THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Why would the test sample not have fly knit if they are going to use fly knit?

There are lebron 7 wear test samples with a hyperfuse upper.

I think we should all just wait and see what the final product looks like.

That's the insole.

That's all there is to it, no zoom under the insole. There would be no point in encasing the insole full length zoom unit with lunar and then putting max zoom under that, you would never get the full responsiveness (unless you weighed like 360 lbs).

So the max zoom is under the insole? That's pretty unlikely. I think the insole also acts as a midsole, similar to the Kobe 8.

Didn't see this when I posted but yeah that's what the pics show from the XI thread.

Flyknit Kobe's on iD gonna cost an arm and a leg haha. KDs with the chroma option seem like a steal at $180 when you think about what the other 2 signature models will cost :smh:

KobeOverBron, do you think the blackout model that was leaked is going to be the final product minus the flyknit? or do you think there will be changes in the design?

could be to test another performance aspect the doesn't involve flyknit like cushioning or traction
That's what I was thinking. Like just to test the cushioning system or something like that. But yeah, guess we will just have to wait and see. So far so good though. I'm really digging the higher cut direction. The use of fly knit is also quite intriguing.

I still don't believe we'll see a $60 markup, but I am an optimistic guy.  Oddly, the sample pair does not even feature flyknit.  I do not envision a solid flyknit upper, which would definitely warrant a price in the neighborhood of $200.  I wouldn't be surprised if flyknit was implemented in the 9, but I would bet it will be implemented in a way we haven't seen Flyknit used before (not a solid flyknit upper, or a different variation of the technology).  Flywire is on every Nike shoe anymore, even free runs, so I wouldn't worry about that jacking up the prices.  Carbon Fiber has been around forever, I am not too worried about that raising the price either.  The only thing that is worrisome is flyknit.  Your thoughts on my speculation?

get your money right by release. it will be brutal.

KobeOverBron, do you think the blackout model that was leaked is going to be the final product minus the flyknit? or do you think there will be changes in the design?

changes will come in the form of fine tuning angles and edges. expect the shoe to look very close to the blackout wear test. Just like how it is every year.

$200+!?!? I thought it was just the walking cast boot thats $200+
laugh.gif

Still dreaming there will be a Flyknit and EM version. One of the reason for the success of the 8s was the EM. Why get rid of it after one year?

Im crazy skeptical about them retailing at 200, anywhere from 150 to 180 i can see but 200 hell naw

^agreed about the $200 price. hard to believe a Kobe will retail for that, but who knows

flyknit chukkas retail @170, can't imagine that a bball shoe with flyknit would be cheaper than those, so min 180, definitely can see 200 now

I'm excited about these... I'm sure real/die hard Kobe fans and those looking for a great basketball will pray the price no matter what... I always see people complain about these prices, but they end up buying regardless... Just don't buy, so there's more for me

People should be happy, we're actually on course to see the shoe wayyyy ahead of the usual time.. We've seen and heard a decent amount about the shoe so far

People should be happy, we're actually on course to see the shoe wayyyy ahead of the usual time.. We've seen and heard a decent amount about the shoe so far
too bad that shoe seems like its going to look like crap compared to the 8, and be extremely expensive

too bad that shoe seems like its going to look like crap compared to the 8, and be extremely expensive

Crap to the kobe 8? Whats this blasphemy, i feel you on the latter as i feel they will be extremly expensive but performance wise they most likely wont be a step down as they seen to be using the same material

Crap to the kobe 8? Whats this blasphemy, i feel you on the latter as i feel they will be extremly expensive but performance wise they most likely wont be a step down as they seen to be using the same material
yea i agree with you there, i wouldnt doubt they will be better performance wise (which is obviously most important to Kobe).  i was just referring to looks

yea i agree with you there, i wouldnt doubt they will be better performance wise (which is obviously most important to Kobe).  i was just referring to looks

My fault im just a performance junkie i thought thats what you meant, as for asthetics i think it has potential engineered mesh goes well with patterns

Back
Top Bottom