The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

What year is your iMac?

I ask, because I had an issue with my '08 iMac where my bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse would lose connection to the iMac while I watched a movie. I had to end up restarting by holding down the power button. I ended up getting a wired keyboard and Logitech USB mouse and that stopped the issue.

Mid 2011. The issue started out by just losing connection for a few seconds, then it would reconnect. Then at times, it started to not reconnect in which I would have to restart it by holding down the power button like you. I googled the issue and tried all the suggestions. Nothing.

Mid 2011. The issue started out by just losing connection for a few seconds, then it would reconnect. Then at times, it started to not reconnect in which I would have to restart it by holding down the power button like you. I googled the issue and tried all the suggestions. Nothing.
Definitely sounds like the same connectivity issues I experienced.

I had those same connectivity issues as well but it was on a Mac Pro. The older cheese grater tower.

Is Swappa the move to sell MacBooks?

I have two Airs and one 12" Retina that I'm looking to move. Also have a line on a discounted 13" Touch Bar that I may cop and flip. Thinking about parlaying all of that into a 15" Touch Bar.

Is Swappa the move to sell MacBooks?

I have two Airs and one 12" Retina that I'm looking to move. Also have a line on a discounted 13" Touch Bar that I may cop and flip. Thinking about parlaying all of that into a 15" Touch Bar.

I just posted a 13” mid 2012 MBA on there. I also have a 13” Pro to put on there as well.

It's a shame Swappa doesn't allow selling iMacs or other Macs for that matter.

I had an iMac before they went with the aluminum body, and I really want one again. Just so convenient owning a MBP and just getting an external though.
It is. Any recs for an external display that is compatible with the 2016 models?

It is. Any recs for an external display that is compatible with the 2016 models?
Honestly anything with USB-C Thunderbolt. I know a lot of LG monitors support it. Woot (which is owned by amazon) had a sale of the 4k 22" one they released that was "officially" for apple devices. 22" isn't that big in todays standards, but the ability of USB-C thunderbolt is a big plus. You can plug in HD's etc into the monitor and itll charge and connect all with one cable.

What do you want it to offer? USB-C? Charge MacBook through the Display for a single cable setup? 4K? Ultra wide?

All depends but LG is basically the best aftermarket display for Apple atm. I’m planning on upgrading my Samsung display to an LG over the next year or so just to remove clutter from adapters, HDMI, etc. rather have 1 USB-C cable from my MacBook to the display that charges and pushes video/sound all in 1

What do you want it to offer? USB-C? Charge MacBook through the Display for a single cable setup? 4K? Ultra wide?

All depends but LG is basically the best aftermarket display for Apple atm. I’m planning on upgrading my Samsung display to an LG over the next year or so just to remove clutter from adapters, HDMI, etc. rather have 1 USB-C cable from my MacBook to the display that charges and pushes video/sound all in 1

What year MacBook and what size LG monitor?

I had no idea USB-C had all those capabilities. 1 cable to do audio/video/charging is nuts.

Apple is supposed to get back in the display business once a new Mac Pro is released. Who knows when that will be though.

Apple is supposed to get back in the display business once a new Mac Pro is released. Who knows when that will be though.

I’m weird, I actually like third party displays. :lol: LG makes the best panels imo.

But i’d definitely want to see what apple can offer. I’m sure they’d probably just source the panels from LG anyway and design the casing.

Only thing with apple would be the price. I couldn’t justify the premium they might charge for a 38inch display unless they really offer something competitors didn’t

Reactions: ARK
I had no idea USB-C had all those capabilities. 1 cable to do audio/video/charging is nuts.
Technically it's thunderbolt that does that. It just uses the USBC interfaci .usb 3.0 I believe cannot do all of that .I may be wrong though.

The bottom of the screen on my 17 MBP is messed up. Its the very bottom, and only a small part under the icons. Can barely see it and i think it comes and goes, but i know its there.

Gonna make it that much harder when i go to sell, its probably an expensive *** fix.

Back
Top Bottom