THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

My Elite's are a bit tight width wise around the first two eyelets - a few others have stated this as well.

I'm using them for ball only, and still hoping someone can shed some light on whether or not they will stretch a bit after a few wears.

Anyone?
For me personally they did seems to stretch a bit after a few wears. This is based on how it seemed but i dont really have any evidence or facts to back it up. I know that when i got them that they seemed to fit pretty well and after about 6 times wearing them i started sliding a bit.

Ugh attracted something from the bottom of my dad's car seat >: ....do you think sofsole could fix this?

almost anything can clean that...  You don't need something specific. I usually use Woolite diluted 1:6 with warm water when I'm out of Jason Markk. Or try just warm water.

Last edited:

almost anything can clean that...  You don't need something specific. I usually use Woolite diluted 1:6 with warm water when I'm add of Jason Markk. Or even just warm water.
Let me get those size 10 kobes in your avatar 
nthat.gif

I don't think the lunarlon midsole will be affected by not having a mid-foot shank. If anything the lunarlon will be affected by more torsional properties without the shank, not elastic since elastic would be compression. So it would twist more.

Great review but u think you're wrong about the cushioning. The lunarlon in the kobe 9 is denser than the kobe 8 making it a bit more durable. The kobe 9 also has a layer of foam (i think poron) sitting right under the footbed. It's not very thick but it does add another level of cushion that wasn't in the 8.

The laces are the proper length on the EM 9s (hated the long laces on the 8s), but even they are cheap
laugh.gif
After tying up, within 5 minutes they looked like someone took a torch to them. All shriveled up and tangled.

Still damn comfy though.

Navster….bravo for that review and pics bro.  Super solid.  That's the stuff I'm looking for when I come into some of these threads - and to check out the nice new colorways and everyones tight pics.  I've got a ton of 8's- 7 or so that I just rotate and should last me years prob ha as I use them for ball and as my lifting shoes.  

Really good to read a legitimate performance review that addresses some key issues.  I was on the fence about how many 9 lows I was going to try to pick up (hate the highs for a variety of reasons, would not wear if someone gave them to me), as some of the color ways popping up have grown on me a bit.  With your info and some other things I've been hearing I think I'm going to grab the easters and prob one other colorway as there should be some good stuff coming up.  Want to ball indoors in these just for the amazing traction reviews it has been getting.  Went overboard on how many 8's I bought, now time to just get a couple 9 lows, and call it a day.  

Julius' Details certainly seem to have attracted Ashley Judd's 

attention.  No surprise as ladies can't help but fall for hoopers 

living on the Kobe IX wildcat wildside.

Exhibit A.   Alex Poythress jumps on board with the 9s.

Boom!  Next thing you know Beyonce is trying to holla.

Last edited:
Randle in the Details,

just twisted his ankle realllly bad, even with them all the way laced up...

the flyknit doesn't look like it supported him much at all...

kinda worried

Details getting their shine on. Randle rolls ankle. Doesn't remove them, just ties them tighter. Just a testament to the ankle stability and overall greatness of the IX Elite.

I sure if he was wearing a diff shoe he would have done the same. He's competiting to get the championship game

Randle in the Details,
just twisted his ankle realllly bad, even with them all the way laced up...
the flyknit doesn't look like it supported him much at all...
kinda worried

Nah, it wasn't thaaat bad. One can also make the case that it could have been much worse had he not been wearing the Details. At any rate these guys are playing at a higher and different level.

you can roll your ankle landing on someones foot even if you are wearing ankle braces. There's no way flyknit (sock) had a chance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom