THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Kobe 5, 6, 8 & 9 lows fit me similar. Just right. Kobe 7 are snug as hell due to how their made.

I'm a size 10.5 in all of the above.

How would you guys rank the following Kobe models? Kobe 7 Prelude, Kobe 8 Prelude, and Kobe 9 Low Premium Philippines?

In a rank 1-3 which ones do you think look best?
The way they LOOK...kobe 7, kobe 8, kobe 9.

prelude 7 is gorgeous but the shoe sucks, and the 9 PP is nothing special really. I have and love the 8, but that's just my opinion.

competed in a triathalon at a grad party (bball, wiffleball, karaoke) and have a grass stain on the toe cap of the details, anyone have any luck removing this from flyknit?

The way they LOOK...kobe 7, kobe 8, kobe 9.

prelude 7 is gorgeous but the shoe sucks, and the 9 PP is nothing special really. I have and love the 8, but that's just my opinion.

Was just wondering. I own all three. Probably my top Kobe's at the moment. I agree with the 7 being the best LOOKING and agree again that they do suck as the rear of the shoe crumbles after so many wears. I still haven't wore my prelude 8s or the 9 premiums. Love the prelude 8 as well other than the tacky silver tongue... The kobe 9 premium is a awesome looking sneaker and constructed very well.

Last edited:

If you're talking about the Kobe 9 elite HIGHS, I would probably go with an 11.5

But if you're wearing them casually, a 12 would probably be fine too. These shoes lock down no matter what, it just depends on how much room you prefer in the toe box.
Yep, talking about the HIGHS.  I think I'll go with the 12, just to be sure that they're not too small. I'm pretty narrow footed though, so hopefully not too big that they'll flop on my feet.
laugh.gif

Has anyone else noticed major "fit" differences in the EM LOWS? My feet are kinda of wide but I never experienced this issue with kobe 5, 6, 7, or 8's.

Bruce Lee- perfect
Easter- little tight but loosened a little after ballin a couple of times!
Crimsons- extremely tight, could hardly tie the shoes, could see my foot on both sides of the tongue
Unleashed- better than the Easters but not exactly the Bruce Lee's either!

I have seen this in certain jordan retros but just curious if anyone else noticed any difference in this series?
In my opinion the EM lows run half a size too big. I had to actually get half a size smaller compared to the Nike Kobe 7 or Nike Kobe 8.

I wear a 10.5 in the 5, 6, 7, & 8. Picked up the Premium lows in a 10.5 and they fit just right for me - balled in them yesterday.
I also picked up the Premium low 9s (Philippines) and I originally purchased my true size and they were a bit too long so I had to size down a half. I will add my feet a regular/narrow (not wide).
For me, that's almost true. I have narrrow to normal feet, too, but when I went .5 down from the 8s, my 3 outer toes felt like they were "riding" on "top" of the Lunaron where it starts the incline at the edge of the sole. 9.5 is better for less heel slippage for me because I don't tie my shoes, but my toes butted up/ridding on the Lunaron bothered me too much, so I stuck with a 10.

Yep, talking about the HIGHS.  I think I'll go with the 12, just to be sure that they're not too small. I'm pretty narrow footed though, so hopefully not too big that they'll flop on my feet.
laugh.gif

Yeah, you'll be fine with a 12. The shoe locks down on the top of your foot right near the ankle, so even if they're big-- your feet won't necessarily slip back and forth. Plus you can always wear some thick socks with them.

Was just wondering. I own all three. Probably my top Kobe's at the moment. I agree with the 7 being the best LOOKING and agree again that they do suck as the rear of the shoe crumbles after so many wears. I still haven't wore my prelude 8s or the 9 premiums. Love the prelude 8 as well other than the tacky silver tongue... The kobe 9 premium is a awesome looking sneaker and constructed very well.
The silver tongue is a little bit weird...but due to the materials, it's also the most comfortable tongue of any kobe 8. So much softer/pliable.

competed in a triathalon at a grad party (bball, wiffleball, karaoke) and have a grass stain on the toe cap of the details, anyone have any luck removing this from flyknit?

The Shout Wipes work wonders, but I've been told they can discolor non-Flyknit materials. I don't think I've tried it on Flyknit yet. Have you tried soap and water? Maybe even try the Shout in a bottle but water it down so it's not as strong?

Man I'm glad I grabbed these heroes I feel like there one of the most slept on 9s defintely a lot better in person. The neutral colors make them easily wearable but still have a lil color to make them pop

View media item 989665

Last edited:
^^^ you got a steal deal. I was surprisingly able to cop my size on NDC Friday morning via mobile LTE. The resale on these I don't see going under $300 shipped. It's a hyped 'limited US' release. I'd compare the hype similar to some prelude models including resale. Once all the sizes get soaked up on eBay I can totally see the value go up. The Kobe 9 Low premium 'Philippines' are absolutely beautiful and the quality is on point. One of my best sneaker cops of late.

I got a size 8 pair of Philippines Kobe's that I wouldn't mind letting go to cool fams in NYC or DE. Wishful thinking?

That's the kinda deal I'm looking for!

Congrats
smokin.gif
Nearly half a dozen size 14's on the bay with BIN under $300. By the end of the week when people start getting their NDC pairs, prices will drop again. I contacted four or five people and said I will pay you $XXX RIGHT NOW, and got a bite. One of them would have gone lower, but the sole by the toebox looked all chewed up so... nah.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of Filipinos bought these shoes and I don't know many that wear a size 14 shoe
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom