The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Good to hear. I'm may try to pick some up when they hit the outlets.
roll.gif

I think ill pick up a pair to try when they go on a good sale since they are lower to the ground supposedly.

How low is the midsole compared to the KD 9? Which does the full length zoom better?

:rofl:

I think ill pick up a pair to try when they go on a good sale since they are lower to the ground supposedly.

How low is the midsole compared to the KD 9? Which does the full length zoom better?

Just from trying both on, the 31s feel lower to the ground and also "softer" when you step whereas the KD9s definitely have more spring to them.

I feel like the 31s are the superior shoe because they fit me better and I also like being closer to the ground.

Last edited:
Just from trying both on, the 31s feel lower to the ground and also "softer" when you step whereas the KD9s definitely have more spring to them.

I feel like the 31s are the superior shoe because they fit me better and I also like being closer to the ground.
Sounds good. I'll be copping a pair when they go on sale. I couldn't mess with the xx8 or xx9 because I prefer being lower like in a kobe, Didn't even try the 30 becuz I excepted the same

Was playing Overwatch so sorry to the few that PMd me. I replied to one guy, waiting for him to respond back. I'll give him a bit and then move on to the next.

I forgot to mention that the code EXPIRES TODAY.

Last edited:
:23 mark, did NW say the traction (of the XXXI) doesn't perform as bad as the XXXI's traction?  Am I tripping here?

He said that.

Man, IDK about these now.

That was something I thought about, how unstable it looked like a protruding platform and he just confirmed my thoughts.

We'll see when I get a chance to play ball.

Last edited:
NW review got me on the fence about hooping in these. My Kobe Xs are still getting the job done :nthat:

Seen some guy rocking USA color today for casual wear, they looked sick!

Hope I can snag that or any xx1 at discount soon. 

Don't let nw review make u not want the shoe.... I mean have u seen him play ball? Lol! I don't no why people take these reviews so serious. Everybody is different. I'm 32 so I didn't have reviews to look at back in the day when I wanted a balling shoe. Im def getting a pair.

This.
I remember NW mentioning in the aj2011 review that the traction of the them at the forefoot was an issue for him.
I played on the 2011 indoor and outdoor and had no issues at all with them when i comes to traction /grip.
The only issue i agree with NW is that the anklesupport of the 2011s could be better :smile:
Westbrook seem to like the xxx1 and we know how explosive his game is.
Traction might only be an issue when playing on dusty indoor floors.
But then most shoes slip seriously. And you even dont need to make crossovers to slip then.
On dusty floors i slipped in my aj6, 11 even when making a normal fast step.

I don't always agree with NWs reviews but if you truly, TRULY just want to rely on buying every shoe you want to play basketball in without any other reference then you can easily not watch his or any other reviews out there. Test them out for yourself. With that said, not everyone could buy every basketball shoes out there to play with and not everyone has the chance to play and return a pair of shoes so that is what these guys becomes helpful.

At the end of the day, NW or KG or SB aren't exactly professionals basketball players and their type of play and body type may not exactly be similar to yours and everyone's feet are different but they do provide a reference and point of view that everyone has a choice to listen to or not.

To me, I know the specifics of my foot (wide w/ high instep) and what type I am looking for so by reading or watching reviews, I can at least narrow down what I should check out.

Plus they tend to explain the tech in shoes, they go in depth so you kind of know what you're buying at least, especially if you're too lazy to google the shoes itself or the manufacturer just do not explain their own techs the right way, these guys clears it up and that's always a good thing.

And back then there may not have been youtube but there sure was Kicksology and those reviews were always fun to read.

I don't always agree with NWs reviews but if you truly, TRULY just want to rely on buying every shoe you want to play basketball in without any other reference then you can easily not watch his or any other reviews out there. Test them out for yourself. With that said, not everyone could buy every basketball shoes out there to play with and not everyone has the chance to play and return a pair of shoes so that is what these guys becomes helpful.

At the end of the day, NW or KG or SB aren't exactly professionals basketball players and their type of play and body type may not exactly be similar to yours and everyone's feet are different but they do provide a reference and point of view that everyone has a choice to listen to or not.

To me, I know the specifics of my foot (wide w/ high instep) and what type I am looking for so by reading or watching reviews, I can at least narrow down what I should check out.

Plus they tend to explain the tech in shoes, they go in depth so you kind of know what you're buying at least, especially if you're too lazy to google the shoes itself or the manufacturer just do not explain their own techs the right way, these guys clears it up and that's always a good thing.

And back then there may not have been youtube but there sure was Kicksology and those reviews were always fun to read.

Agree. And repped for Professor K reference

Ugh guys....nightwing, kicks genius and pretty much all basketball reviewers are the absolute bottom of the barrell when it comes to shoe reviews.

From a technical aspect runners and even soccer boot reviewers absolutely kill these guys.

Then there is don and sammy lee who god bless them dont even bother to look up things like stack height and heel toe drop and start making up words like " boost elevation".

At the end of the day nightwings page is filled with the exact same ads as sole collector. He is just another person who has made his living trying to play both sides of the fence.

dont hate these guys because they dont like a shoe you have high hopes for.
Hate them because they literally only exist because people want to put links in their description

I enjoy Nightwing's reviews even though I don't agree with them all of the time. He and KG dislike the Kobe 10s and Jordan 30s and I like both of those shoes, and I'm also not a big Flyweave fan on these and NW is (the pair I tried on seemed slightly frayed). It's all opinion-based on how a person feels in the shoes and their playing style. The best way to give yourself a review is to wear and play in the shoes yourself. Just like someone mentioned earlier after I agreed with NW on these feeling similar to the 18s and they disagreed. Take it all with a grain of salt.  

Definite rep for the Kicksology/Professor K reference. That was the go-to back in the day for performance reviews and great pics for shoes. 

NW is my favorite sneaker channel/performance reviewer out because he knows a lot about the tech and the construction of the shoe and presents it all in an entertaining and informing style.

You don’t need to be the best player to have an opinion on the performance of a shoe. That’s like asking how you can coach a basketball team if you weren’t a great player. The GOAT averaged 2 points a game as a player. Additionally, I see reviews and feedback from dozens of people on here who could be trash players themselves but just don’t have the platform to be criticized for it.

I’m still grabbing these despite the negatives NW listed. I didn’t feel that instability he mentioned when I tried these on in store. He mentioned the suspect traction, but IIRC gave the D Lillard 2s excellent traction ratings and after 3 months of playing in them they’re losing their grip so YMMV.

NW is my favorite sneaker channel/performance reviewer out because he knows a lot about the tech and the construction of the shoe and presents it all in an entertaining and informing style.

You don’t need to be the best player to have an opinion on the performance of a shoe. That’s like asking how you can coach a basketball team if you weren’t a great player. The GOAT averaged 2 points a game as a player. Additionally, I see reviews and feedback from dozens of people on here who could be trash players themselves but just don’t have the platform to be criticized for it.

I’m still grabbing these despite the negatives NW listed. I didn’t feel that instability he mentioned when I tried these on in store. He mentioned the suspect traction, but IIRC gave the D Lillard 2s excellent traction ratings and after 3 months of playing in them they’re losing their grip so YMMV.
I agree on the Lillard 2s. While I loved the Bounce cushioning, the traction sucked for me out the gate and to the point that I gave them away, but each person has their own experience. I didn't feel the instability in the XXXI as well when I tried them on in stores, but NW is cautious based on sharp lateral cuts that you make in these, which in theory I could see with on how the unlocked zoom is carved out throughout the shoe. 

I agree on the Lillard 2s. While I loved the Bounce cushioning, the traction sucked for me out the gate and to the point that I gave them away, but each person has their own experience. I didn't feel the instability in the XXXI as well when I tried them on in stores, but NW is cautious based on sharp lateral cuts that you make in these, which in theory I could see with on how the unlocked zoom is carved out throughout the shoe. 
I think Lillard two traction was good in clean not so good in anything else as well

Back
Top Bottom