THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
laugh.gif

Dude at the gym today comes in wearing Gold Elites all match-matchy to his clothes, tongue flopping around - figured he was going to lace them up to ball.

Nope. Pulls out some beat old Hyperdunks instead...

Fashion.

Not copping, but step one on those Influences should be lace swap with Perspectives.

WHY ORANGE? If they had done lime green/royal blue good god I'd be all over those.

[h2] [/h2]

[h2]KOBE 9 'GAME ROYAL'[/h2]

$160

JUNE 19, 2014

LAUNCH: THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 2014 - 8:00 AM EDT

Game Royal/White-Venom Green646701-413Limit 2 per customer

Inspired by the wild cacophony of South American street art, the newest color of the Kobe 9 a combination of Game Royal, white and Venom Green. An array of patterns mix and match to give this shoe a distinct, dynamic look. Releasing on June 19 on Nike.com (8am EDT/5am PDT).

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2014-06/kobe-9-game-royal

View media item 1022769

View media item 1022764

View media item 1022763

View media item 1022765

View media item 1022767

Pass on these for me, unless my boy @Nrmancrsoe can come up on these for me.

When do the Florals drop?

The Kobe 9 Elite is reinforced with Fuse underneath the Flyknit, also Basketball Lunarlon typically is firmer than other types of Lunarlon

There are also two different types of lunarlon. The one on your chukkas is attached to the bottom almost on the outsole. Where as on the Kobe's it is a drop in insert inside of the shoe that molds to your feet more and counts as a midsole.

as said above, the lunar chukka has pretty much the entire mid-sole in lunarlon. the kobe 9 only has the drop in mid-sole. i have the Perspective Elite and Easter lows. personally, the cushioning blows when i'm on the court as i'm not one of those that care for too much court feel. I rather have my feet have a bouncy and comfortable cushion like the Lebron 11 with the lunar+zoom combo and XX8 in the forefoot. The heel cushion is fine tho, just the forefoot.

Appreciate all the answers guys! This makes a lot of sense now. Still, I am surprised Nike did not market the inclusion of Hypefuse in the Kobes. I haven't broke out my pair yet, but when I do I'm hoping the Lunarlon adjusts to my foot. What's the verdict on the overall comfort? After they've been broken in, how do they stack up for you guys against Zoom Air?

Appreciate all the answers guys! This makes a lot of sense now. Still, I am surprised Nike did not market the inclusion of Hypefuse in the Kobes. I haven't broke out my pair yet, but when I do I'm hoping the Lunarlon adjusts to my foot. What's the verdict on the overall comfort? After they've been broken in, how do they stack up for you guys against Zoom Air?

It comes down to preference and what you're most comfortable playing in.

Personally, I prefer the IX Elites over the XX8s mainly because I value the Lunarlon cushioning and court feel among other things. I used to swear by the XX8s but got sick of the zoom pops with those (only 6'1" 188 lbs btw). Still a great shoe when you're not sending them back to nikeclaims.com. Another great thing about the IX is that there's hardly any break-in needed (same as the VIII). Overall, I enjoy the way Lunarlon feels compared to zoom for hooping, and I like how they made the Lunarlon drop-in sole a little firmer and thicker than the VIII.

Last edited:

They couldn't market the hyperfuse, otherwise it would totally take away from the purpose of flyknit (which it does). People would be like "Uh... How can an upper be considered flyknit if it's backed by hyperfuse?" And they'd be right. Elite kobe's are basically a hyperfuse shoe with yarn glued on top of it. Looks really good though lol.

As far as cushioning, I think it just depends on what you're looking for. To give drastic examples, zoom would be like jumping on a trampoline whereas lunarlon would be like jumping on a tempurpedic.

Back
Top Bottom