THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Why are so many ppl contemplating this and that, and resell this and that, with a pair they recently got? If you got 'em, you should be content enough to like 'em, love 'em, and wear 'em! All 9s are beautiful in their own respect, and if you got one, be happy with that. /mini rant.

This has been an issue we have had since kobe 5 6 7, and I did not think I would have the issue on the 8s until I saw my gold shozoku on the tongue worn off as well. I don't get it, they know people lace them up high, why can't they make that a solid colored rubber. It really bugs me how most of my shozokus on the tongue are chipped. You make a great point, we are not paying 119.99 or 129.99 anymore, we are paying 225, you would think they could at least fix that. 

I understand what nitpicking is, but I also understand that when you pay a certain amount you expect a level of quality.

exactly. It's just really hard to stomach I guess? They're charging absurd amounts while you're getting half assed paint jobs. Anyway, they will be balled in and not just displayed on IG so whatever.

If I wasn't a Kobe fan I may have passed on these.

What do you think about trading MP's for 2 of the 3  so called "GR" coming out this month?  Contemplating doing it.
I think it depends. I gave this exact idea some thought bc although I think the MPs are beautiful, I dunno how I'd feel about hooping in them (carbon fiber gloss coming off, creasing, etc). I don't plan to wear casually so I was thinking maybe two pairs of GR 9s to hoop in, without caring too much about the wear and tear, would be better for me. But chances are, I'll just end up keeping my MPs and wearing them for ball at some point. 

I suggest just keep the MPs and hoop in em. If you have enough shoes like most people on here, there's no point getting multiple colorways of the same shoe that's "generic" when in reality you won't have time to destroy 1 pair.

How long does NDC keep " Out of Stock " shoes on the website for? Front page of NDC has Masterpiece's and I thought there was a restock. Still out of stock though.

I've worn mine to the gym twice. Once with ankle socks, and another time with shorts and compression pants...If you have cankles, it's going to look pretty ridiculous. If you're moving a lot and sweating, you're going to sweat on the shoe, but other than that, it's not that big of a deal. They kinda fit like boxing shoes (like everyone says.)

I didn't have any problems with them rubbing my calfs raw.
[/quote

Thank you sir I been trying pretty hard not to get the inspirations but after hearing this I may be getting em. I want to see how they look in person. I am a taller guy who needs some more calf development lol so I think they will be alright.

Inspirations will be easy to get. Not TLO, no "Limit 1 per customer." If anyone knows how Nike releases, then they know that this is an indication of how much easier they will be to get than the MP and ASG. As long as you are resourceful and try, you'll get them at retail.

On top of that, these are the 3rd (4th if you want to count the super limited black NRG) black Kobe 9 Elite dropping.... come on.

Last edited:

Inspirations will be easy to get. Not TLO, no "Limit 1 per customer." If anyone knows how Nike releases, then they know that this is an indication of how much easier they will be to get than the MP and ASG. As long as you are resourceful and try, you'll get them at retail.

On top of that, these are the 3rd (4th if you want to count the super limited black NRG) black Kobe 9 Elite dropping.... come on.
These will be available more retailers though like SP online and Villa online, and most likely JJ, but I'm assuming the hype is there for these but you figure if a lot of people struck out on the ASG's and MP's then it'll transfer to these

Last edited:
Originally Posted by vinotwofour  

Nick Young didn't wear the Inspirations exactly. He wore these 
wow I didnt even notice a difference.  I guess you are right. My mistake.  TBH they look exactly the same, except the slight yellow/orange on the tongue liner. 

Last edited:
Originally Posted by vinotwofour 
wow I didnt even notice a difference.  I guess you are right. My mistake.  TBH they look exactly the same, except the slight yellow/orange on the tongue liner. 

also there a lot more black on the side for inspirations like the MP unlike nick young that almost completely yellow/prange

so maybe the Fk lows are for summer.
so the elite high's product code is 630847

Em is 646701 so that means the flynit lows are 639045.

Nike doesnt change product numbers unless it's a completely different shoe or unless it's a nike plus enabled version

so the elite high's product code is 630847
Em is 646701 so that means the flynit lows are 639045.
Nike doesnt change product numbers unless it's a completely different shoe or unless it's a nike plus enabled version

that's exactly what I gathered. around or about the beginning of February a sneaker blog- I can't remember whether it was sole collector, sneaker news, or complex kicks- that reported from an event Kobe appeared at to promote the 9. One of the confirmed poiints listed was that he confirmed there would be a low version, and the post had the circulated image of the flyknit low in a blue/green colorway.

Nike seems pretty tight-lipped about even the em lows. So, I guess we still have to wait.

Finally got to play in the 9 tonight for a bit.  Not gonna overdo it with thoughts because many have probably already shared a similar experience.

I went a half size down in these and really love how they fit.  Everything hugs the foot nicely and gives a good 1 to 1 fit which eliminates distraction.  Some minor callusing or blistering on the front/medial side of my feet is a slight concern, but I had that initially with the 8 and it went away with some break-in. 

Court feel and lunar are both solid as expected.  Traction is amazing -- maybe even better than the 8s IMO

Two qualms of mine:

1. Though lockdown is just fine, the heel doesn't exactly stay put in the shoe.  I think it could have benefited from a little more internal padding around the ankle, maybe thicker notches around the ankle like found in some shoes.

2. I'm not super crazy about the heel-to-toe transition just yet.  It was good, but I don't know if it's great.  I'll have to try them side by side with some other models to make a better assessment. 

Definitely enjoyed them tonight, but I need more time in them to really decide how these stack up to other models. 

Got the Maestro-or as I like to call em "The Full Metal Alchemist"-Kobe's now... I just need the masterpieces(kente cloths). Tryna hold off for a restock but eBay is calling me! View media item 824056 ^ excuse the IG/Camera+ filters I lost the OG pic.

They were 299 shipped, worn once.They could have been worn everyday since the released and I would still consider it a steal. Its a 14 when I usually wear a 13, but i can wear thick socks or sumthin'

They were 299 shipped, worn once.They could have been worn everyday since the released and I would still consider it a steal. Its a 14 when I usually wear a 13, but i can wear thick socks or sumthin'
Are you planning in playing in them? I had this same issue I wear a 13 and got a 14 but they were way too big so if you don't plan on ballin in them it'll be fine just long but if you do you'll probly have to do like double sock everytime. I did double sock and 2 layer sock and an ankle brace and I was still having some issues. I didnt think it was worth it to keep them in a bigger size while having to wear a double sock everytime I wore them to I spent the extra money for a size 13 which is my True size.

Back
Top Bottom