THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
How are you going to tell my man his opinion is irrelevant to you when YOU were the one who replied to HIM in the first place? :lol:

When dressed dress/casual I wear my john Lofgren horween leather engineers. They are a top of the line small batch Japanese repro company. Quite high dollar but exquisite and the detail snd craftsmanship is second to none. When bumming around in sweat and tees... I wear basketball shoes like the xx8 without any problem. I've never heard anyone saying, "oh my god I can't believe he's wearing those xx8s with those sweat pants.... And he even tied them!!" Because despite popular belief 99% of the population could careless what's on your feet. I wear what I like and feels good and what I appreciate aesthetically.

Cool. I'm just tryna figure out what people who say "basketball shoes should be used for basketball only" crowd wears. That logic means runners, trainers ect are all off limits for grocery shopping or any everyday activity. I'm just curious to know what their definition of a casual shoe is.

Then your opinion, and argument, is 1000% irrelevant to me.
That's cool. I'm curious though. You or anyone else that don't think basketball shoes are a "good look" casually. What do you guys wear off court? Shoes being worn for their intended purposes leaves what? Lifestyles?

I wear sperrys or frees. I wear basketball shoes casually too. That's not my gripe, wearing them casually is ok if you use them for their intended purposes too. I'm past that argument though.

How are you going to tell my man his opinion is irrelevant to you when YOU were the one who replied to HIM in the first place? :lol:

Because I thought he was referring to them from a performance aspect. Once I found out he wasn't, it didn't really matter because we are talking about the same shoes for totally different reasons.

I'm not tryna start the whole casual vs court thing again. I was honestly curious. I was thinking maybe their a brand or shoe type I don't know about and could possibly get hip to. I'm always looking for something new and different. Hence my love for the Kobe 9 elite.

IX Lows for me all the way, can't wait to see some  more of the CW's, Those Flyknit Multicolored ones are  
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Little write up Nike Inc did about the colorway's for the signature shoes and plans for 2014

http://nikeinc.com/news/inside-access-storytelling-with-color#/inline/26599

KOBE 9: 17-year masterpiece

Kobe Bryant’s 17-year pro career parallels a storybook.  Five championships and record-breaking performances mixed with relentless drive.  The lead KOBE 9 Elite colorway dubbed ‘Masterpiece’ is an ode to Bryant’s brilliant career accomplishments  and is available February 8.  The colorway weaves in purple, red, grey and volt, which became steady fixtures of annual ‘Chaos’ colorways beginning in 2009 and reflect Bryant’s interest in the joker.

Additional KOBE 9 Elite colorways are set to release in the coming months and will reflect Bryant's inspirations. The Kobe Prelude Pack  features all eight of Bryant's signature shoes and celebrates his most defining career moments, with colors and art movements playing a prominent role.   

I was suspicious of that supposed low pic on IG but now that I see just the pic and not he screen shot I can see it does have a different tongue, I was thinking they just folded in the top part haha

The sneaker addict nerd posted up theballers ps pic as an official sneak peak of the kobe 9 low hahaha. Can't stand that dude.... He tries hard

I was suspicious of that supposed low pic on IG but now that I see just the pic and not he screen shot I can see it does have a different tongue, I was thinking they just folded in the top part haha

View media item 731949

From that angle, the shoe looks alot more comfortable to me. My problem with the high is it would be too irritating to me being that high up my leg, these look perfect.

I can't stand when someone shows bits and pieces of a shoe. Just show the whole damn thing or keep it to yourself. The thirst for attention an being first is sad and lame.

If not for the high version I would probably like the Flyknit low. The elite being as different and eye catching as they are makes the low seem like just another Flyknit shoe. The high kills the appeal of the low for me. The EM low I'm much more interested in. Loved the look since first seeing the sample.

Last edited:

I'm Not Buying This Pic, bruh. 
grin.gif

It looks like they just folded down the Fabric Collar inside & pushed the SAME Tongue down... you can see that Volt colored "Shuzoku" Logo peaking in between the Laces.

Cats gotta cut the BS. smh

grin.gif

It looks like they just folded down the Fabric Collar inside & pushed the SAME Tongue down... you can see that Volt colored "Shuzoku" Logo peaking in between the Laces.

Nice catch!  If you look closer you do see the volt shozoku

Kobe won a award today folks. He was voted the worse athlete rapper of all time. I wonder if the masterpiece will incorporate this into the shoe before release. Lol

grin.gif

Haha thats exactly why I was saying it looked like taht

Back
Top Bottom