the latest technology in a classic package. I can't say that I'm crazy about any of the colorways so far; just have to wait for them all to release before I make a decision.

Mostly all this. I kinda like the 31. I just feel they didn't exactly get the branding right. Maybe looking back at the 1s in that regard a little more I would have probably bought them first day. I think I like these more than the 1s.....almost. I just don't think you need a swoosh and a big Jump man oddly places for people to know what this shoe is.part of me still hoping they release a special edition or other gimmick that has better logo placement

hows the sizing on these? for those who have tried them on hows the fit? Traction/lockdown/cushion?

Don't know about the lockdown, or traction, but I sent Russ Bengtson a message on his IG when he posted his "on feet" pic of the Banned XXXI. He said TTS. Wish I had more answers. Hope this helps. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I think this is a defining moment for JB (no pun intended). Aside from most of the poor quality retros they flooded the market with, JB's performance footwear actually have been progressing and been ahead of the pack for quite some time now ex: CP3s, Melo's, SuperFlys, cleats/spikes (football, baseball, golf), AJ29s & the AJ30s. Yes, the performance footwear does not match the asthetic appeal quite like the retro line, but the XXXI is a positive step in that direction; keeping tech at the forefront while revitalizing the off-court appeal with the use of MJs history.

The "banned" and "usa" CWs are great for the model. I wish they would stay away from the loud cw's like the "Rio's".

With that said, I wouldn't mind grabbing a pair for on court use. Let's hope they do a good job with CWs.

Back
Top Bottom