The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

baseball-crawl.gif

Tatum really a Klay Thompson clone tbh:

1718295704525.png

Re: Crybaby Luka

Until the NBA Addresses how they let their players have tantrums on the court as if they are little children, they will continue to act like this.

I've always talked about how much I hate how much these grown men cry when calls don't go their way. I HATE it because kids see it and mimic it.

It needs to end but Black Lives Matter Adam Silver thinks allowing these men to have the space to act like this in public is a form of social justice, so it never gets shut down. ( “spare the rod, spoil the child” deuce king deuce king )

It's out of hand. It's BEEN out of hand.

This is pretty typical shape for him. He’s been thinner in prior seasons, but that was more the exception than the rule.

But I’m in the camp of people who don’t think , Luka’s conditioning is a big issue for the Mavs - at least compared to other issues that are causing them to lose this series.

I think Luka could still be great at 300lbs but EYE think his weight has affected him. Remember this a few years ago?

Look how nimble he was 😔

Jrue had a solid case after Game 2 but Jaylen showed out in the 2nd half last especially when the Celtics were spiraling late in the 4th.
We all know that ladder didn't have Jrue first
youngsabu (1).png

The Industry 🪴 was getting the push 🤔

The list is wild btw. It has Kyrie over Jrue lmao

Last edited:
This is pretty typical shape for him. He’s been thinner in prior seasons, but that was more the exception than the rule.

But I’m in the camp of people who don’t think , Luka’s conditioning is a big issue for the Mavs - at least compared to other issues that are causing them to lose this series.

The body positive crowd will tell you he is fine with how he is now and he doesn't need to get in better shape. Then they will hit you with the, "He will never look like cut up" as if those are the only two options.

I mean the refs been terrible, they do let Boston play extremely physical, miss tons of calls. That play where horford is riding Luka, arms at a 45 degree angle, he fouls him multiple times, then Jrue smacks Luka’s left arm as he’s shooting. Refs call it out of bounds on Boston. Mazula challenged and they changed it to out on Luka 😂 I know they can’t challenge a no call but come on 🤣 it’s just bad.

Why does Luka and every star player cry so much, that is the reason^^^ the zebras need to be fined lol

Luka doesn't need a bodybuilder physique but I don't think his conditioning is quite where it needs to be. He's been gassing out like Embiid and I think it's leading to some of these frustration fouls. He has a lot of offensive responsibility, more than anyone on the Celtics because the Celtics have more guys who can initiate the offense. Dallas only has two. After Luka and Kyrie, the rest of those guys can't really create. But that being said, you can see that Tatum and Brown are better conditioned than Luka. Jaylen is exploding to the rim on offense and still has enough energy to pick up Luka beyond halfcourt at times and make him work and frustrate him. Jokic is an example of a guy who's really well conditioned despite his appearance. Luka isn't that.

That talk got parked real quickly :lol:, same with the best in the world shouts.

Getting compared to the greatest scorer of his era and one of the best playmakers was never an insult.

Their games legit mirror each other, on both ends unfortunately in Luka's case :lol::smh:

Maybe this L might be exactly what he needs to switch things up or take a different approach at times.

He'll always be a statsheet stuffer no matter what because of how incredibly skilled he is offensively. Just needs to tweak certain things in his game a bit more if he wants to win chips too to go with the individual accolades which with that caliber of a player, is what you're ultimately judged on fairly or unfairly.

What the hell happened to Dallas’ impact bigs?!?

Kidd’s coaching is major suspect for not starting Lively instead of the underperforming Jones.

Go Bigger than Boston and have a size advantage. You down 0-3, obviously his lineups AIN’T WORKING

A great coach knows how to make in-series adjustments

Not impressed by Kidd and his staff at all

That talk got parked real quickly :lol:, same with the best in the world shouts.

Getting compared to the greatest scorer of his era and one of the best playmakers was never an insult.

Their games legit mirror each other, on both ends unfortunately in Luka's case :lol::smh:

Maybe this L might be exactly what he needs to switch things up

Shut up.

Harden never even came close to this position.

Go look at their post season stats.

That Harden **** is done.

Want to knows what’s good about this tho.

Is Jaylen Brown finally getting the respect he deserves for being the best player on this team.

They can no longer shove Tatum down our throats. The whole world now knows it.

Good for him.

Harden has never been where Luka has been right now…

Bron has.

Luka will be ight.
Shut up.

Harden never even came close to this position.

Go look at their post season stats.

That Harden **** is done.
Want to knows what’s good about this tho.

Is Jaylen Brown finally getting the respect he deserves for being the best player on this team.

They can no longer shove Tatum down our throats. The whole world now knows it.

Good for him.
I see Captain Save-a-Slovenian has arrived

Besides the complaining to the refs, Luka's conditioning and durability is always gonna be my biggest question mark for him. He'll always be that LeBron/Harden hybrid in terms of skill but he's nowhere near as durable as they were. Harden had his flaws but during his peak, he was playing close to the full 82 games during those seasons. LeBron is a once-in-a-generation athletic freak so there's no comparison there.

When you miss enough games, those are usually going to be losses for your team and will hurt your final seeding for the playoffs. Can Luka be healthy enough for 75+ games to get them a Top-3 seed in the playoffs and then survive a 2 month playoff run to the Finals?

Back
Top Bottom