The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

:lol: what happened to the day 1 crew?
when its sometung i want bad, its day 1 always. this is actually my first pair of 31s. my big preference is early retros in og colorways. i even got up on release day of the billy hoyles and paid full retail. i was the only one there for that shoe lol. everyone else wanted the shadows that released that day. if theres deals on shoes i dont really need, but like. then i will cop. when its something u want bad, dont let urself wait in hopes of a deal. u might miss out. its like a fine female walkin bye, talk to her, cuz the next guy will scoop her up and ur opportunity for something u want is gone.

Last edited:
copped the last size 11 ASg's for 89 dollars with a FL rewards plus no tax im hype, I wanted these BAD
i was hype about paying 125. u crushed me. nice come up. im still happy with 125. but, 88??

:lol: what happened to the day 1 crew?
on ASG day 1 i ended up scoring the ASG 1's off SNKRS so i said "welp, i know ill catch the 31's on sale eventually" and I was pretty much right lol.

:lol: I was referring to my man and his speak on how we ain't into cheap shoes, how he's a man with money, and how he's about the day 1 crew.

laugh.gif
what happened to the day 1 crew?
Oh no, this has migrated over to the XXXI thread? 
roll.gif

when its sometung i want bad, its day 1 always. this is actually my first pair of 31s. my big preference is early retros in og colorways. i even got up on release day of the billy hoyles and paid full retail. i was the only one there for that shoe lol. everyone else wanted the shadows that released that day. if theres deals on shoes i dont really need, but like. then i will cop. when its something u want bad, dont let urself wait in hopes of a deal. u might miss out. its like a fine female walkin bye, talk to her, cuz the next guy will scoop her up and ur opportunity for something u want is gone.
This is similar to what I was saying my mindset is. I'm all in for discos but I don't usually skip the handful of shoes I still really want at this point and then hope to catch them on sale down the road. I don't have an exact rule on it, basically just depends how I feel at the time and what my read is on the release in question. Sometimes my gut tells me that waiting it out is going to become a headache of uncertainty that will annoy me more than paying full retail. But I have bought several pairs on discount during the past months: Talarias, Spiridon Ultras just the other day, a random find of bamboo Spirimics, Air Max BW, stuff like that. Usually it's all good to me whichever way it turns out.

Last edited:
:lol: I was referring to my man and his speak on how we ain't into cheap shoes, how he's a man with money, and how he's about the day 1 crew.

Lol, man u couldnt have misinterpreted what i said amymore than u did. NONE of us are in to cheap shoes. cheap sgoes dont cost 100, 200, 300 dollars. they cost 50 or less. are u into cheap shoes? being that ur a moderator on niketalk, i woild have to guess no. i never ever said i was a mam with money. actually, i explained that i work my 40+ hour weeks and reward myself with sneakers, after bills are paid lol. and, i do cop on day one a lot of times. because i usually only buy shoes i really want. u only live once my man. dont wait for things to happen...Just Do It

Oh no, this has migrated over to the XXXI thread? :rofl:

This is similar to what I was saying my mindset is. I'm all in for discos but I don't usually skip the handful of shoes I still really want at this point and then hope to catch them on sale down the road. I don't have an exact rule on it, basically just depends how I feel at the time and what my read is on the release in question. Sometimes my gut tells me that waiting it out is going to become a headache of uncertainty that will annoy me more than paying full retail. But I have bought several pairs on discount during the past months: Talarias, Spiridon Ultras just the other day, a random find of bamboo Sprimics, Air Max BW, stuff like that. Usually it's all good to me whichever way it turns out
well, at least someone gets it

Lol, man u couldnt have misinterpreted what i said amymore than u did. NONE of us are in to cheap shoes. cheap sgoes dont cost 100, 200, 300 dollars. they cost 50 or less. are u into cheap shoes? being that ur a moderator on niketalk, i woild have to guess no. i never ever said i was a mam with money. actually, i explained that i work my 40+ hour weeks and reward myself with sneakers, after bills are paid lol. and, i do cop on day one a lot of times. because i usually only buy shoes i really want. u only live once my man. dont wait for things to happen...Just Do It

:lol: it's just funny to read because you were going so hard for the retail stuff.

:lol: it's just funny to read because you were going so hard for the retail stuff.

i do go hard for lots of retail stuff. like i said. i want it i get it....if i can. theres some shoes i miss out on. not like i said "resale crew or die". i like paying retail. doesnt make me a baller, or less of a sneaker head then neone else in here. i mean, props to u if u get all ur shoes on disco. u must have a bomb connect

well, at least someone gets it
laugh.gif
it's just funny to read because you were going so hard for the retail stuff.
Truly I totally understand what you're both saying. @bigj505  I get your point about having so many shoes, you don't always need to jump on some things at this point since you aren't going to wear them for months, anyway. Personally, I've got more pairs than I even know what to do with, but when I get a new pair I've been wanting for some time, they go straight to my feet even if it's just to wear in the house for a few days. It's pretty juvenile, actually, but then again, even caring about sneakers as much as I do at my age probably seems pretty juvenile to a lot of people. You're also right about being able to save money on most stuff lately if you hold off, but I see that sometimes @Coach Js  and I can't help ourselves lol. 

Maybe I never should've explained why I bought those 16s on day one in the first place 
roll.gif

Last edited:
:lol: all is good. Just poking fun.

That said.... the royal 31s could be had for the low..... but it's other shoes on my immediate hit list :frown:

i do go hard for lots of retail stuff. like i said. i want it i get it....if i can. theres some shoes i miss out on. not like i said "resale crew or die". i like paying retail. doesnt make me a baller, or less of a sneaker head then neone else in here. i mean, props to u if u get all ur shoes on disco. u must have a bomb connect

And naw I don't get all of my shoes on discount. I was just explaining that the climate has changed and that many shoes could be had for below retail but there are certainly outliers.

And naw I don't get all of my shoes on discount. I was just explaining that the climate has changed and that many shoes could be had for below retail but there are certainly outliers.
we all play the sneaker game diff man. im sure noone in the world can argue a good deal. i like deals too, but i lov kix lol

Last edited:

Looks like it won't let me stack 10SUMMER100 with a $20 winners circle reward.  Are there any free shipping codes out there that might stack?  I'm trying to be cheap haha.
That's because the $20 takes it below 100, so then the coupon doesn't apply.

I ran into that about a month ago - took me a bit to figure out why it was happening.  So WC changes the price on which discounts are taken/eligible.

Found an size 11 in FTL on the USAs, on sale $119 today...but I'm size 10-10.5 :-( I had em stock locate but they said they couldn't order/find anything... must be all sold out, mega bummed

That's because the $20 takes it below 100, so then the coupon doesn't apply.

I ran into that about a month ago - took me a bit to figure out why it was happening.  So WC changes the price on which discounts are taken/eligible.
Heh yea that makes sense.  So I guess can add a $10 item and add the 10SUMMER100 code basically just making the $10 add on free.

I want to ask anyone who has the ASG colorway. I have several different colors of the XXXIs (Banned, USA, SJ, Chitown, Blacktoe, Royal, Why Not, and the ASG. They are all size 11 and all fit the same EXCEPT the ASG. For some reason, they are more snug than the rest. I haven't worn them yet and may have to remove the insole to be able to wear them. Are they more snug because of the pattern on the Flyknit (honeycomb)? Just wanted to ask if it was just this pair or of others had the same issue? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
interesting though I don't like it that the heel on the rights blue and the lefts red

I like that they moved the logos on the heel though

Back
Top Bottom