***The Official Legalization of Cannabis Thread***

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=truehttp://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=truehttp://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=truehttp://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=true

hopefully this won't get locked if we're talking about legalization and not the actual act of using it... anyway...

heres a pretty good documentary on cannabis history and the underground marijuana business. hopefully others can contribute and keep it mature and the mods will be understanding.

the hemp plant has many more uses than just "getting high"

and to all you californian NTer's... DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=truehttp://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=truehttp://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=truehttp://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-9077214414651731007&hl=en&fs=true

hopefully this won't get locked if we're talking about legalization and not the actual act of using it... anyway...

heres a pretty good documentary on cannabis history and the underground marijuana business. hopefully others can contribute and keep it mature and the mods will be understanding.

the hemp plant has many more uses than just "getting high"

and to all you californian NTer's... DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

please pass ! then everyone would realize the many uses of this plant. there was a thread that showed how hemp was suppose to eliminate cutting down trees since it would be used to make paper
30t6p3b.gif
!$$* you money hungry corporations !!!!!!!!!

please pass ! then everyone would realize the many uses of this plant. there was a thread that showed how hemp was suppose to eliminate cutting down trees since it would be used to make paper
30t6p3b.gif
!$$* you money hungry corporations !!!!!!!!!

All I want to know is, why are many pot smokers here on NT opposed to the proposition.

In detailed response please, so I can show my friends who do chief

All I want to know is, why are many pot smokers here on NT opposed to the proposition.

In detailed response please, so I can show my friends who do chief

^^ because im unemployed and sellin trees is my only income

naa but honestly ive been for legalizing it ever since i started smoking 7 years ago. damn near everytime i smoke (couple times everyday), i wonder why in the hell its illegal in the first place.

the day mj will become legal is the day the MAN figures out how to limit personal grow houses so he can maintain his huge piece of the pie.

im bout to roll one up right now....

i got a sovereignty bong, helix and a vape, but still..

Swishers> x

^^ because im unemployed and sellin trees is my only income

naa but honestly ive been for legalizing it ever since i started smoking 7 years ago. damn near everytime i smoke (couple times everyday), i wonder why in the hell its illegal in the first place.

the day mj will become legal is the day the MAN figures out how to limit personal grow houses so he can maintain his huge piece of the pie.

im bout to roll one up right now....

i got a sovereignty bong, helix and a vape, but still..

Swishers> x

quick reply before I dip out for class:

primarily it's because it's funded and ran by a few MJ activist who have made good money in the industry who now want to have a monopoly operating in Oakland.

many tobacco big wigs have already investing in property and copyrighting cannabis slang in preparation if Proposition does pass.  These are the same people who

use extra additives into cigarettes to gain the effects your receive, what makes you think they won't do the same to cut costs in the production of marijuana?

also because of the stricter laws that will be enforced if you're smoking with, distributing, or plain ol' burning up a doobie in front of an individual under 21. 

the proposition is just poorly written were it leaves so much room for local authority to govern however they feel is necessary within that given time and 

within the certain parameters of a city who allows it, and a city where they don't. 

here is an excerpt from Wikipedia of Prop 19 Authorization and Civil Penalties:

-- Every person 18 years of age or older who hires, employs, or uses a minor in transporting, carrying, selling, giving away marijuana, or knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to 

someone under the age of 14, shall be imprisoned in state prison for a period of three, five, or seven years.

-- Every person 18 years of age or older who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older than the age of 14 but younger than 18, 

shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.

-- Every person 21 years of age or over who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older than the age of 18 but younger than 21, 

shall be imprisoned in county jail for up to six months and fined up to $1,000 per offense.

pretty messed up right? Most legal experts agree that Prop 19 is poorly written and will leave police and judges to enforce it at their discretion. For example, consuming 

cannabis would be illegal in the same "space" as a minor. Police and judges are free to interpret the word "space" to mean the same room, house, or entire apartment complex. 

the hell does all that mean? you can get arrested for having a blunt at a show now... AHHH %!@$ THAT! 
eyes.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

primarily it's because it's funded and ran by a few MJ activist who have made good money in the industry who now want to have a monopoly operating in Oakland.

many tobacco big wigs have already investing in property and copyrighting cannabis slang in preparation if Proposition does pass.  These are the same people who

use extra additives into cigarettes to gain the effects your receive, what makes you think they won't do the same to cut costs in the production of marijuana?

also because of the stricter laws that will be enforced if you're smoking with, distributing, or plain ol' burning up a doobie in front of an individual under 21. 

the proposition is just poorly written were it leaves so much room for local authority to govern however they feel is necessary within that given time and 

within the certain parameters of a city who allows it, and a city where they don't. 

-- Every person 18 years of age or older who hires, employs, or uses a minor in transporting, carrying, selling, giving away marijuana, or knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to 

someone under the age of 14, shall be imprisoned in state prison for a period of three, five, or seven years.

-- Every person 18 years of age or older who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older than the age of 14 but younger than 18, 

shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.

-- Every person 21 years of age or over who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older than the age of 18 but younger than 21, 

shall be imprisoned in county jail for up to six months and fined up to $1,000 per offense.

pretty messed up right? Most legal experts agree that Prop 19 is poorly written and will leave police and judges to enforce it at their discretion. For example, consuming 

cannabis would be illegal in the same "space" as a minor. Police and judges are free to interpret the word "space" to mean the same room, house, or entire apartment complex. 

the hell does all that mean? you can get arrested for having a blunt at a show now... AHHH %!@$ THAT! 
eyes.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

pretty messed up right?

What about the countless dudes in prison over marijuana? Granted, police haven't been cracking down on mj owners
like they used to, but I would still consider that more messed up.

If it becomes legalized, mj will be like anything else...follow the law when using it and there will be no problems.

It seems your main problems with it passing is people being caught up because they're not "of age". The only way
to solve this problem is to obey the law.

As far as the added carcinogens, I will agree...that's a problem. I'm not sure that's enough to sway my vote though.

pretty messed up right?

What about the countless dudes in prison over marijuana? Granted, police haven't been cracking down on mj owners
like they used to, but I would still consider that more messed up.

If it becomes legalized, mj will be like anything else...follow the law when using it and there will be no problems.

It seems your main problems with it passing is people being caught up because they're not "of age". The only way
to solve this problem is to obey the law.

As far as the added carcinogens, I will agree...that's a problem. I'm not sure that's enough to sway my vote though.

Originally Posted by akaValentino

eyes.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
DING DING DING

Originally Posted by akaValentino

eyes.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
DING DING DING

Back
Top Bottom