THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, I know what you mean man. I actually have two pairs of MC lows, just selling one of them so I can get elite highs. Just not sure if I should get the Masterpiece or wait for the new CW. Just found another Masterpiece for a better price, but it's a half size bigger. Would it make a difference if I get a half size bigger if I played ball with them?
if you get a pair of elite highs half a size bigger, try putting lebron 11 insoles in there if you have them. With or without it shouldn't be a huge issue, but the 11s insole are a tab bit thicker than the kobe 9s

Elite highs are a lot longer in the toe than the lows. My TTS (10.5) elite high was over a half inch of space in the toe. Width-wise, it would probably be better. You probably wouldn't have heel slippage if you lace it up all the way. The flyknit and sole are pretty rigid, so the empty space might not affect you as much. If you take hard cuts and you want the court feel, it might be a little awkward.
Oh okay, thanks man.
if you get a pair of elite highs half a size bigger, try putting lebron 11 insoles in there if you have them. With or without it shouldn't be a huge issue, but the 11s insole are a tab bit thicker than the kobe 9s
What if I used the Kobe 9 MC IDs insoles on them? Just wondering.

[/quote]What if I used the Kobe 9 MC IDs insoles on them? Just wondering.
[/quote]

I'm not sure, from pictures and the way people talk, the low iDs insole shape vary alot from shoe to shoe (for the same size). The highs seem to be made more efficiently (coming out the same, repetitively). If your iD came out nicely and doesn't hurt your foot, they likely came out in the right shape, but as far as killing dead room is concerned they wouldn't really help. All of the 9 series lunarlon inserts are (or should be) the same thickness. So it won't raise your foot inside of the high to take care of dead room. The lebron 11s insole (lunarlon/zoom) should be more thick raising your foot up higher than any kobe 9s insole to kill dead space in the highs. In the highs the dead space comes from the upper, not the insole. The flyknit isn't "wrapped, thread" as "tight" in the high because of the other material in the heel area and the huge tounge. The lows generally have less dead space inside because the tounge isn't so large, and the flyknit wraps all the way around meeting at the heel tab.

Either way, even without the lebron 11s insole you should still be able to wear the half size up high pair comfortably, there will just be a little dead space. Hope that helped.

Last edited:
What if I used the Kobe 9 MC IDs insoles on them? Just wondering.
[/quote]

I'm not sure, from pictures and the way people talk, the low iDs insole shape vary alot from shoe to shoe (for the same size). The highs seem to be made more efficiently (coming out the same, repetitively). If your iD came out nicely and doesn't hurt your foot, they likely came out in the right shape, but as far as killing dead room is concerned they wouldn't really help. All of the 9 series lunarlon inserts are (or should be) the same thickness. So it won't raise your foot inside of the high to take care of dead room. The lebron 11s insole (lunarlon/zoom) should be more thick raising your foot up higher than any kobe 9s insole to kill dead space in the highs. In the highs the dead space comes from the upper, not the insole. The flyknit isn't "wrapped, thread" as "tight" in the high because of the other material in the heel area and the huge tounge. The lows generally have less dead space inside because the tounge isn't so large, and the flyknit wraps all the way around meeting at the heel tab.

Either way, even without the lebron 11s insole you should still be able to wear the half size up high pair comfortably, there will just be a little dead space. Hope that helped.[/quote]
All right, gotcha. Thanks man.

I wouldn't mind an all white pair like those but I would have to come to the realization that they are going to get dirty and super easy at that.

Is the return page @ NDC working? I want to return the EXTs but keeps giving me this error :rolleyes
Please make sure you agree with the terms of returning!
Some required values are not supplied! Try again.

Basket revolution updated their calendar by just deleting the summer months. If things go as usual, we should soon get the codes and colors for the final 3 months of the 9's. Minus the usual QS's toward the end of the line. I hope things start leaking. 

Man... eff the high's. Let's see some more Elite low's.
Does anyone else non-biased think the elite low's are awkward looking? I know the high's aren't exactly a normal shoe but the elite lows just don't look right to me. They look unfinished, just like cuttoff mids or highs. They didn't change the model really to make them low like they do with lebrons.

Does anyone else non-biased think the elite low's are awkward looking? I know the high's aren't exactly a normal shoe but the elite lows just don't look right to me. They look unfinished, just like cuttoff mids or highs. They didn't change the model really to make them low like they do with lebrons.
Elite Highs don't interest me one bit and I was super disappointed with the Elite Lows, had high expectations for them and they weren't even close to being met. That goes for the Multicolor iDs, too. Incredibly overrated, IMO.

Elite Highs don't interest me one bit and I was super disappointed with the Elite Lows, had high expectations for them and they weren't even close to being met. That goes for the Multicolor iDs, too. Incredibly overrated, IMO.

I agree, I guess I was just hyped to have another BL colorway. Overall the 9 has let me down.

The tongue on the Elite low's were awkward to me at first (the height of the tongue), but I've learned to embrace it. I know this is the not the iD thread, but I wished Nike used higher quality materials on the Elite low iD tongues. IMO the Elite low's would have been perfect if they had the same tongue as the EM's.

Last edited:
The tongue on the Elite low's were awkward to me first, but I've learned to embrace it. I know this is the not the iD thread, but I wished Nike used higher quality materials on the Elite low iD's. IMO the Elite low's would have been perfect if they had the same tongue as the EM's.
Been saying this ever since pictures of the Elite Lows came out and especially once I held pairs in hand/tried them on. The tongue on them is so oversized.

I really do enjoy playing ball in the EM 9s though. I wasn't convinced at first from pictures, but they feel great on court.

They still look good minus those two chips.
yeah the traction is still working really well.  sad for the chips...   but my lunarlon is starting to bottom out a little tho.  I tried ballin in my old 8s,  my knees and feet were killing me after.  (2 year old lunarlon cushion, lol terrible idea)

Glad to see him back on the court, hoping it lasts this year
I honestly don't get the design choice from Mamba.

Huarache 2k4 - High Top

Kobe 1 (2006) - High Top

Kobe 2 (2007) - High Top

Kobe 3 (2008) - High Top

Kobe 4 (2009) - Low 

Kobe 5 (2010) - Low

Kobe 6 (2011) - Low

Kobe 7 (2012) - Low

Kobe 8 (2013) - Low

I get it, he was aging, looking to maintain speed, quickness at the ultra quick guard position in a young league.  Great performance beast low tops 5 years straight that prove you don't need a high top to have security, stability, comfort and mobility but in  lighter low top.  Tears his achilles balling until the wheels fall off in 2013.

Then abruptly turns to not just a high top basketball shoe, but an absolutely hideous boot / stocking height shoe.  I really, really don't get the justification from the radical depature of the low top, which was becoming the standard niche or uniqueness of Kobe's signature shoe.

Back
Top Bottom