The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

200w.gif

I really don't mind Redick (as long as he has a veteran staff surrounding him), but to go from potentially Hurley to him.

I have never seen someone with 0 coaching experience, let alone a former player, succeed as a first year coach. Nash, Fisher, Kidd's first stint are ones that come to mind and all were disasters. Also, being a first time coach is one thing, but choosing a team with LeBron and the Lakers is a whole different ball game.

The only scenario I see is an absolute 💩 show this is going to be and him taking the blame when they are knocked out of the playin.

I have never seen someone with 0 coaching experience, let alone a former player, succeed as a first year coach. Nash, Fisher, Kidd's first stint are ones that come to mind and all were disasters. Also, being a first time coach is one thing, but choosing a team with LeBron and the Lakers is a whole different ball game.

The only scenario I see is an absolute 💩 show this is going to be and him taking the blame when they are knocked out of the playin.
Joe Mazz was a game away from making the finals and he didn’t even have a staff.

JJ probably isn’t going to be any worse than Ham who didn’t have the Xs and Os or the player management.

Doc Rivers had a pretty good first year given his roster (41-41) and Mark Jackson for all his faults guided the Warriors to the playoffs in year two. Steve Kerr too I guess.

Joe Mazz was a game away from making the finals and he didn’t even have a staff.

JJ probably isn’t going to be any worse than Ham who didn’t have the Xs and Os or the player management.

Mazz was an assistant coach for Boston before being an interim coach. What I am saying are players with 0 coaching experience (as head coaches or assistant coaches or college coaches) who jump straight into a head coach position in the NBA are set to fail.

Heck, even Kidd needed to spend time as an assistant to be where he is right now.

Doc Rivers had a pretty good first year given his roster (41-41) and Mark Jackson for all his faults guided the Warriors to the playoffs in year two. Steve Kerr too I guess.

Good examples. I guess it can happen but neither of them had championship asperations. I still can't see it go well for JJ.

So will yall give Tatum the same disrespect that yall gave Steph for being the best player on the team and NOT winning the Finals MVP?

( QU!K QU!K )

Lot of people were disingenuously calling for Hickory Brad’s head a few years back when he stepped down, pretending like he didn’t deserve the front office transition.

Lot of people were claiming Tatum/Brown should be broken up and didn’t work together.

If JJ leaves, demote Doris to work with Mark Jones and elevate Richard Jefferson with Breen and Lisa Salters.

Back
Top Bottom