The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Neither china nor Vietnam are 3rd world countries nor development countries.
First of all 3rd world does not mean poverty but that they neither follow capitalism (1) nor communinsm (2).
We know that both china and vietnam are hybrid of capitalism and communism which makes them actually being 1.5 world countries if you want to use such term.
Chinas GDP is among the top 3 world wide by the way!
The fastest computer in the World is even built by the Chinese.
I think many people stopped following the status of China after the 1990s...
Basically, what you're saying is, China can rule the world?

Neither china nor Vietnam are 3rd world countries nor development countries.
First of all 3rd world does not mean poverty but that they neither follow capitalism (1) nor communinsm (2).
We know that both china and vietnam are hybrid of capitalism and communism which makes them actually being 1.5 world countries if you want to use such term.
Chinas GDP is among the top 3 world wide by the way!
The fastest computer in the World is even built by the Chinese.
I think many people stopped following the status of China after the 1990s...
What 3rd world means for most people has shifted away from the capitalism and communism definition. Secondly, building the fastest computer or having a large GDP is irrelevant.

The conditions faced by the factory workers making these Nikes are most certainly what many people would consider third world. 

Last edited:
Basically, what you're saying is, China can rule the world?
That's too far fetched. But whar i read here is obvious that some don't have any idea what china has become in past decade.
Living standard and salaries increased so it is normal that companies like nike look for cheaper manufacturing countries.
They did that before and will keep on doing it.

On a side note, I'm told there's some samples out there where they've color matched the jumpman on the sides with the synthetic leather, while the swoosh retained the dominant color of the woven. Those sound straight flames!! Hoping to get solid confirmation on upcoming mockups, maybe some of the Ekins can update us.

Last edited:
You guys notice how the 30s and 31s aren't made in China anymore and now produced in Vietnam? The 29s were produced in China.
I'm noticing even more stuff other than Nike being Made somewhere else these days. I'm guessing Nike is just being prepared if China goes to War they have other places to manufacture their goods

I'm noticing even more stuff other than Nike being Made somewhere else these days. I'm guessing Nike is just being prepared if China goes to War they have other places to manufacture their goods

Woah, Woah, Woah. What do you mean if China goes to war? If they do the United States sure better be on their side.

The only thing Nike is preparing for is bringing manufacturing back to the states. Robots are the future.

Here's just one article. A big move after G20 (September) and before the U.S. Presidential Elections to show they're a true super power. I think it'll happen soon, they have been making small moves through out the last 2 to 5 years.  http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...-make-big-move-the-south-china-starting-17350
I knew they were a Super Power but I thought that we had decent relations with them. Also if they are planning something then this could change the whole world. 

Very flexible. Looks sleeker when laced up and tied, than most "out of box" pics will show. Very light weight shoe. Not bulky or restrictive at all.
Nice pic! This one and a shot of Kustoo are the best shots i've seen of the Banneds' so far. The back collar remind me of the XVIIs. Sleek

they feel incredible

played 3 games in em today, already like em better than the 30s.  for one, not a pain in the *** to slide your foot into, choking your foot out with your own socks.

Back
Top Bottom