The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

teledock_by_endosage.png

Code:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/73364816/teledock_by_endosage.zip

Alright guys, Im thinking of buying a Macbook for college... What would you guys recommend? Im just gonna use it for internet and papers and all that stuff,nothing too serious. Also should I wait for a couple months for an upgrade or something or is it safe to buy now?

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Alright guys, Im thinking of buying a Macbook for college... What would you guys recommend? Im just gonna use it for internet and papers and all that stuff, nothing too serious. Also should I wait for a couple months for an upgrade or something or is it safe to buy now?
I'd say go with the 2.0GHz Unibody MacBook, it is PLENTY fast. I have the 2.4GHz version, but I had to have the illuminated keyboard (lame Iknow), and we got it through a family member's discount so I figured might as well go big. I also love the size of the MacBook over the MacBook Pro.

There might be an upgrade coming pretty soon here due to the new OS Snow Leopard, but no one knows for sure when it is coming out. I'd say if you can waita few months than do so, but if you need it now, go for it because if they do have an upgrade they will just bump the specs a little, it won't be a hugerevamp or anything.

Alright guys, Im thinking of buying a Macbook for college... What would you guys recommend? Im just gonna use it for internet and papers and all that stuff, nothing too serious. Also should I wait for a couple months for an upgrade or something or is it safe to buy now?
wait for the back to school sale homie.... u might get a free ipod or some ###$.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH
to be honest... i think its illegal..... and asking how to work around will get you banned and this thread locked.. Edit your post and google thatup homie.... or PM somebody... im sure some of the regulars may know...

Is there a way to make ringtones from MP3s without buying the song on the iTunes store? My iPhone isn't hacked..
Any songs you have on Itunes can be made into a ringtone... Just drag the song into garageband... Nothing illegal about that.

I'd say go with the 2.0GHz Unibody MacBook, it is PLENTY fast. I have the 2.4GHz version, but I had to have the illuminated keyboard (lame I know), and we got it through a family member's discount so I figured might as well go big. I also love the size of the MacBook over the MacBook Pro.

There might be an upgrade coming pretty soon here due to the new OS Snow Leopard, but no one knows for sure when it is coming out. I'd say if you can wait a few months than do so, but if you need it now, go for it because if they do have an upgrade they will just bump the specs a little, it won't be a huge revamp or anything.

Thanks for the info.. Do you guys think I should wait for the Back to School Promo or just buy it from Bestbuy? I know Bestbuy has awesome Product ReplacementPlans, but I dont know if they still have those for laptops. I have a 16gb Touch so I dont really care about an iPod if I could get a good warranty instead. Ithink either way I'd wait til around August, depending on how impatient I get haha.

I'd say go with the 2.0GHz Unibody MacBook, it is PLENTY fast. I have the 2.4GHz version, but I had to have the illuminated keyboard (lame I know), and we got it through a family member's discount so I figured might as well go big. I also love the size of the MacBook over the MacBook Pro.

There might be an upgrade coming pretty soon here due to the new OS Snow Leopard, but no one knows for sure when it is coming out. I'd say if you can wait a few months than do so, but if you need it now, go for it because if they do have an upgrade they will just bump the specs a little, it won't be a huge revamp or anything.

Thanks for the info.. Do you guys think I should wait for the Back to School Promo or just buy it from Bestbuy? I know Bestbuy has awesome Product Replacement Plans, but I dont know if they still have those for laptops. I have a 16gb Touch so I dont really care about an iPod if I could get a good warranty instead. I think either way I'd wait til around August, depending on how impatient I get haha.

idk if you'll get an ipod this time because they only gave out a free ipod because a new mac and new ipod was coming out so they wanted to move the olditems. but def go for a 2.4ghz imo. better harddrive and illuminated keyboard is a plus. you'll love it no matter what but it just that little extrayou'll appreciate.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Is there a way to make ringtones from MP3s without buying the song on the iTunes store? My iPhone isn't hacked..
Any songs you have on Itunes can be made into a ringtone... Just drag the song into garageband... Nothing illegal about that.
ohh ok cool... my bad for the wrong info

So I'm looking through newegg for some memory to add to my MacPro 2.66GHz Dual Core (which currently has only 1GB), but I'm not completely sure if theywould be compatible for my dual core, since it is one of the older models, and most of the memory is for the quad and eight cores.

I was looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16820134589

Would it be compatible?

Originally Posted by BustaDimes

So I'm looking through newegg for some memory to add to my MacPro 2.66GHz Dual Core (which currently has only 1GB), but I'm not completely sure if they would be compatible for my dual core, since it is one of the older models, and most of the memory is for the quad and eight cores.

I was looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16820134589

Would it be compatible?

http://www.crucial.com/

That is where I found RAM for my MacBook Pro, and you can find compatibilty by search on that site. It was very easy, thanks to whoever lead me to that site.

ight, I know its not illegal... so here it is..
How To Make A Ringtone on iTunes:
1. Find The Song You Want
2. Edit The Song.. Get Info > Options > Start Time ___ - End Time ___ (No more then 30 Sec.)
3. Create ACC Version
4. Take the :30 or less music file, put it on your desktop.
5. Replace .m4a with .m4r
6. Now double click the .m4r now it should be in your ringtones section, and should sync to your iPhone.
7. Your not done, so that the next time you play the song you don't only get :30 or less, you must Get Info > Options > uncheck Start Time & EndTime. Click Ok.
8. Now your good.

anybody know any good popup blockers or adblockers programs for firefox?

i downloaded adblock but theres always an ad on the top of the page which annoys me.

any help would be appreciated
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom