The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

so lately browsing on my MBP2011 15' on this new firefox i keep getting this popup on my screen that looks like this....

i always hit cancel... but it been getting annoying... has anybody else been having this problem?
You could have  the Mac Malware that has been going around. Is your OS updated to the current version? If not, I suggest you do that asap and you search how to rid of that malware.
but it only pops up when im browsing NT
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

so lately browsing on my MBP2011 15' on this new firefox i keep getting this popup on my screen that looks like this....

i always hit cancel... but it been getting annoying... has anybody else been having this problem?
You could have  the Mac Malware that has been going around. Is your OS updated to the current version? If not, I suggest you do that asap and you search how to rid of that malware.
but it only pops up when im browsing NT
ohwell.gif

i believe it's nt/yuku specific ad related malware i used to get it all the time til i got an ad blocker.

eeb3503de96a40b93cadcc581eca1bfbd16c487.jpg

15 inch Macbook Pro. I want to upgrade to 8GB ram. Any suggestions on where to buy from? Pros? Cons? 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

15 inch Macbook Pro. I want to upgrade to 8GB ram. Any suggestions on where to buy from? Pros? Cons? 
smile.gif

yea i would wanna know as well, the upgrade on apple.com was mad expensive so i kept it at 4gb

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I know you guys were talking about SSD's and got me wanting to do the same to my macbook. I saw this on SD's today and it seems like a good deal. Which one (if any) would you guys prefer? I want to do what thegoat said and put OSX on the ssd and remove my optical drive and put my old hard drive there. Is that easy to do? I'm fairly tech savy but def no expert.

http://slickdeals.net/for...showthread.php?t=3081303

I know you guys were talking about SSD's and got me wanting to do the same to my macbook. I saw this on SD's today and it seems like a good deal. Which one (if any) would you guys prefer? I want to do what thegoat said and put OSX on the ssd and remove my optical drive and put my old hard drive there. Is that easy to do? I'm fairly tech savy but def no expert.

That's a relitively low-end drive, but since you're coming from am HDD, the difference will still be significant. The price isn't the best but it's not bad...if you wanna drop the money, go for it. Swapping out hard drives/optical bays isnt hard work at all. The hard drive swap takes 3 mins tops; taking out the optical drive is a bit more intensive as it requires you to eep up with a few more screws, but it's still not very high on the totem of difficulty. Optibay is an option too..they send you a platter to hold the SDD and a unit that conversts the optical bay to an external bay for $99 (which is not  a bad deal at all) just know that you void your warranty by taking out that optical bay. Whether or not you can get it back in there without anyone knowing when you need a repair depends on how clean your work is.

I need a new charger anyone know where I can get one for cheap 80$ at the apple store is too much

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

That's a relitively low-end drive, but since you're coming from am HDD, the difference will still be significant. The price isn't the best but it's not bad...if you wanna drop the money, go for it. Swapping out hard drives/optical bays isnt hard work at all. The hard drive swap takes 3 mins tops; taking out the optical drive is a bit more intensive as it requires you to eep up with a few more screws, but it's still not very high on the totem of difficulty. Optibay is an option too..they send you a platter to hold the SDD and a unit that conversts the optical bay to an external bay for $99 (which is not  a bad deal at all) just know that you void your warranty by taking out that optical bay. Whether or not you can get it back in there without anyone knowing when you need a repair depends on how clean your work is.
I went ahead and ordered everything I needed last night. Hopefully everything goes well. 

Can you guys school me on the differences between having a macbook and macbook pro? I want to get one before I got back to school in August. I'm a graphic design major by the way.

hi fambs im trying watch movies on my hdtv so i hooked up

my MB -> mini display port to hdmi adapter -> hdmi cable -> tv for the video

and a RCA [red x white] cable for the audio

But like the TV gets a light blue tint and all static and the picture maybe shows for one second perfectly than gets all static and blue once again

the audio works fine like if i wanna play music from itunes is works perfectly its just the video thats the issue

Anyone know the problem? Thanks in advnace

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Can you guys school me on the differences between having a macbook and macbook pro? I want to get one before I got back to school in August. I'm a graphic design major by the way.

id go ahead and get the 15 base model, i do a lot of photoshop and it does the job. i wish i would have got the HIGHER res display though that is 1600 pixels wide instead of the 1440

smile.gif

I got 4 x 2 from Amazon for $70 - 80 Bestbuy wanted $140 they would have price matched but they were out of stock

Why does NT and a few other websites load so slow on my Imac? Its especially slow loading pictures. But on most websites its still lightning fast

sorry in advance, i'm sure this has been asked numerous times but i cant find it

my mac has kinda been lagging lately...it's not slow, butat times when im scrolling and passing a gif or something, it'll take a second...it didn't used to do this...i remember somebody asking about cleaning out there macs history...how do i do that???

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Why does NT and a few other websites load so slow on my Imac? Its especially slow loading pictures. But on most websites its still lightning fast

yuku

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

smile.gif

I got 4 x 2 from Amazon for $70 - 80 Bestbuy wanted $140 they would have price matched but they were out of stock

link please

nerd.gif

I have a MacBook with a 120GB hard drive that is completely filled....119GB. This is bad for the laptop from my understanding so i intend to erase everything off my laptop except for my Music, Applications, and School Work. I also have a iMac which i intend to use to transfer these things. Will all my applications be able to be transferred to my iMac for a short period of time while i completely erase/reformat my macbook.

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

I have a MacBook with a 120GB hard drive that is completely filled....119GB. This is bad for the laptop from my understanding so i intend to erase everything off my laptop except for my Music, Applications, and School Work. I also have a iMac which i intend to use to transfer these things. Will all my applications be able to be transferred to my iMac for a short period of time while i completely erase/reformat my macbook.

Why erase when u should buy and upgrade to a 500gb hardrive. If you gonna transfer you need to use migration assistant Google it

I am thinking about buying a 15 MBP later this year. I was just wondering is there any news about a "major" upgrade or an upgrade coming to the MBP later this year or next year that I should wait for?~

Originally Posted by theone218

I need a new charger anyone know where I can get one for cheap 80$ at the apple store is too much
have a friend who still has applecare take it in. they will swap it out for a new one instantly.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

I am thinking about buying a 15 MBP later this year. I was just wondering is there any news about a "major" upgrade or an upgrade coming to the MBP later this year or next year that I should wait for?~

i just bought the same MBP and they just refreshed it in february so dont expect another refresh no time soon....

I believe i asked this question but couldn't find it using the search bar so ill ask again. currently have a MBP 09' and want to use a tv monitor with it since im transferring out to college. I know i have to buy mini dvi to hdmi and also need a way to transfer sound correct? i was looking at to buy this :http://tinyurl.com/68tzkuq but it seems a bit steep for what it does. any other alternatives that could be a bit cheaper?

Wassup NT back at it again with yet another problem....

Everytime i do a software update my Mac keeps finding this thunderport update i tried updating it like 5 times already and everytime i run the software update after i try to install the update it pops up again like i never installed it....

btw i have a 15 MBP 2011

is anyone else having this same problem?

Back
Top Bottom