The Official Mortal Kombat X Thread (KOMBAT PACK 2 AVAILABLE NOW FOR PSN & XBL)

:lol: bro I been told tou to hit me up. I'll grab it again when it dips down to the sub 30 dollar category. Fighting games are not my thing, they get stale to me quickly because its purely muscle memory. Now Fight Night, thats dynamic and I'll play that all day :smokin really hoping they have a next-gen release.

Ard well I'll have to catch up to you then :lol:

I also think they should go back to the style of the first Fight Night :nerd:

Once things started changing after that I stop playing those :smh:

:lol: got rid of mine. Your success rate in this game will be entirely dependant on your ability to memorize combos.

There's much more to the game than that but with online being so meh at best it degenerates into that. Can't react to situations, can time things correctly, just gotta mash combos since the high lows need to be pretty much guessed :smh:

Last edited:
It isn't just combos though. You have to do them when you get a chance but you have to have legit strategy to be good at fighting games.

Of course you need strategy but fighting games are more muscle memory than anything. If you cant remember strings of combos you will not be successful, you will not uppercut and roundhouse your way to victory againt a decent opponent. Fighting games probably have the steepest learning curve of any video games so it takes alot of dedication and practice to be good... I just dont have the patience to try to remember a bunch of button commands in a particular sequence :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah. In mk9-10 you can't really "freestyle" as I call it. You have to remember 3-4 combos and go from there. Normals in MK are useless and boarder line nonexistent outside of the sweep, uppercut, and neutral jump high punch

Last edited:
Yeah. In mk9-10 you can't really "freestyle" as I call it. You have to remember 3-4 combos and go from there. Normals in MK are useless and boarder line nonexistent outside of the sweep, uppercut, and neutral jump high punch

Man foreal , you need to learn atleast 3 good combos , resets , juggles and a string . It's not as easy to pick up like killer instinct or ttekken

I'd say in order of importance you need:
1. Defense
2. Combos
3. Punishment (which comes from the first 2)

Well thats for competitive play. You can win fights without blocking once against an aggressive beginner.

Last edited:
Defense and meter management goes without saying. That's a fundamental among all fighting games. That's like saying health management is #1 :lol:

Is game specific needs combo memorization is #1 because the strings aren't intuitive. You actually have to go to practice mode, look them up, and learn them where as in, let's say SF, normals run the game.

You have to understand all of the characters well if you want to compete at a high level. That is how you learn how to play defense. You have to know their strings, mix-ups, meter burn variations, range etc to even begin to be good.

So with that I still say defense >*

And you have to be able to adapt quickly.

Last edited:
But it is easy for me to say these things because I have been playing at a high level for about 4 years now.

When I first started though that muscle memory hurdle :lol:

You're right but defense is a given is what I'm saying. Not just high level but for everyone who want to win :lol:

[h1]Next MKX Patch to include "Blanch Brutality"[/h1]
blanch2-png.9904

Last edited:
Man. I've played the best street fighter player on earth and held my own. I can play SF4 for an entire night and win 98% of the time.

I play this, and I'm 1/15 right now. This game is hella fun, but it's hella hard to play :lol:. I think I'm thinking too much.

I'm using Lackey Torr. How do I beat anybody? :lol:

edit- more I play, more I feel like it's latency and torr's character design keeping me from succeeding.

Last edited:
Honestly from what I've seen from Torr he seems bulky/slow. Majority of my success in this game comes from using a good high/low mixup. Some characters have a pretty good set up already like kang, sub, and now Jason who is pretty overpowered imo but that's a different story. Either way you just gotta have a good variety of mixups to keep your opponent honest. Use them throws too, I know I tend to forget about them at times haha.

Still haven't played yet

What's the consensus on how good this game is?

Last edited:
Man. I've played the best street fighter player on earth and held my own. I can play SF4 for an entire night and win 98% of the time.

I play this, and I'm 1/15 right now. This game is hella fun, but it's hella hard to play :lol:. I think I'm thinking too much.

edit- more I play, more I feel like it's latency and torr's character design keeping me from succeeding.

I've played SF at an extremely high level and I find MKX easier because of it

So tell me more about playing daigo in SF?

^Wasn't Daigo, it was Xian. It was fun.

Still haven't played yet

What's the consensus on how good this game is?

They just need to work on improving the online experience, then I'd call it a must-buy.

Back
Top Bottom