The Official Lloyd Banks Thread **Halloween Havoc 3 Out Now**

It will always be funny that Donald Trump was on Mo Money in the Bank 4

"Funny how a few years ago Trump was giving me Mixtape drops"

Last edited:
Was bumping rotten apple the other day... it really wasn't that bad... When it came out I remember it getting a lot of flack.

Didn't get into Banks heavily until The Cold Corner 2. Since then, mixtapes at least, he's been one of my favorite rappers.

Haven't listened to his albums outside of HFM2, which is good.

Banks is an elite lyricist at this point. Needs some legit backing again before he decides to be recluse and disappear again. Him, Royce, and Pusha T are on a whole different level than other dudes.

yo he killed that ''freestyle''...
but it was by far the most lackluster freestyle (with bars) i've seen in a while...

Word ppl hated rotten apple when it first dropped..the singles werent that good..i liked hands up but the joint with timabaland was wack

Rotten Apple was just meh to me. Think it was like that cause The Big Withdrawal got leaked and had a lot better songs on it. I had never listened to the entire thing until last year, and it's very noticeably better than Rotten Apple.

Word ppl hated rotten apple when it first dropped..the singles werent that good..i liked hands up but the joint with timabaland was wack

it was done after da big withdraw leaked after he left da album at a thots crib.

i can't do banks as much anymore since he changed his original flow...his OG joint was sooooooooo flames...

Banks is rapping better than he ever has right now. His lack of mainstream success currently steams from being independent, being 100% bars, and not singing/squealing.

Best Banks mixtapes? Everything from CC2 and up is fire(haven't listened HH 2/3 yet though).

HH3 > HH2. 3 has better beats and his rhymes ate outrageous in there.

V5 is still my favorite Banks tape in general. Still play it a lot

It correlates more so with the decline of the region. HFM 2 was dope.

naw cuz Fabolous never changed his flow or rhyme mechanics and he's still flourishing.

banks didn't have to re-engineer how he rapped, it was fine, hell it was elite...now? its blughhhhh.... cadence is all off, probably can't even hop on any modern Uptempo beat, his old flow was versatile enough to get on slow and fast beats.

Back
Top Bottom