[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Im satisfied with not having heard 11 outta those 18 songs and thats not counting what the new DIAND turns out to sound like and I only watched Runaway once so the snippets arent embedded into my brain already

Monster prolly be the weakest song on the album...I fuggs w See me Now tho

So are 18 songs good enough for you guys? I believe there are 10 songs I havent heard to go along with the songs that I have already heard and like for the most part (see me now was ehhh, lets see how 'Ye changed it up).

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

So why even promote ANY afro-centric ideal?

Don't demote my post as "pseudo-intellectual" when you know damn well I was just explaining why Kanye even said that. Kanye is pro-black. Point blank. I'm defining what he meant by that.

Second of all your comment suggests that anything that sounds remotely like what kanye said in those two lines speaks to something most black people should not embrace and is pointless to reflect on but yet ya'll are the same ones touting DISTANT RELATIVES (which i'm a fan of) as Album of the Year and compiling threads of afrocentric ideals and symbols when it has the SAME messages. GTFOHWTBS
eyes.gif
Nah fam you either get it or you don't. I don't think I'm better than one person because they've grown up or adopted a different culture for a dumb reason or not just because they're black and they should be embodying this afrocentric ideal. You either with it or you not. It's not for every black person. There's the other various choices, black American culture (the choice many slaves and immediate descendants of slaves chose), and then looking in to your roots. My comment doesn't suggest one should not embrace the former for the latter. More like you should be fine with what you choose and be comfortable with that choice. You promote the ideal for those who subscribe to it.

I aint looking at two black sistas with "white" names thinking "Damn she never had a chance. The struggle is endless even her mother was conditioned to make sure her daughters fit in." Ye's line was pretty shallow trying to be deep. @#$++ aint special cuz his name Kanye. Should I think it's messed up cuz I meet two Asian chicks named Kelly and Brittney, thinking it should be Sakura and Chun Li? But feel some type of way cuz of a black girl I met named Elizabeth? Like really c'mon son.

This isnt meant to be a debate.

Its a dope line. Ya'll ain't understand it, so I broke it down. I don't care (and no one else does either) if you agree with what he said or not, thats what he meant and where he was coming from.

That brings up the point though. If Nas or Lupe or Common or Talib or even Malice/Pusha-T said it, ya'll would be dropping entire google image searches and links to wikipedia pages on some lesser known pro-black commentary. So like I said, Its a dope line.

Looking forward to the album. Only heard power, power rmx, and monster.

10 tracks I didn't hear yet!!! I only listened to the GOOD Friday tracks and his singles.. I'm sure the GOOD Friday songs will be different.

Can't wait
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not even hyped for this !!$! anymore to be honest...

...hopefully he gives me a reason to get excited again, but right now I'm zonin' off Cudi and waitin' on Cee-lo.

^ Amazon pretty much confirmed the first 13 tracks already and I'm assuming Itunes confirmed the bonus tracks.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

glad about the new bonus tracks

but some of you dudes is wild

i'm not gonna say i'm too exited about the tracklist, but dudes been giving us free music every week for about 2 months and will continue doing so until Christmas...i'm not mad at all

Remember this is NT where people are never satisfied. EVER
eyes.gif

So if i really buy the CD i will not get Chain Heavy and Momma's BF correct?

Originally Posted by reener

So if i really buy the CD i will not get Chain Heavy and Momma's BF correct?

Right. At least that's what the tracklist above is saying.

At this point, I'm just gonna download the album (not through iTunes) and pass on the buy. Anticipation level is dropping daily.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

So why even promote ANY afro-centric ideal?

Don't demote my post as "pseudo-intellectual" when you know damn well I was just explaining why Kanye even said that. Kanye is pro-black. Point blank. I'm defining what he meant by that.

Second of all your comment suggests that anything that sounds remotely like what kanye said in those two lines speaks to something most black people should not embrace and is pointless to reflect on but yet ya'll are the same ones touting DISTANT RELATIVES (which i'm a fan of) as Album of the Year and compiling threads of afrocentric ideals and symbols when it has the SAME messages. GTFOHWTBS
eyes.gif
Nah fam you either get it or you don't. I don't think I'm better than one person because they've grown up or adopted a different culture for a dumb reason or not just because they're black and they should be embodying this afrocentric ideal. You either with it or you not. It's not for every black person. There's the other various choices, black American culture (the choice many slaves and immediate descendants of slaves chose), and then looking in to your roots. My comment doesn't suggest one should not embrace the former for the latter. More like you should be fine with what you choose and be comfortable with that choice. You promote the ideal for those who subscribe to it.

I aint looking at two black sistas with "white" names thinking "Damn she never had a chance. The struggle is endless even her mother was conditioned to make sure her daughters fit in." Ye's line was pretty shallow trying to be deep. @#$++ aint special cuz his name Kanye. Should I think it's messed up cuz I meet two Asian chicks named Kelly and Brittney, thinking it should be Sakura and Chun Li? But feel some type of way cuz of a black girl I met named Elizabeth? Like really c'mon son.

This isnt meant to be a debate.

Its a dope line. Ya'll ain't understand it, so I broke it down. I don't care (and no one else does either) if you agree with what he said or not, thats what he meant and where he was coming from.

That brings up the point though. If Nas or Lupe or Common or Talib or even Malice/Pusha-T said it, ya'll would be dropping entire google image searches and links to wikipedia pages on some lesser known pro-black commentary. So like I said, Its a dope line.
No it wasn't. No you didn't. It's dope line to you cuz you got some insecure thought about how rapper's are compared lyrically. Any of those #*@*%@ would've caught the same response. If you want to make blanket statements and assumptions go ahead.

even though I was a bit disappointed about the handful of GOOD Friday tracks making the album, I was still kinda looking forward to buying it. but now that I know the bonus tracks are only exclusive to iTunes, there's really no point. I'm prob just gonna download it
ohwell.gif

If you have listened to all the singles and GOOD Fridays and enjoyed them you should feel obligated to support the album.

People are just making excuses because they are cheap.

Why complain about the album when we get new top tier music every week and a collab album with Jay-Z?

We're hearing tracks by CRS
Ye, Mos, and Lupe
Mos, Ye, Raekwon
Push, Ye, John Legend, Cudi, Banks
Ye, Hov and Push
Hov, Ye and Pete Rock

Son made a film....

Do you understand that this is just an amazing time?

Ye is just putting out art regardless of format

Those who are focusing on the album are missing the point, just enjoy the exhibition.

I pre-ordered the deluxe from Amazon and I'll just illegally DL the iTunes bonus tracks. Ever thought of that guys?
laugh.gif
Bunch of people who wasn't gonna buy the CD complaining about what they're gonna get

Originally Posted by awwsome

Why complain about the album when we get new top tier music every week and a collab album with Jay-Z?

We're hearing tracks by CRS
Ye, Mos, and Lupe
Mos, Ye, Raekwon
Push, Ye, John Legend, Cudi, Banks
Ye, Hov and Push
Hov, Ye and Pete Rock

Son made a film....

Ye is just putting out art regardless of format

Those who are focusing on the album are missing the point, just enjoy the exhibition.
Thissssss

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by awwsome

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Exactly.

Then dudes start fiending for Yeezy when he takes time off.

This is easily the best situation his fans EVER had. Twitter rants. WEEKLY NEW TRACKS. Whole new direction musically.

What more can you want?

Back
Top Bottom