The Official Kobe X iD thread

Stock paint or mixture?

If stock, what was the color? Increasingly interested in doing this.
It was a mixture of gold, bronze and a bit of orange to get the hue. Now that I've done one I want to do them all
roll.gif

Can anyone tell me if they have a size 11.5 grinch on order that was canceled? I just got off chat with a rep who said I am still on target for a 2-8-16 delivery eventhough my order has not shown as started yet....

It was a mixture of gold, bronze and a bit of orange to get the hue. Now that I've done one I want to do them all :rofl:

Never painted any shoe but i got some for my kobe x ids. Any tips for a rookie? I got all the brushes and a steady hand so i think ill be good. I heard a few thinner coats rather than a thicker coat. Is that the case for the tongue material on these? If so should I just add a little water to thin it out a bit? TIA

Never painted any shoe but i got some for my kobe x ids. Any tips for a rookie? I got all the brushes and a steady hand so i think ill be good. I heard a few thinner coats rather than a thicker coat. Is that the case for the tongue material on these? If so should I just add a little water to thin it out a bit? TIA

Don't thin it out. The paint is thin enough arleady. Just don't cake it on. Lighter colors do an extra coat. This was my first time as well. Just be very patient and use very little amounts of paint at a time especially when you are in the corners.

Next I'm going to paint the medial swoosh on a pair and see how that turns out. But like you said with a steady hand and some patience you'll be fine. Good luck!

I ordered my Grinches as soon as they went live and I finally got my started email today. Fingers crossed they actually ship.

Won't count my 'Grinches' before they hatch, but finally got the 'started' email for the default pair I ordered.

FYI...it's a 9.5, and was ordered at launch.

Thought I would share some of my customs since seeing all those other well done ones

Painted the kobe logo and evened out the black in the front of the shoe.

Did some white and GITD speckles on these since I didn't like the black /black on the inside.
Sorry for the iphone pics.
pimp.gif

Everyone worried about getting your Grinch, I never got a started email on my canceled pair - I would think if you have got a started you are good.

BARELY received my "We've started your order" email for 2 Grinch orders from 12/22. I guess it makes sense since order recieved date is 2/8.

Back
Top Bottom