The Official Kobe X iD thread

last year nike slipped in the MC option when they updated the new options.

keeping fingers crossed
I remember MC coming out as an original ID option, along with grey and black. That made sense because they had MC HTMs that year, which they don't this year. The other re-instatments of MC for the elite 9 came out in quickstrike form after it sold out (the last time it even said QS beside the upper option). Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I sincerely remember it that way.

I remember MC coming out as an original ID option, along with grey and black. That made sense because they had MC HTMs that year, which they don't this year. The other re-instatments of MC for the elite 9 came out in quickstrike form after it sold out (the last time it even said QS beside the upper option). Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I sincerely remember it that way.
yep your right 

Flyknit ruined the Kobe line..

No one cares about the base model and people wait for a MC option that isn't coming out :lol:

I feel like Flyknit made Kobe's even better. It is Nikes fault for wasting all that material when they know what we want and why we want it..... They would sell a lot more if ALL the lows were flyknit but they choose not to. No way would I pay $200+ for some EMs.

Flyknit ruined the Kobe line..

No one cares about the base model and people wait for a MC option that isn't coming out
laugh.gif
nah nikes color options, quality, and **** rendering ruined it for Kobe IDs

last year nike slipped in the MC option when they updated the new options.

keeping fingers crossed
Yes you are right. But my reference was to the 2nd MC release.  Nike announced new options for the 9 with no mention of the MC upper.  We all speculated and it was rumored, but it was there as a QS option when it dropped.

Nike is usually consistent with their ID releases. I say you just consider last year Mamba Moment QS this years MC QS. Nikes biggest mistake last year was giving us MC first. We didnt want any other IDs after that. This year they learned and went the the white/black first. The Mamba Moments dropped like in Nov-Dec so i say that is when we will see the new QS option(some type of MC).

Nike is usually consistent with their ID releases. I say you just consider last year Mamba Moment QS this years MC QS. Nikes biggest mistake last year was giving us MC first. We didnt want any other IDs after that. This year they learned and went the the white/black first. The Mamba Moments dropped like in Nov-Dec so i say that is when we will see the new QS option(some type of MC).

mamba moments dropped as a milestone though. They would have released in October had Kobe passed Jordan then

mamba moments dropped as a milestone though. They would have released in October had Kobe passed Jordan then

True, and are we in October?? MC will drop during the season when Nike can find a story for them. You dont have to believe me but if you know anything about business you would know it does not benefit Nike to drop them right now.

all i was saying was that the MM shouldnt be compared to a planned MC release, Nike had no real clue when they were even dropping the MM

but you go on about knowing about the business

Last edited:
all i was saying was that the MM shouldnt be compared to a planned MC release, Nike had no real clue when they were even dropping the MM

but you go on about knowing about the business

They had a time frame and a cw.... they knew.

They had a time frame and a cw.... they knew.

please re-read what you originally wrote. Your simply telling us that because Kobe reached a certain milestone to allow nike to release the MM, means that they are going to wait until that time frame to realease the MC this year. I do not doubt that Nike has the realease for new options all lined up, but your reasoning for them coming in Nov/Dec just doesnt make sense

Last edited:
please re-read what you originally wrote. Your simply telling us that because Kobe reached a certain milestone to allow nike to release the MM, means that they are going to wait until that time frame to realease the MC this year. I do not doubt that Nike has the realease for new options all lined up, but your reasoning for them coming in Nov/Dec just doesnt make sense

Lol no need to get all sensitive. I was just stating my opinion, i was not trying to argue with nobody. But lets just say Nike drops the MC this week, how many blk/wht and solid pairs do you think they will sell after that??

Making me miss my ID's for sure! I may have to avoid this thread so I don't have to see great pics like this lol. Those are really nice.

Lol no need to get all sensitive. I was just stating my opinion, i was not trying to argue with nobody. But lets just say Nike drops the MC this week, how many blk/wht and solid pairs do you think they will sell after that??

all good over here haha, im a fan of a healthy back and forth, but it can get out of control quickly on the internet. Im with ya, if they drop MC tomorrow, hardly any other colored IDs will be ordered

these looking fresh TPG

Thanks man! What do you have cooked up? :nerd:

Making me miss my ID's for sure! I may have to avoid this thread so I don't have to see great pics like this lol. Those are really nice.

That's how I felt last year. The clunky midsole/outsole wasn't working for me so I didn't keep any. No problem this year so I had to get some to make up for last year lol. Sucks for you they don't make 13.5. You got some highs though right?

Thanks man! What do you have cooked up?
nerd.gif

That's how I felt last year. The clunky midsole/outsole wasn't working for me so I didn't keep any. No problem this year so I had to get some to make up for last year lol. Sucks for you they don't make 13.5. You got some highs though right?
I hear ya. Your make up plan is killing it right now lol. Yea I ended up picking up a pair of the Rose Golds and Team Elites. I really wish they would make a Kobe high ID. That would be pretty nice, I would imagine that options would be limited but I wouldn't care really. ​

Back
Top Bottom