THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Ok so the 9s look kinda weird on kobe...maybe its because im just used to seeing him in lows over the past couple years...but from a design stand point i like the shoe a lot....but if i am going to pay that price tag...they better look good casually too....so will wait for on feet pics....

But lets be real.....these.....outstanding!!!!!!!!!

View media item 680320
sorry if wrong thread

Last edited:
I would say visual appeal, then casual.
laugh.gif

There's a giant thread in the retro forum.
Oh okay, my bad.  Didn't think to check there.

my two cents.

I LOVE the entire shoe definitely a cop, cannot wait for the variations of it.

but that tongue 

they remind me of the air mags.. and these dont look like they would last very long on the black top. im just so unsure how i feel about these.

So they've shown the masterpiece with a white sole and with an icy sole. Anyone know which one will release? The white sole ruins it for me.

So they've shown the masterpiece with a white sole and with an icy sole. Anyone know which one will release? The white sole ruins it for me.

I'm hoping the icy sole. I'm probably one of the few but I think these have tremendous casual appeal and these will be used strictly for that.

^ i get you but when picking traction they should really have the consumer in mind, plus i know its random but I hate the lebron 11 traction now

usually kobes shoes perform amazing on the court, VI's were great for basketball all around one of the best and they didnt have herringbone.

the worst shoes IMO were the VII's, just a fail all around in terms of quality and especially performance.

Chill bro lol they are bad but an aight performer, i still mess with mine alot, the traction is real good, but everything else is pretty bad :lol:
I'm glad you both expressed your experiences the the VII as opinions, because the VII were AMAZING on court for me, right up there with the V and 8.

Too many in here express their opinion as fact.

I was hesitant for a bit, but I 'm really coming around to the 9. I agree the tongue is a bit much, but it's got it's own character. The one thing I wish they ported over from the 8 was the wrap-around snake on the shozuku/Kobe logo. Not a terribly huge fan of the midsole (it looks really plastic-like, but I guess more stability is needed given the build of the shoe). Really looking forward to seeing a Laker colorway in this, I think that will determine it for me.

Success or failure, you've got to hand it to Nike for coming out with really fresh designs for the Kobe and Lebron line this year. 

^^^ AND Lebrons??

That was a joke right?

Yeah u was jokin...

This Kobe shoe is in a league of it's own..

Those freshly designed Debrons are not eem being worn by HIM.

So yeah, u were definitely jokin..

I can't wait to see more. I really like these(with jeans)

IMO the 7s were doo doo ... Many others agree, but if they work for you that's what's important.

With VII's, it depended on the colorway, ASG and Cloaks were fire to me.

I wasn't really taking colorways into consideration just speaking from a performance standpoint felt a lot like boxes.

$225 though. nike got that strangle hold on some people's wallets for it to sell anyway. pass on these unless they make a lowtop at a kobe 8 price range. May need to stock up on 8s while i still can.

@lewi1913 I knew you would get them. Just last week you were saying you wouldn't get them at all only the lows because the highs were hideous.

Thank u thank u thank u...

Hideous was the word right..? :lol:

He prolly won't respond tho bcuz, well how could u respond to calling a shoe hideous, then turn right around on the day of unveil and say you're gonna buy a pair..?

And knowing his past transgressions, u can put him down for 5 pairs at the least..

Other naysayers will follow suit and grab some pairs, but won't tell it in here. Bet..

Last edited:
I would rather pay 220-230 for a high-tech flyknit basketball shoe, than 200 for a clunky LJX1.

I would rather pay 220-230 for a high-tech flyknit basketball shoe, than 200 for a clunky LJX1.

:lol: It's the lightest Lebron ever. g-tfoh

Worst Kobe shoe of all time. Coupled with an expensive and bland Lebron sig shoe, damn I'mma save so much money this year.

Last edited:
Im a Brand Jordan head through and through, however when these high Kobe 9's drop, it will be my first cop of ANY Kobes's. These are fire as a HIGH top. Finalllllllly Mr. Avar brought back the high top and the carbon fiber midsole is crazy. Feelin these more than the Lebron XI I must say. :smokin

Last edited:
laugh.gif
It's the lightest Lebron ever. g-tfoh

Worst Kobe shoe of all time. Coupled with an expensive and bland Lebron sig shoe, damn I'mma save so much money this year.

I know its the lightest lebron ever, but when comaring to a flyknit, there is no competition. To each his own I guess, I think this Kobe is going to change basketball footwear forever. Under Armour did it first, but Nike is doing it off of a higher platform.

i feel like the design choice of the "sutures" would have been a lot more meaningful if they only appeared on the left shoe.

I'm guessing this dude never held flyknit before. My trainers and racers literally feel like a sock with a sole on them. I expect the same for these

Oh yes, one more bone to pick.

Where's all the know it alls that were saying this specific model was designed before the injury?

Kinda hard to mimic the sutures on the back of the shoe as a homage to the Achillies injury if it hadn't happened yet..

Once again, where are the big talkers now that the specs are out?

Last edited:
Oh yes, one more bone to pick.

Where's all the know it alls that were saying this shoe was made before the injury?

Kinda hard to mimic the sutures from the back of the shoe as a homage to the Achillies injury if it hadn't happened yet..

Once again, where are the big talkers now that the specs are out?

What are you talking about?

Has it occurred to you that they added those last minute?

He said he got inspiration from pacquiao and his boxing boots.

Kobe visited pacquiao in the Phillipines and say in on one of his training sessions I believe last year or in 2011.

The lines on the back are an homage to his stitches and were added without a doubt last minute. They are most likely purely aesthetically.

Aside from that little detail, this shoe was most likely finished last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom