The Official Kobe X iD thread

Got my mambacolors in today. I like them but I don't love them because there's a lot less purple than I expected from renderings and the bright crimson speckles look pink and it's throwing me off its theme lol.

Here are some pics with the chaos VI for reference:

Will probably return since these came out to 272 and change. Not sure if I'll remake without speckles or just do a regular purple knit upper if I really want something chaos-inspired. Or I could just save it for the XIs collection lol.
I like these a lot - and I like how choosing the grey tongue gave you the grey stripe referencing the heel counter on the VI. Makes me positive about going with the crimson liner and speckles, but now I wish I had done black tongue and purple laces. I got volt laces, will just find some purple flats.

Last edited:
I'm kind of glad I passed on the mamba colours. Not really feeling the colours on the weave although I think the chaos looks good. Other than that, underwhelming.

I gotta have things delivered to work more often, UPS comes early apparently. Got the first pair (my other pair on the way is the same with silver swoosh, and then I'll decide which to keep)
FWIW - really digging my pair with the metallic silver swoosh (clear sole, black laces, tongue and lining also)

Last edited:

FWIW - Really digging my pair with the metallic silver swoosh (clear sole, laces, tongue and lining also)
Yea after seeing some people post their initial renderings with the silver swoosh, I had to order that too. Those will be coming on Tuesday so I'll have to see which looks better in hand.

I gotta have things delivered to work more often, UPS comes early apparently. Got the first pair (my other pair on the way is the same with silver swoosh, and then I'll decide which to keep)

I have everything shipped to work for that reason. Also, in case they show up early I don't want it sitting on my porch.

I have everything shipped to work for that reason. Also, in case they show up early I don't want it sitting on my porch.
Yea we used to have a guy here at work that would just straight up open the packages and then figure out who they went to. My mamba moments came once and he brings them to me like, "oh I didn't know you were a Kobe fan..."

Yea we used to have a guy here at work that would just straight up open the packages and then figure out who they went to. My mamba moments came once and he brings them to me like, "oh I didn't know you were a Kobe fan..."

Did you talk to him or...
giphy.gif

:lol: this gif never gets old

Last edited:
Thanks for the reps and replies but I think I'm going to return my mambacolors and be done with the upper for good. It's way too non-purple for me to do a chaos pair and I don't really care about the colors enough to do something else with it. I needed that top-down look that the past chaos pairs gave me and the mambacolors ain't cuttin it.

View media item 1812812

Thanks for the reps and replies but I think I'm going to return my mambacolors and be done with the upper for good. It's way too non-purple for me to do a chaos pair and I don't really care about the colors enough to do something else with it. I needed that top-down look that the past chaos pairs gave me and the mambacolors ain't cuttin it.
Nice shot. VI's are one of my favorite silos ever, but I don't want to pay $400 for DS Chaos VI's so I am gonna see how I feel about my MambaColor Chaos. I look at it like an evolution - the X is as different from those 2 as those 2 are from each other - just depends on the individual as to whether or not the spirit of the CW carries over for them.

The VI's are tough to beat though.

Bruh...wtf...Would have gone off on him for sure.

I had a girl at work open my package a while back and hide my shoes as a prank. Needless to say I was not pleased

Back
Top Bottom