The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

peanut I got a Q. when I buy this game am I gonna get nice at it quick like call of duty or is it gonna take a while ?

peanut I got a Q. when I buy this game am I gonna get nice at it quick like call of duty or is it gonna take a while ?

Str8YaMs wrote:

The release date for the game is 4/19/2011. If you're good at fighting games then it shouldn't be hard for you.  

Str8YaMs wrote:

The release date for the game is 4/19/2011. If you're good at fighting games then it shouldn't be hard for you.  

Originally Posted by peanut214

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that music

peanut214 wrote:

* It has also been revealed that the Story Mode will be the deepest of any fighting game ever. The structure of Story-Mode is said to be in the vain of MK vs DCU. It's length is to be longer than both Story Modes combined in MK vs DCU.
Anything more in-depth besides that?~

EDIT: Found more details

Developer Ed Boon describes the game as an altered re-telling of the events of the original first three Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK II, and MK3).[sup][19][/sup]
...Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, so the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from back then gets a message and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something bad's going to happen, and the game spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, and he's changing the course of things, so everything you've seen happen before – Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, are changed around, so you might see a character become cybernetic who wasn't before, and so you see a different version [of events].

Hector Sanchez confirmed the chronology in an interview:[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)#cite_note-19[/sup]
The story begins with Raiden, just when he is about to be killed by Shao Kahn in the events that happen after Armageddon. In a last effort, he sends a message to himself in the past, in the era of "Mortal Kombat", the first game. The rest of the story follows that Raiden's past and shows him trying to understand the visions and messages he gets from himself in the future and trying to prevent the events that lead to destruction of all realities.

Player will have the ability to play as multiple characters during the course of story. The developers also stated that in the past the story had been ignored in favor for gameplay "action", but that this will change with this chapter of the series, with the plot being significantly more substantial than predecessor Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

~
[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)#cite_note-Shacknews_handson-16[/sup]

peanut214 wrote:

* It has also been revealed that the Story Mode will be the deepest of any fighting game ever. The structure of Story-Mode is said to be in the vain of MK vs DCU. It's length is to be longer than both Story Modes combined in MK vs DCU.
Anything more in-depth besides that?~

EDIT: Found more details

Developer Ed Boon describes the game as an altered re-telling of the events of the original first three Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK II, and MK3).[sup][19][/sup]
...Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, so the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from back then gets a message and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something bad's going to happen, and the game spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, and he's changing the course of things, so everything you've seen happen before – Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, are changed around, so you might see a character become cybernetic who wasn't before, and so you see a different version [of events].

Hector Sanchez confirmed the chronology in an interview:[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)#cite_note-19[/sup]
The story begins with Raiden, just when he is about to be killed by Shao Kahn in the events that happen after Armageddon. In a last effort, he sends a message to himself in the past, in the era of "Mortal Kombat", the first game. The rest of the story follows that Raiden's past and shows him trying to understand the visions and messages he gets from himself in the future and trying to prevent the events that lead to destruction of all realities.

Player will have the ability to play as multiple characters during the course of story. The developers also stated that in the past the story had been ignored in favor for gameplay "action", but that this will change with this chapter of the series, with the plot being significantly more substantial than predecessor Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

~
[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)#cite_note-Shacknews_handson-16[/sup]

Back
Top Bottom