The Official Kobe X iD thread

got 4 out of 5 id's in from the first 2 days since release and i have to say i'm pretty disappointed. i opted for all black midsoles since the renderings came out black but in person i'm learning how the TPU around them makes them look so smokey and ashy. just got my galaxy-inspired pair in with green glow GITD outsole and i'm completely let down by how it's solid instead of transparent
mean.gif
also, my left toebox is has a point to it instead of being round like normal! definitely going to complain to nike when i get the time. i think they messed up bad this time with these yellowing-time-bomb TPU midsoles. wanting black midsoles and getting ashy grey instead. at $245+ a pop, you can't settle for less than expected
mean.gif
mean.gif
pics?
nerd.gif

Phellas that already received your ids and ordered with a discount. Does Nike give u a hard time time exchanging for a different color if u didn't pay retail? I have a grey/gum & sharkteeth pair that should be hear Friday. Thinking of swapping my "sharkteeth" for some air max 95s or an all dark grey upper or all black/grey swoosh pair. Thanks
Just call customer service. More then likely they will just have you call them after you place the new order and subtract the amount of the code you used.

just for you, NT. first three inspired by FK racers, last one is self-explanatory. you've been warned!
tell me how they rendered this:

and then came out with this??
mean.gif

solid GITD outsole
sick.gif

peep the toebox shape

gotta say though, they definitely look better in pics because the "black" midsole is ASHY
So,What are you going to do with all of those?

Last edited:
just for you, NT. first three inspired by FK racers, last one is self-explanatory. you've been warned!

tell me how they rendered this:

peep the toebox shape

gotta say though, they definitely look better in pics because the "black" midsole is ASHY
I like that red pair 
nthat.gif

The toe box is a f****** joke. Nike can't be serious with the quality 
mean.gif

So,What are you going to do with all of those?

they're going back to nike but not without complaints about the rendering to final product and the quality of that toebox. i have a big bang pair coming in this week and i'm pretty sure that's going back as well. placed an order a couple weeks ago for an all black pair with gum bottoms and an all photo blue pair with red swoosh. not having any expectations with these id's anymore. it's money saved really. i just hope nike doesn't drop the multicolor option because that ashy midsole will throw the entire shoe off :rolleyes

^ i don't think you can make something transparent that wasn't initially so. these gitd soles are solid, not murky or milky :rolleyes

That toebox alone would be enough for me to send them back. The first three don't look bad at all. I made a dark gray pair and the ashy midsole blended in perfectly. The rendering on mine also showed a solid black midsole though

The fact you can see the carbon fiber unit on that GITD sole in the rendering would make me think it's translucent. Then to have them come in and the carbon fiber not be visible at all, now that's just bad on Nikes part.

^ i don't think you can make something transparent that wasn't initially so. these gitd soles are solid, not murky or milky
eyes.gif
Yeah I don't mean the gitd soles that are solid, talking about the midsoles for people that did the clear option and got cloudy midsoles. They definitely screwed up bad with the gitd soles though, not transparent at all. Their rendering is just so off in too many areas especially at the price point of this shoe... 

The fact you can see the carbon fiber unit on that GITD sole in the rendering would make me think it's translucent. Then to have them come in and the carbon fiber not be visible at all, now that's just bad on Nikes part.

yup my thoughts exactly. the heel where the outsole wraps up towards the achilles is disgusting too. pics later.

View media item 1658907
This is my dark grey pair. The rendering showed an all black midsole but these came out ashy like the ones above. It actually blends in with the shoe well though. I'm still considering sending them back though

sick.gif
 This is the worst rendering of all. I've never seen such a difference from ID to the finished product. The 9 elite lows never had this many problems.

Lol, I see the same trend in every ID thread.

ohhhh I'm making 5 pairs, these are so bad and quality sucks, nike sucks, these are the worst IDs ever, (IG stunt and then) I'm sending these back....... Is the Kobe ID done for good? Why Nike? Let it come back for one more day...

History keeps repeating itself in these ID threads. I love all my IDs and realize they won't look EXACTLY like the rendering since it's a picture......... and I can admit that there will always be quality control issues when HUMANS are the ones making the product. I've just accepted that.

Lol, I see the same trend in every ID thread.

ohhhh I'm making 5 pairs, these are so bad and quality sucks, nike sucks, these are the worst IDs ever, (IG stunt and then) I'm sending these back....... Is the Kobe ID done for good? Why Nike? Let it come back for one more day...

History keeps repeating itself in these ID threads. I love all my IDs and realize they won't look EXACTLY like the rendering since it's a picture......... and I can admit that there will always be quality control issues when HUMANS are the ones making the product. I've just accepted that.
The gum sole is translucent, the GITD is solid. Both are completely misrepresented in the rendering. Luckily we can all return them and remake them until we get a finished product that we are happy with. 

Back
Top Bottom