The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by DimSum9

yea I do. 
It's a known issue in Lion, happens to me every day. Theres a couple of quick fixes but nothing permanent, you'll have to wait until Apple releases an update
30t6p3b.gif

I don't have any problems..Now I do have problems with the heating.  This thing will heat up your legs...
My specs: 

MacBook Pro

17-Inch, Mid 2010

2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7

8GB 1067 DDR3 Memory

Mac OS X Lion
The fan turns on when the macbook is on for like 2-3 hours especially if I'm watching a movie, just give it a rest and close it for a bit. It cools quickly when I do that. 

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

My MBP is running sooo slow, is there any program that could help me clean stuff out?

When you say running so slow, elaborate.

Also, what OS are you running?

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

alright just upgraded to lion;

1. iphoto is gone??? has this happened to anyone else

2. I upgraded to lion so i can sync my iMac and Macbook Calanders without going through google... is this possible? ...how?
iPhoto should not be gone.
Are you saying its gone from yoru DOCK or gone from the whole OS... have you searched the device for it?

2. You can sync your calendars but it depends on what service you are using, if you are using your google calendar each device will sync if its selected BUT if you are keeping a seperate calendar on one of the devices imac, macbook , iphone & have one deselected it won't sync up

I am 99% sure that its defaulted to sync when you install the mail client into your device though

Good luck.

My MBP is running sooo slow, is there any program that could help me clean stuff out?

OS X Lion
Things take a lil longer to load, my internet browser is always freezing (tired of seeing the apple circling around and around 
mad.gif
). Have to force close more than usual

I think I may be using too much memory, I'm not too sure.

OS X Lion
Things take a lil longer to load, my internet browser is always freezing (tired of seeing the apple circling around and around 
mad.gif

Lion does make certain mac's load slower, I installed it on the Macbook (white 2010) i got my mom & off the jump it was a little slower but keep in mind that things are runnign for the first time

If you feel that you need memory and DONT want to get killed pricing wise, check out Other world computing.

I got 4gb's for my iMac for 79.99

The difference in price from persay Apple to a offshoot branding is that apple tests every piece vs other companies might test 1 of 20.
In the event you got a bum card they just take it back & ship you another, but i (or other friends) have never had any issues.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Type X

OS X Lion
mad.gif

Lion does make certain mac's load slower, I installed it on the Macbook (white 2010) i got my mom & off the jump it was a little slower but keep in mind that things are runnign for the first time

If you feel that you need memory and DONT want to get killed pricing wise, check out Other world computing.

I got 4gb's for my iMac for 79.99

The difference in price from persay Apple to a offshoot branding is that apple tests every piece vs other companies might test 1 of 20.
In the event you got a bum card they just take it back & ship you another, but i (or other friends) have never had any issues.

Good luck

That what happened with my MBP.  I went to the disk utility to do a veification.  Next thing you know, I have to bring my MBP into Apple store tomorrow.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Thinking about getting the 21.5 inch iMac that's 1500. Then upgrading the memory to 16gb.

Will this be sufficient in handling, hd video editing, protools, and such? I'm just being careful.

That'll definitely be sufficient. I'd go for the 27" screen though it's
eek.gif

Was adjusting the position of my MBP and noticed it was a bit unbalanced. I look under and I see a part of the rechargeable battery sticking out, I'm thinking it just fell out of place so I try to push it back in and it won't go. I look on the side of the battery and notice somehow it split, I've never dropped my computer and I'm the only one with access to it so now I'm worried and confused.

o887zc.jpg

xmihr8.jpg

24ctwz7.jpg

Should I be worried? I guess I'm going to have to buy a another battery. How in the %%%# did this **@+ happen
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Should I be worried? I guess I'm going to have to buy a another battery. How in the %%%# did this **@+ happen
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i forgot the actual in-house term for it but its actually kinda common. happened to me a few years back. they'll fix it. it has something to do with faulty battery cells. Mine was super over the cycle limit and i walked in expecting to pauy for a new one, but they just took a look at it and swapped it out with no issue

Appreciate it guys. First time I've ever had a "problem", I always hear of stories so I was a bit worried.
laugh.gif

Nah, usually the apple store is good with repairs even if you are not under warranty, they replaced my fiance's rear iphone 4 glass for free even after a drop & replaced my macbook trackpad a smidge over warranty time.

Love my apple gear...

Ok so heres the classic dilemma. Warranty is up in a few days on my Mid-2010 MBP and I'm not sure whether to get the AppleCare or not. My battery is already going downhill but if I get AppleCare I heard that doesn't even cover batteries?

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Ok so heres the classic dilemma. Warranty is up in a few days on my Mid-2010 MBP and I'm not sure whether to get the AppleCare or not. My battery is already going downhill but if I get AppleCare I heard that doesn't even cover batteries?
AppleCare covers batteries as long as they reasonably fall around normal cycle usage. Like, don't be surprised if you rack up 1000+ cycles and you need a replacement and they point you in the direction of purchasing a new one. If you need a discount, buy it with the education discount (in store or online...it would be like 40% off). in 3 years time, you are gonna have some sort of problem eventually, especially on a laptop. I say you buy it now to avoid the headache later. You may also want to consider a squaretrade warranty

^^^^^For real? At least the warranty for Best Buy covers a battery each year. I thought at least Applecare would have the same type of warranty.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

They really need an update on Lion already. I feel like I have a broken machine because of it.

They just released 10.7.1. 
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1213510

10_7_1.png

Finally! They fixed the issue with the video thing with Safari. Thanks for heads up.

Also the warranty is a good option since it's now transferrable, there was a good write up online of which apple cares were worth it

I think they noted that the failure rate on an iphone is lower than 10% (majority of service on them is breaks due to drops that ISN't under applecare) but for imac/macbook etc it's worth it due to the failure rate from 10-20% & the cost of major service being over the initial cost of the applecare (especially if purchased from a 3rd party vendor)

As i noted above, applecare is transferrable, so if you are going to eventually replace the device OR you feel that you are going to need service definitely pick it up.

My Mac was under warranty, not even a year old, however I swap my harddrive out so that's not covered.
The Harddrive is totally corrupted.

I purchased a 1TB SATA for the MAC....My only concern is the transfer speed of that harddrive.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

AppleCare covers batteries as long as they reasonably fall around normal cycle usage. Like, don't be surprised if you rack up 1000+ cycles and you need a replacement and they point you in the direction of purchasing a new one. If you need a discount, buy it with the education discount (in store or online...it would be like 40% off). in 3 years time, you are gonna have some sort of problem eventually, especially on a laptop. I say you buy it now to avoid the headache later. You may also want to consider a squaretrade warranty

What's the best way to use/run laptop battery?? Should you always have it charging/plugged in, or should you get a full charge, let it run down, and then charge/repeat??

Back
Top Bottom